Current games thread!
Ok, first I think it would be nice to make this thread a sticky.

Everyone just post what game you're curently playing and maybe a small opinion about the game. You can also post if you're looking forward to a game.

I'm currently playing Splinter Cell: Chaos theory. I finished the first one like 2 years ago and recently got hooked on the second one. Finished it and I'm now playing the last. I just love these games. You really feel like your sneaking arround and it feels good everytime you sneak up on someone and grab them. And the graphics are amazing, especially on the ps2. It uses some sort of light reflection on the walls that I've never seen before in a ps2 game. If its a little dark it almost looks like a real wall. I was amazed that the ps2 could still do that.

Another one I'm having fun with is Darkwatch. Its Serious Sam in the wild west part of hell with amazing, spot on controls. The weapons look, sound and feel very cool. They also have given you some super powers like the vampire jump ala metroid prime and they make you choose either a good or bad path resulting in different upgrades and special abilities. Besides the frantic fps monster killing action (which is non stop) they throw in some horse riding missions and according to the review some tank driving missions (which I haven't encountered yet). Lots of fun and good for the reflexces.

And for my rpg periods I'm playing Star Ocean3 for the first time. I've played for about 2 hours but it looks like a nice game. I like the fighting mechanics so far, just need some more moves and a bigger party.

So, what are you guys/gals playing?
I've really only been playing multiplayer games with friends lately.

Chaos theory is a good game. Only play the 2 player coop with a friend of mine.

I play nfsu2 a lot. Great game. Career mode was better in the first one, but that's why I just copied my friends completed game to my box. =P

Kung Fu Chaos and Fusion Frenzy are both great games to mess around with. I really wish they'd make a new fusion frenzy game or that sega would revive power stone.

Trying to get my friend into Tekken 4. Rather play tekken tag but I can't find a copy anywhere in town.

Of course there's always Halo 2. Don't need to say anything about that.
I am playing metroid prime 2, after playing this game for a couple of hours I started to play the first metroid prime again, both these games are f***n awesome. I am also playing both the sonic mega and gems collections, must haves for sonic fans.

On the xbox I am playing forza (righteous game) and kotor 2.

I was thinking about picking up darkwatch and I read reviews and it seems like most gamers say its great but the people on gamespot and ign think its too short. Is the game worth the pricetag?
I've done a quick switch out in the past week:

I got to 288% out of 300 on GvZG; good game if you likes FvZ, personally I love it.

Then I bought Future Tactics for 5 bucks, beat it in a few days & don't feel like playing the new game type unlocked; it's a pretty cool first person action tactics. Turn based gameplay, with first person weapon aiming, save for bombs. But, the story sucks, & it has no character selection, characters just come & go.

So, I put in Dynasty Warriors 4, took a break from it to play the Genji demo, & now I'm back to DW4. Genji is pretty cool if you like the Onimusha games, personaly I like it more than the Onimusha series, but it leaves a LOT to be desired (even in the final product), which is probably because I'm a spoiled gamer ^_^.

As for DW4, if you need an explination of any DW game you must be living under a rock..or you hate button mashing hack & slash games Tongue

Next games I'll be playing will be Castlevania: CoD & Devil Kings, as I've got both already reserved/paid for in full.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
All i can say is i have only been playing EverQuest 2 for almost the last year..
I'm just coming back from a few years of playing Everquest so I'm trying to catch up on some console games that I missed out on. Right now I'm really into my Dreamcast that I just bought and am playing Skies of Arcadia.
I had last week off, so I breezed through FFVII as a refresher for the movie. I was surprised how easy it was to beat the second time through even wthi out walk and the last time I played it being a couple of years ago.

Right now, I?m not sure, didn?t expect to be done with FFVII so quick. I did just buy Psi-ops, I should probably play that, but I have a quite a few games that I should probably finish, Like Onimusha 3 Guilty Gear X 2 and a few others I bought on a spir for cheap.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
aznswingkid Wrote:I'm just coming back from a few years of playing Everquest so I'm trying to catch up on some console games that I missed out on. Right now I'm really into my Dreamcast that I just bought and am playing Skies of Arcadia.
You might be upset with it.. I heard it gets riduculas as in random attacks and such.. Had a friend that played in on Dreamcast said it got to the point were the game was unenjoyable. And i guess for the Gamecube remake they toned it down a ton.. My wife enjoyed the gamecube version alot.. i need to find my FFIX discs and play that once again.
Mostly just Tales of Destiny 1 right now

I am playing Dynasty Tactics 2 and the Metal Gear Solid series some

I was playing Lord of The Rings the Battle For Middle Earth but i beat it and got bored so....

I think the last time i played any game other then on the computer tho was about 5 days ago i've been going thru anime like crazy
Cyrus
aznswingkid Wrote:I'm just coming back from a few years of playing Everquest so I'm trying to catch up on some console games that I missed out on. Right now I'm really into my Dreamcast that I just bought and am playing Skies of Arcadia.

What server? What lvl/class were you? I quit a while ago but I had a 65 paladin when that was the cap.

I did start playing eq2 again last night. Probably because I just started school up again so i'm gonna play when I really shouldn't.
About time you start again Cidien, i got 50 Zerker, and 37 Inquisiter now..
Nice. I got a 19 cleric on another server with a friend. The lvl 20 quest is kinda annoying, especially when you lag bad in certain zones. I just spent a crapload to upgrade my memory 256. Hopefully that will help. If not I just wasted a lotta money lol.
geo85 Wrote:I was thinking about picking up darkwatch and I read reviews and it seems like most gamers say its great but the people on gamespot and ign think its too short. Is the game worth the pricetag?

Well, I'm really the wrong person to ask since very few games are worth the price tag IMO. I download everything except the real good stuff like gran turismo, GTA and games to play online.

But it really depends on your situation. If you have enough cash to buy a game every week its very much worth it since its one of the better new games. If you don't have lots of cash to spend then I'd say wait for the september releases cause that's one sick month for gamers.

If you buy it though you will be having fun till the end of the game (which I estimate between 12 and 15 hours but it is fun to just pop it in sometimes and shoot some mosters, good stress releave)). You'll constantly be shooting hords of enemies while leaping arround with sometimes an objective like pull 3 switches or destroy a spawn point. Its not a frustrating game as far as difficulty goes since you have a regenerating shield so if the action gets to much you'll just have to retreat and let your shield get back up but mostly you'll be right in the middle of the action. The levels are very liniar too so you won't get lost. I can't really compare it to any other fps because of the setting and combination of monsters and super powers but I like it alot.

If you like fps and monsters and have cash to spend you can hardly go wrong here.
I am currently enjoying Tales of Symphonia. I got for 20 bucks and it is the most play my cube has gotten since Wind Waker. The game has a decent VO, and while the story is pretty much FF 10 so far, the gameplay is awesome.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I plan on getting ToS someday. Heard alot of good things about it.

I finnaly finished RE4 last week after being stuck on the second Krauser fight for a couple of months. Now I can't stop playing it. Its the first game in years I actually play for the second time after finishing it. What a great game. Its perfect.

I'm getting a used xbox on saturday with Halo, Halo2 and Jade empire. I finnaly get to check out what Live is about. Anyone know something about the modchips that are available for it? Which one is best?