Current games thread!
Batz Kage Wrote:couldn't wait till next week, so I ended up buying the newest Mushashi whatever Samurai..
that should have said newest Evil Dead, & Musashi Samurai Legends..

Anyways, Now I'm playing Devil Kings Smile
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
I just got fire emblem path of radience, man its a great game. Of course if you dont like stradgey games then dont bother because you wont like it but for anyone who does and those who have played the gba games you'll love it. It's perfect aside for the dead for good issue. You couldnt ask for a better stradegy game, and its only on one gamecube disc, surprising but true. Its at least 60hrs, now the graphics aren't amazing but they are very good all the textures are rich and the character models are smooth and detailed and there is absolutely no collision detection that I can speak of, which is great considering almost every character wear capes and cloaks.

And of course the cg movies, now I have played the first 2 chapters not very far at all but there has only been one movie, I think in a gamespot review they said that there are only a bunch like 4-8 movies in the game but when one comes up WOW. It blows anything you'll see in ultimate spiderman with its inking rendering away, it's a prefect blend of animation and cg.
Gah.... Devil Kings was a giant turd.... though somehow i ended up playing with through with 3 or so characters. I'll probably never touch it again

Anyway, i'm currently playing:
-Shadow Hearts: Covenant - one of the better rpgs out there for the ps2
-Maken Shao - the ps2 port of the dreamcast game Maken X
-Michigan: Report From Hell - one hell of a unique game from the creators of Killer7.

I've also playing abit of that new Dragonball game (i hate the show, but i don't mind the games). Nice visuals, but i'm still trying to learn the controls.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
desfunk Wrote:Gah.... Devil Kings was a giant turd.... though somehow i ended up playing with through with 3 or so characters. I'll probably never touch it again
I can't really argue there. I enjoy the game, but it's like Capcom took the idea of Dynasty Warriors & made it retarded -_-..

What I hate most aboutthe fans is that most of them are stupid, all they can say is: "This isn't Dynasty Warriors, so it's the best game ever!" I'm sorry I really don't see how you can compare the two games...yes in both it's you against an army...but Devil Kings is like errr. DWs on crack..but really who wants crack when you've already got extasy..right?

Anyways, I got modded on GameFaqs for calling the annoying anti-Koei members fanboys -_- what kinda sh!t is that? In console wars Fanboy is thrown about like crazy & no one cares, it's jsut a certain memeber doesn't like my opinion, so he reported me for flaming -_- He's very stupid by the way XD..ok I need sleep.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

The gamefaqs board is full of idiots. You call anybody a 'fanboy' and they're modding you up like you just called them an actual NAME.

Anyway, from what i've heard the US version of Devil Kings is a violation to the japanese version. The controls, characters, story, etc have ALL been changed in the US release.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
desfunk Wrote:The gamefaqs board is full of idiots. You call anybody a 'fanboy' and they're modding you up like you just called them an actual NAME.

Anyway, from what i've heard the US version of Devil Kings is a violation to the japanese version. The controls, characters, story, etc have ALL been changed in the US release.

Yeah, Basara or whatever was more of a DW rip off, the US version is said to have better gameplay, but no historical settings, & for once I actually wish a game of this sort did have one.

Plus everyone keeps saying they tried to mimic DW, but all they really did was spice up the old Chaos Legion engine, & game, honestly pretty much sucked balls.

As for the GameFaqs memeber.. The one I insulted was one of those guys that kept braging about how Capcom was gonig to steal Koei's fame for the warring states games. The problem there is, he hates Koei... so he was beuing entirely bias. If his posts were on the Koei board he'd be modded for trolling. the problem lies in that, he knew he would p!ss off the DW fans with his constant remarks, but because he was on the Devil Kings' board, talking good about the game at subject, he wasn't trolling, he was jsut being a fan boy.

And I didn't even name a memeber of the forum when I made my insult, meaning by ToS I didn't violate sh!t.

The guy who reported me for flaming is jsut as bad off as the other guy. I enjoy playing the game, but I don't sit there & try to tell everyone it's better than Dynasty Warriros, just becuase it's not DW, or made by Koei -_-
The game has some MAJOR flaws, and when someone is going at it all fanboy like I like to express the fact that there are far to many flaws to call this game "perfect" -_-.

I still don't get the whole fanboy waring developers thing, by saying you hate one developer but love another you will only be limiting your gaming experience, I am not a fanboy of anyone I like all of em and show that much by having a massive library of games, people like that judge before they even get their hands on a game and end up missing out.
The only game company I hate is ea and they are not a developer, they just buy and destroy developers.
Being a fanboy and having a preference for a system/developer is a fine line in some peoples eyes. Plus half the time the phrase is used just to start a fight since most videogame forum people tend to take that as a personal insult.

Anyway, finished farcry, socom3 and Shadow of the Colossus this weekend. Gonna start on either Fable or Ninja Gaiden next. I think it will be Fable. Also been randomly playing the new SSX game. I always have fun with this series. Probably my favorite EA series.
Started playing Pshyconauts again, man what a great game. I pre-ordered Resident Evil 4 yesterday, so ill be playing that when I get it on wednesday. I also just ordered a new video card and bought Battlefield 2, so ill be having some fun with that as well.
playing shadow hearts covenent.
Collosus and when released guitar heros on the way.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
My DS came in Tuesday. I got it for 150 with Mario 64 DS, a Tiger woods golf game (I hate golf...) advanced wars duel strike and the MP hunters demo. It was also shipped for free. But yesterday I bought Castlvania Dawn of Sorrow and I'm in bliss right now. I also managed to pick up the original Castlevania for GBA for five bucks, so I got a good deal on that.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Fable is good as is Forza (anyone playing this on Live?)

King Kong is really awesome. It really feels like your in a film since, atleast in the beginning, you are accompanied by 1 to 3 other people who are constantly talking amongst eachother and to you. The kong parts you play are pretty straightforward jumping, climbing and then beating up some huge monster but it looks great. You can power up kong and he'll start pounding his chest and starts roaring and the whole screen starts to shake which looks great. The whole game looks great and shows some pretty unique things for a ps2 game. Especially memorable is when your walking allong a cliffside and bellow you in the valley you see a unlimited hurde of those huge dinosaurs with the long necks walking by.

The fps parts are very tense since you don't have a crosshair or a meter to show how much life you have left. Your life regenerates. After each hit you receive the screen blurs for a few seconds and if you survive that your ok till the next hit. If you get hit 3 times in a row your dead.

There's alot more to talk about in this game like the puzzle elements and the food chains you can use to distract enemies. I think this will get high reviews.

Also quickly checked out matrix path of neo. Looking better than the first one but still some annoying bugs I noticed with the physics. I do think its pretty cool that you can play through the entire story although lots of it is speeded through with lots of video clips making me fear its length. Besides all the battle training I played (where I died alot) there was a stealth sequence in Neo's office when the agents come looking for him and he tries to escape through the window. i hope they keep the variety up. Not that the quality of this game matters since it will sell millions regardless.

Next up is Gun.
I really want to but games like stubbs and ultimate spiderman and gun but a good play through is just not enough anymore, have developers forgotten multiplayer, adding a decent multi function to a game can make it a buy instead of a rent.
Got guitar hero today.Dam fine game.Ive been playing all day and my hand is feeling rather nacked.Now ive got my brother hooked as well.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
wrxh8r Wrote:Got guitar hero today.Dam fine game.Ive been playing all day and my hand is feeling rather nacked.Now ive got my brother hooked as well.
I want that game sooooooo bad. Looks freaking awsome.

Just got Call of Duty 2 and Shadow of the Colossus, both really great games.