Can money buy happiness?
balthier Wrote:First let me say that it is YOU who has no purpose. Don't assume nobody else has a good reason for existing.

Yea it'd make me happy to, but i guarantee, you wouldnt be happy until the day you died. After about 5-10 years of messing around you'd have to go to the extreme just to find entertainment. Ever heard of those billionares that go and climb mount everest and shit? (the movie "Vertical Limit" explores that type of person) Know why?

Cuz they are bored out of their fucking minds, they're money has helped them exploit every pleasure they think of the only thing left is to push them selves on the edge of life and death.

Something really funny... anyone that says money brings happiness is most likely poor, and if you're poor you have not had ENOUGH money to know whether or not it brings happiness. When you are miserable, get a paycheck, buy stuff, it's a great experience because your own misery made the money have value.

When you don't have a misery in between your paychecks it gets OLD and FAST. Depending on what you did once you got rich. If you still worked a regular job or started your own business things would balance out... if you quit working and never do anything that causes even slight stress then having money all the time will become normal to you after a while and eventually sink even lower then just normal as you exploit different pleasures.
We're all just a big bunch of cells, with absolutely no purpose other than the ones we give ourselves...

And as for the money and happiness part, I would indeed be happy. Say I was the richest person on earth; I would by a poor country and try to fix it up. It would make me happy to use my fortune to help others.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Can money buy happiness?: Yes, as long as you know how to spend it.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Ryujin Wrote:Can money buy happiness?: Yes, as long as you know how to spend it.
Exactly what I mean.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:We're all just a big bunch of cells, with absolutely no purpose other than the ones we give ourselves...

And as for the money and happiness part, I would indeed be happy. Say I was the richest person on earth; I would by a poor country and try to fix it up. It would make me happy to use my fortune to help others.

Ok that's good, what I was basically saying if you don't do some kind of work you will become like a drug addict (metaphorically) by exploiting your pleasures. Well that's what most rich people do anyways.

And it takes a selfless person to continue working when they don't need to ever again in their life.
Anime Want To Buy / Sell / Trade List: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=5548