Can money buy happiness?
At a mere 12000 nz$ a wrx is rather cheap.Howver they do suck.I cant say i like much of the other subarus either.A B4 Legacy would be the only way to go.Its the only model with a decent interior and power potential.Plus it comes with 4 speakers.Due to most having only 2.AHH god dam i h8 wrxs.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
Ok, now I got two people to visit when I'm over there, you and Juggie Big Grin

Fuck man, for the price you pay for them their performance is awesome. Bhp doesn't say much if you don't count weight and the handling of the cars and arround the track there's no car in its priceclass that beats it (maybe EVOVII on a good day) and it just drives great and I love the raw looks and sound but that's personal. Its my affordable dream car Big Grin

And $12000 Nz is like $8000 US right? I doubt you get the WRX-Sti for that (the road rally version). And I just saw I neglected to mention I want the impreza (which should be obvious as I did say the 555 version but still). But if its that cheap I know where to shop. Occasions in my country are € 35000,- at least (but very much worth it).
This Post is in nz $ us $ is about 2/3
Im used to my prices.My father imports jpn cars so i can pick them up cheap.But 12k would get an older not so nice one and a very nice non sti(which is what i was thinking of) a couple of thousand more will get a nice sti though.Id be looking at around the 10k mark though.The main problem being in nz imports cant be older than 1996.Normally there would be about a 4-6k markup on imports around the 10-20k price bracket but rexes are cheap hard to insure and get stollen all the time.So they arnt worth a helleva lot.
I just got a mitsi diamante.3 litre gdi engine.1998.Its a nice cruisy dads car.It was 12 and retails for 16.But father would have made a couple of grand off it as well.Plus it has 3 year warenty etc etc
[Image: 10008776ks0nn.jpg]
[Image: 10008784wy.jpg]
That's from '98? Looks brand new man Big Grin Nice. I don't even think we get that car in europe.

And your neigborhood looks very clean and peacefull. I must visit NZ too. I'm planning a long trip to australia in the next two years and I think I'll add NZ to the list Smile
elcoholic Wrote:We'll see, but I bet I'll own my subaru before you get your ferrari Big Grin

That's just the thing! Why did you choose such a "cheap" car as your ONE material thing?
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Its no cheap ass car :mad: (Zag help me out here. I know you like cars). Everyone turns their head when those gold rims come cruising by.

Its an affordable sports car that drives like a dream (it'll pull away from alot of porsches). Anyway, its where I've set my first goal. My next step is the 911 turbo (maybe an M3 in between) but that falls into the dream category (together with taking a drive in an F1).

I can't realy explain it. I get goosebumps just thinking about owning one. Some people get the feeling with classic cars, I get it with the impreza. Its a car purely made for driving with no comfort whatsoever. Is as raw as they come.

But a modena isn't that bad though Wink
Yep four cylinder turbo spots cars pull faster than a school boy.They have that very sharp short power range that throws you back into your seat at high rpm.Even though bigger v8 and v6 powered cars may have more power and acceleration they also tend to have a very gradual power curve giving them a very smooth and not very fun to drive feeling.With cars like the wrx they have a very sporty hard suspension system making them very easy to control and you can really feel the road.You really have to have experienced it to understand.I got to drive a new sv mustang with 350hp but it didnt go as nice as a suby does.It probably went at about the same pace(except for traction,and it was in a straight line) But it just had no wow factor.You dont even feel like its accelerating in comparison.
If i was to choose a car for my material thing. I would probably go with the new porsche carrera gt.
http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/c...efault.htm
Its a head turner and its a racer.It has lots of power, weighs next to nothing, its durable (check out the Ceramic Composite Clutch), sound like a f1 car and very importantly it has status symbol apeal.Id have to say its nicer than a new shiney cresta even.
I find it hard to choose a material thing though.I love the sea but all my experience is with motor boats not sail.It would be nice to have a 120ft sail boat.However having about a 100ft motor yacht would also be nice.I could imagine having a rather nice lifestyle cruising for a while.If i was to go the way of travelling the world i would go by sail.Its much smoother and a hellova lot more peicefull.However froma stay in new zealand and do what i know sort of thing a 60ft motor would do me.That would allow plenty of game and sport fishing.but would be useless for overseas travel.I could do charters though meaning its also a source of income.AHHHHH i just dont know.
I am half trained after all as a second officer on large ships eg:cruise, container, oil
Heres a phot of a phot album with a few pics of a marlin i caught when i was 13.It was only a small 80kg stripped marlin so it was taged and released.
[Image: 10009003ra.th.jpg]
elcoholic... I'm afraid that I just can't back you up on that WRXsti as a first choice if I could have ANY car I wanted. I do love the sti and think it's one of the best deals for your dollar but we're talking about unlimited dollars here.
So I'm looking at the truly exotic choices.
McLaren F1
Ferrari Enzo
Ford GT (which is cheap compared to the first two).

Even if we brought the list under $100k I'd still pick an Audi RS6 or a Caterham Super 7 (fully tuned and assembled) or a BMW M6 or a Chevrolet Covette C5 before turning to look at an sti.

They are great cars and I love my Legacy but there are better cars to be had.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Yeah, I mean back me up that its not a cheap ass car as Anromeda said it was (anyway, she's a girl and they no nothing about cars. Although Andromeda seems to know alot about everything and she'll probably make me eat these words later on Wink ).

But ok unlimited funds. Hmm, I heard there's a concorde for sale Big Grin

As for cars, I'd pick the Ferrari F50 for a sports car. I really like those fans in the front hood sucking the car down. And a Maybach for city transportation. Big Grin

Is that ford GT the new Shelby? (I don't keep up to date on US cars to much but that new Shelby prototype rocked).
elcoholic Wrote:Yeah, I mean back me up that its not a cheap ass car as Anromeda said it was (anyway, she's a girl and they no nothing about cars. Although Andromeda seems to know alot about everything and she'll probably make me eat these words later on Wink ).

But ok unlimited funds. Hmm, I heard there's a concorde for sale Big Grin

As for cars, I'd pick the Ferrari F50 for a sports car. I really like those fans in the front hood sucking the car down. And a Maybach for city transportation. Big Grin

Is that ford GT the new Shelby? (I don't keep up to date on US cars to much but that new Shelby prototype rocked).

I didn't say it was a cheap car in a pejorative way, I meant it was a rather inexpensive thing to choose when you could choose anything. Like Zagatto said, "unlimited dollars". Hey, I would've chosen free trips around the world for the rest of my life but that's not really just one thing. And I'm not even going to say anything about girls knowing nothing about cars 'cause I'd just be wasting my saliva. :p
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Puppet Master Wrote:Yes money can buy happiness.

Temporary happiness, all things fade or change. Eventually unlimited amounts of money would not be able to bring happiness if you are that accustomed to it.

It's a matter of balancing out bad with good. If you buy $500 worth of anime on day 1 you will be fuckin insane with happiness. If you do that on day 2... it's great but not as good as the first time... Day 10 and it's getting old, where they fuck you gonna put all the anime?

Buy a mansion, fill it up. Day 20 buy another mansion but not as good as the first mansion.

My point is, the experience degrades. It's impossible for money to bring everlasting happiness.

It is true money can bring happiness, it is most definitly limited. Infact after you have experienced all the money has to offer, you may be more depressed then when you were broke. Because when you were broke you actually had something to want. While when you're rich and you have bought everything, there is nothing left to want or buy = without purpose = depression = no more desire to live.

Now the real question is, after experiencing this insurmountable high on life by spending unlimited amounts of cash, can the "normal" things that you use to do for fun... still please you?

Say you've travelled the world had sex with every type of women 100 times and explored every fetish with them, is the wife back at home still pleasurable? (medaphorically speaking, not that i would do something like this lol)
Anime Want To Buy / Sell / Trade List: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=5548
Usually people who say that money is not the road to happiness have never had to worry about money. Its is a nice thought that is doesent, but we live in such a material world. That everything from what we eat to who we date has everything to do with money.
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
balthier Wrote:Temporary happiness, all things fade or change. Eventually unlimited amounts of money would not be able to bring happiness if you are that accustomed to it.

It's a matter of balancing out bad with good. If you buy $500 worth of anime on day 1 you will be fuckin insane with happiness. If you do that on day 2... it's great but not as good as the first time... Day 10 and it's getting old, where they fuck you gonna put all the anime?

Buy a mansion, fill it up. Day 20 buy another mansion but not as good as the first mansion.

My point is, the experience degrades. It's impossible for money to bring everlasting happiness.

It is true money can bring happiness, it is most definitly limited. Infact after you have experienced all the money has to offer, you may be more depressed then when you were broke. Because when you were broke you actually had something to want. While when you're rich and you have bought everything, there is nothing left to want or buy = without purpose = depression = no more desire to live.

Now the real question is, after experiencing this insurmountable high on life by spending unlimited amounts of cash, can the "normal" things that you use to do for fun... still please you?

Say you've travelled the world had sex with every type of women 100 times and explored every fetish with them, is the wife back at home still pleasurable? (medaphorically speaking, not that i would do something like this lol)
Well, endless money would make me happy at least...

And people really have no purpose anyway.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:Well, endless money would make me happy at least...

People do have a purpose Onizuka to make money and die that's the only purpose...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
onizuka17711 Wrote:Well, endless money would make me happy at least...

First let me say that it is YOU who has no purpose. Don't assume nobody else has a good reason for existing.

Yea it'd make me happy to, but i guarantee, you wouldnt be happy until the day you died. After about 5-10 years of messing around you'd have to go to the extreme just to find entertainment. Ever heard of those billionares that go and climb mount everest and shit? (the movie "Vertical Limit" explores that type of person) Know why?

Cuz they are bored out of their fucking minds, they're money has helped them exploit every pleasure they think of the only thing left is to push them selves on the edge of life and death.

Something really funny... anyone that says money brings happiness is most likely poor, and if you're poor you have not had ENOUGH money to know whether or not it brings happiness. When you are miserable, get a paycheck, buy stuff, it's a great experience because your own misery made the money have value.

When you don't have a misery in between your paychecks it gets OLD and FAST. Depending on what you did once you got rich. If you still worked a regular job or started your own business things would balance out... if you quit working and never do anything that causes even slight stress then having money all the time will become normal to you after a while and eventually sink even lower then just normal as you exploit different pleasures.
Anime Want To Buy / Sell / Trade List: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=5548