noir...
which is better, cable or dsl? i have verizon dsl and i can't seem to break 90 k/s. i know people who have cable, and they say they can get several hundred k/s easy.
Sometimes. It's tough to say. I'm on a horrible network with a horrible pedistal. So sometimes I lose network connections. Though when it works, it's awesome. :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
I was thinking of getting dsl myself. I hear RoadRunner sux ass. And I HATE AOL so I will NOT get RoadRunner. Right now I am using NetZero Platinum. As far as the internet goes with it, it's great, but I can't play multiplay games such as Diablo and WarCraft3 :evil:
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Right now my cable is going slow. It could just be my computer.

Don't hesitate to upgrade to broadband. I would never pay money for a 56K connection again. You can't do jack $hit with a 56k connection. I don't understand people who pay 20$US a month for AOL. That's how much I pay for DSL!!!!!!!!
8O 20$ for DSL 8O :?: I thought dsl was 40$ 8O 8O Maybe I will Get DSL afterall :twisted: Although netzero doesn't cost JACK, I still want broad band. Thanx for the info :!: :twisted: :!:
I live in Canada and for some reason broadbandis very cheap up here plus I had some special government rebate that took of 10$US a month for the past two years so all I paid was around 20$US with modem rental. When the rebate expires, I'm gonna switch my dsl provider (bell is pissing me off, 5 gigs d/l cap is a pain in the ass) to another company for about the same price only I've got to buy a modem.
Oh you have rebates and stuff for dsl. I saw a commercial for earthlink last nibht and they are selling it for 21.95$ a month flat rate. 8O
I'm seriously considering it. :twisted:
I want DSL badly. This dial up crap is well.. crap. I need something faster. 8O :evil: :twisted: :x 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
I need a reach around 8O OOPS :!: I mean ....Um.... :oops:

The power of GreySkull compells you!The power of GreySkull compells you! The power of GreySkull compells you! :wink:
DSL and Cable are almost exactly the same.....

the only difference is that DSL is set at a fixed speed.... and Cable fluctuates (sp?)...... like during the busy hours of the day cable will be slow as hell.... but if you come on late late at night, then its speeds will be like DOUBLE dsl speeds......

also if you like to upload stuff..... DSL limits you to 15kb/sec..... while CABLE doesn't limit you.......

so pretty much you're best off just getting whatever is cheaper.......

though in the area i live cable seems to go down like once a week...... dsl will RARELY go down......

either way, downloading anime will still be time consuming Tongue
My local phone company offers DSL for $30 a month. Currently I am using thier basic internet connetion. 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
It ties up the phone like all hell. :mrgreen:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noir: A pointless Parody (SPOILERS) Sora 3 1,907 09-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dmr456
  What's up with Noir (FX)? BobDoleX 23 8,471 07-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Cidien
  noir fx set?? how bad is it?? casshan83 16 6,073 06-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Last Post: rarnom
  Noir Perfect Collection? dailyplanet 7 3,193 12-22-2003, 07:12 AM
Last Post: puzzleguy
  Noir dvds Cyrius 6 3,482 08-06-2003, 09:22 PM