Ebay buuuuuuuurn... on me. :(
Don't always listen to reviews. Especially the ones in newspapers for movies in the theaters...

If I ever see a movie get a C rating or lower I make a point of seeing it. It's usually a great movie. If a movie ever gets an A or A+ rating it's usually a snoozefest. =/ The people who rate movies for papers must be retarded.
I like Ebay for everything, Anime, Movies, Videogames, etc. I had only once an unwanted bootleg sent to me, a Gameboy Advance game. This Hong Kong transaction sounded excellent everybody was buying from him games and writing great feedback. So I ordered Golden Sun the first game New & Sealed. When I received it the box was a glossy non-nintendo kind of a print. The instructions were scan & printed and it weren't even complete. There wasn't the usual Nintendo flyers. The game started differently When I first played it said Nintedo and then put you in the game without putting you first on the menu. And the biggest screw up was that the cartridge said "NINTONDO". I was a newbie by that time. Since then I have never trusted Hong Kong sellers. I like HK Anime but not video games, I collect them I'm very picky with the quality. And when I buy HK anime from Ebay I usually buy them from US sellers. I wish this was the first and last bad experience with crappy bootlegs.
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
Yeah i got a bootleg GBA Advance game and the instructions were just a review of the game. ¬_¬ They might as well have copied the real ones.
Vicious Wrote:It's a crime to put McNabb in the same sentence as Rice and Marino.

Big Grin

The reason why I heard of MacNabb is that I read it on a newpaper national section where Rush Limbaugh said MacNabb was overated and gets praises because he was a black.

I remember Rice's name because one time, I heard TV announcer saying San Francisco is serving a healthy portion of rice to cornermen. I thought that was funny.

I have no idea where I heard of Marino.
Dan marino of the Dolphins, one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Football fan or not everyone U.S. or Canada should know his name.
r00ster Wrote:Just an update on my ebay burn... after I got almost a dozen other buyers filing paypal and ebay claims against the problem seller, and having them all send notices to ADV, Geneon/Pioneer, and Bandai's anti-piracy centers, the seller offered to refund my money if I rejected his parcel, and got it on its way back to him. Basically, anything to stop me from ruining all of his current auctions...

I taped the parcel back up, and returned it to sender... so today, he sent me my refund in full, including shipping.

I considered not removing his feedback.. but thought I'd done enough against him with all the Paypal and Ebay claims going on his records.. so I tried removing the neg. feedback. Unfortunately for him, I got this error:

"The request cannot be completed as the other party in this transaction is no longer a registered user."

Oopsies.

Japschin Wrote:Eh....Thought you said he's no longer a registered user? He's still selling on Ebay though. I just saw his auctions. The only difference now is that he has 'private' feedbacks.

Yeah, Japschin is right; Hardworker007 is back. All he did was make his feedback "private." Unfortunately, it doesn't even look that bad, because he only shows two negatives.

Here is one of his current auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...eName=WDVW

As unscrupulous as eBay is, I think eBay will hurl someone out on his ear if it gets complaints he is selling bootlegs.

I wouldn't remove his negative feedback. Otherwise, other people will fall victim to him as well ... if his feedback ever sees the light of day again.

Oh, and thanks for the good word on Manga Depot.

My experiences on eBay have been mixed, but mostly bad. I avoid eBay unless I can't find what I am looking for at a certain price point elsewhere. I ask a lot of questions prior to bidding. Most sellers won't respond to a barrage of well-informed questions (that they conveniently forget to cover in their auction information), so that weeds out a number of bad ones, but not all. As a rule, I get the best service when I find a seller willling to answer my questions in detail. Still, that doesn't stop all bad experiences.
As mentioned before, I had a missing package which the DC # showed delivered. The seller is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!. He drove all the way down to my workplace today and replace the missing bag.
This is actually the first time I've ever encountered such a good seller. He's taking a loss but he told me that he understood that I couldn't control the postman delivering the package to the wrong house or somebody stealing the package. (My postman had actually confirmed that he did deliver 2 packages to next door and the house opposite mine---->remembered well coz they hardly get anything apart from letters in the mail).
I did go ask my neighbor, the one next door showed me the box for the package. As for the house opposite, they just said, "NO!" and slammed the door shut. I suspect that it's more likely to be them who kept the wrongly delivered parcel. They are a young couple in the early 30s and I believe that they know how much that bag actually cost. *shrug* Sooner or later, I'll see the bag on her shoulder...

But AWESOME SELLER!
Just like how there's good people out there in the world (that seller) there are nasty ones too. I would be so pissed if I saw she had my bag. I'd probably rip it out of her arm.
Awesome seller! Crappy neighbor! Make sure and post here when you catch her with the bag on her shoulder. Big Grin
Heh...I'd rather not ever seeing that bag again than seeing it on her. I'll be spitting at her. :p

Heh...but I'll definitely be buying more stuffs from that seller. Pretty expensive stuffs but what da heck! He's Fabulous! One good turn definitely deserves another. Big Grin
Japschin Wrote:Heh...I'd rather not ever seeing that bag again than seeing it on her. I'll be spitting at her. :p

Heh...but I'll definitely be buying more stuffs from that seller. Pretty expensive stuffs but what da heck! He's Fabulous! One good turn definitely deserves another. Big Grin
If only more sellers understood that's how it worked... too many sellers out to only make a sale to a person one time ever. Not enough sellers tryin' to build repeat buyers/bidders. Tongue
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
PS... found another great anime seller within Canada. Corganite:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQ...propertyZ1
Got the 8DVD Gasaraki box set off of her for $30USD. Can't really beat that price, and she shipped very quickly, and has really good customer service. Her selection rotates, but isn't that broad... but if she does happen to have something you want, you're going to get a good deal.

r00ster Wrote:If only more sellers understood that's how it worked... too many sellers out to only make a sale to a person one time ever. Not enough sellers tryin' to build repeat buyers/bidders. Tongue

Yup, they didn't realise that by providing good CS, they are getting repeated customers. Maybe some of them only want to get as much feedback as possible since repeated customers' feedbacks do not increase the feedback counts.

I just read that awesome seller's new feedbacks. 8 of the feedbacks were from a repeated customer in Korea. The buyer's purchase of $400 was lost in transit but the seller sent another one to replace it for him out of his own pocket. The buyer is so happy with the seller that he/she made 8 more purchases totalling up to abt $2000.
That's what I call a happy customer and good business practice. :p Wink
holy moly if only you gave us a link
Japschin Wrote:Yup, they didn't realise that by providing good CS, they are getting repeated customers. Maybe some of them only want to get as much feedback as possible since repeated customers' feedbacks do not increase the feedback counts.

I just read that awesome seller's new feedbacks. 8 of the feedbacks were from a repeated customer in Korea. The buyer's purchase of $400 was lost in transit but the seller sent another one to replace it for him out of his own pocket. The buyer is so happy with the seller that he/she made 8 more purchases totalling up to abt $2000.
That's what I call a happy customer and good business practice. :p Wink
That's awesome. You'd think that kind of business sense would come naturally to most people... but that's giving a lot of credit to the rest of the Ebay populace, I suppose. Wink Personally, I thought of it as a big milestone when I had my first repeat buyer/bidder show up...

You should definitely link us to that buyer, as word of mouth is always a nice way to repay good customer service. Wink ...or bad customer service. ...but your story is definitely an example of "over and above" good service.