Ebay buuuuuuuurn... on me. :(
Well i got a bootleg scary movie 3 dvd from ebay recently. The seller i believe did not even know. Just shows you that even pros like us can get burned.

Especially when making large purchases you need to be careful and read all the protection policies. I remmy getting burned loads in the old days when paypal did bugger all.

And if you see deals which are really good, don't go crazy and order loads at once. Try one set first and go back if they are good.

I wouldn't stop buying on ebay though due to so many things i can only get there and alot of bargains i have gotten, just more cautious.
Of my experience over the years with E-Bay is I will not buy any Audio or video items from the E-Bay site. You can't file a fraud claim against international sellers if you get ripped off. I am not saying E-Bay is all bad, I have had good luck on some transactions. But it has been rather hit and miss at times.
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Just so I can counter my bad experience with a good one... I recently ordered a bunch of DVDs from another Canadian Seller, who has been phenomenal. They found that two of the DVDs were loose in their cases, so they ordered new ones for me, to ship out next week free of charge... and to make up for it, they included copies of Neon Genesis Eva Platinum Vol 2, and Kiddy Grade Vol. 6 (since I had ordered Eva 1, and Kiddy Grade 1-5 from them).

In all honesty, I've had more experiences with sellers going above and beyond like that, than I have had bad experiences as with my current bootleg dilemna.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Hey i'll take an eva vol. 2 also please. =P Heheh.
rooster you should tell us who that is sounds like an excellent E-Bay seller. Good trusted E-Bay sellers are hard to come by and I am sure letting the seller know who recomended us to them might be good for you also if you buy from that seller again
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Mantis421 Wrote:rooster you should tell us who that is sounds like an excellent E-Bay seller. Good trusted E-Bay sellers are hard to come by and I am sure letting the seller know who recomended us to them might be good for you also if you buy from that seller again
Oh yeah... sorry.. Kind of pointless making a plug like that, and then not even listing the seller. The ebay id is MangaDepot, and the ebay store can be found at http://stores.ebay.com/MANGA-DEPOT

Can't recommend them enough, even just on customer service alone.

Just an update on my ebay burn... after I got almost a dozen other buyers filing paypal and ebay claims against the problem seller, and having them all send notices to ADV, Geneon/Pioneer, and Bandai's anti-piracy centers, the seller offered to refund my money if I rejected his parcel, and got it on its way back to him. Basically, anything to stop me from ruining all of his current auctions...

I taped the parcel back up, and returned it to sender... so today, he sent me my refund in full, including shipping.

I considered not removing his feedback.. but thought I'd done enough against him with all the Paypal and Ebay claims going on his records.. so I tried removing the neg. feedback. Unfortunately for him, I got this error:

"The request cannot be completed as the other party in this transaction is no longer a registered user."

Oopsies.

Haha, looks like you already got him banned. =P
"No longer a registered user" could mean:
1) Ban
2) Suspension, after a month, the ebayer could just send an email to CS and ask for the ID back. Most of the times, they won't. They will just register another account with a different email address and credit card.
3) Ebayer asked to close his account.

But rooster, you are lucky that you got your money back. The seller could simply ignore you. Doesn't matter if there are negative feedbacks or not, he/she could just set up another account anytime.
Japschin Wrote:"No longer a registered user" could mean:
1) Ban
2) Suspension, after a month, the ebayer could just send an email to CS and ask for the ID back. Most of the times, they won't. They will just register another account with a different email address and credit card.
3) Ebayer asked to close his account.

But rooster, you are lucky that you got your money back. The seller could simply ignore you. Doesn't matter if there are negative feedbacks or not, he/she could just set up another account anytime.

Yeah, I definitely know that I was lucky... I think he knew that I wouldn't stop harrassing him in every way possible until I got my money back. I also think I lucked out with him sending the refund right before he got canned/suspended. If he had been suspended first, then he wouldn't have been as likely to send the refund.

r00ster Wrote:Yeah, I definitely know that I was lucky... I think he knew that I wouldn't stop harrassing him in every way possible until I got my money back. I also think I lucked out with him sending the refund right before he got canned/suspended. If he had been suspended first, then he wouldn't have been as likely to send the refund.

It wouldn't have really mattered if you continued to 'harass' him at this point or not. You already got him enough negative feedbacks to hurt his credibility. Like Japschin said, he could ahve just closed that account and started a new one, and you wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.
I'm persistent... I was prepared for that possibility, and I would have just watched for any new Canadian sellers auctioning those items. Wink

Vicious Wrote:It wouldn't have really mattered if you continued to 'harass' him at this point or not. You already got him enough negative feedbacks to hurt his credibility. Like Japschin said, he could ahve just closed that account and started a new one, and you wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.

I'm sure you would have, but you would have no proof. And in the end, if you have no proof that that is him, he could have sued you for slander.
r00ster Wrote:Yeah, I definitely know that I was lucky... I think he knew that I wouldn't stop harrassing him in every way possible until I got my money back. I also think I lucked out with him sending the refund right before he got canned/suspended. If he had been suspended first, then he wouldn't have been as likely to send the refund.
Yes, you were quite lucky. Same thing sort of happened with my X (TV) box set and movie (which, by the way was horrible, so don't buy it; the movie that is, the series was great Wink ). The guy had not been on Ebay for about four months when I finally got it. I can't believe that he actually sent it to me. Must be he finally got tired of deleting my emails.... Big Grin . By the way, he's back now, so be wary of hobbycube. That's great that that worked out for you with the refund. Sometimes if you just bother them long enough, they come through.
Here's another positive story about how there are some excellent sellers on Ebay. This is an email I received from a seller after winning and paying for my item:

"Sir,

Thanks for the quick payment but I have some bad news for you and I. When I was taking the jersey you won out of it protective plastic to refold it to ship it to you, I discovered that it had a huge tear in it and it is not suitable for sale. This is the first time I have had this problem. In the future I will inspect the jerseys first before I enter them on Ebay for auction. Otherwise I will refund your money. I already left you positive feedback.

If you would like I will send you (2) Authentic Mitchell & Ness 49ers' Joe Montana (white & red - size 48) jerseys instead of the Authentic Mitchell & Ness 49ers' Ronnie Lott (red - size 48).

I will also actively try to find the original jersey I supposed to sell you and get back with you if I do.

Sorry for the problem and I will insure that it doesn't happen again."

Eventually, we agreed on him giving me 1 jersey for half the amount I paid for the other one and him refunding me the other half. I already received the refund through Paypal. Now I just have to wait for the package. That is excellent customer service and going above and beyond what he had to do IMO.