Ebay buuuuuuuurn... on me. :(
Japschin Wrote:I know which seller you are referring to. Whenever a deal seems too good to be true, I will email the seller, asking him specifically whether the DVDs are original R1s, imports or DVD-Rs.
I did message him asking about the Final Fantasy Unlimited DVDs, he told me truthfully, they are imports.
*shrug*

Canada seller again huh? That's why 99% of the time, I will never buy from Canadian sellers on Ebay if they have really low feedbacks. Why? Coz, years ago, this freaking Canadian seller sold me couple of sets of anime dvds for almost $500. Assured me they were legitimate R1s. Bloody hell, when they came, all were dvd-rs. No way to contact her at all, fake address, fake phone number. Ebay and Paypal won't help COZ I DID RECEIVE THE FREAKING ANIME SETS! Had to file a dispute with my CC company to get my money back.

EDIT: He has a couple of Ebay seller ids. As long as it's a deal too good to be true, from Canada with low feedbacks (less than 100), just stay away.
Definitely something I'll be keeping in mind, from now on. Tongue

EDIT: I think the angle I'm going to play with Paypal and Ebay, if they won't cover me based on the fact that they're Bootlegs, is that the items I got were mis-represented in the auction images. The images clearly display the copyrighted, license holders for the anime series (ADV, Geneon, etc...), however, these are clearly imported/pirated items. Maybe they can justify it through that avenue... as I know both Paypal and Ebay have protection policies for Items not-as-described/misrepresented.

Guess we'll see. I've also rallied 5 other buyers who were swindled to file the same claims against him.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
ebay suck man most people i know just get screwed off of ebay thats why i dont buy enny thing off of ebay
r00ster Wrote:The images clearly display the copyrighted, license holders for the anime series (ADV, Geneon, etc...), however, these are clearly imported/pirated items. Maybe they can justify it through that avenue... as I know both Paypal and Ebay have protection policies for Items not-as-described/misrepresented.

They could care less about that stuff as long as they're getting their cut.
Vicious Wrote:They could care less about that stuff as long as they're getting their cut.
Well... worst case, I know where the guy lives. Wink

r00ster Wrote:they're Bootlegs, is that the items I got were mis-represented in the auction images.

In case you didn't know it, Paypal and Ebay do not cover mis-represented items. I had a couple of minor incidents whereby the sellers sold me demo dvds instead of the 'original retail dvds' stated in the auctions. After I filed the claims, Paypal sent me an email saying that they do not cover mis-represented items, this is one of the conditions/terms you have to read among thousands of others when you first signed up. Paypal simply said that they will put this incident in the record history of the sellers.

I was bidding on several auctions and I have users emailing me telling me that the sellers were selling DVD-Rs and bootlegs and they told me that Paypal and Ebay did not bother to recover their money since they were cases of mis-interpretations. I just retracted my bids on those suspicious auctions. Hehe...got banned by some sellers for the retractions too. But who cares? I don't want to waste my money. :p Wink

Thought this is something you should know.
Best way is to call the CC company, if you paid through CC or your bank. However, you have to prove to both institutions that you've sent back the sets you've bought. I sent mine back via UPS to that dishonest Canadian seller, only to have it sent back to me since that address did not exist. Had to pay for the shipping back to me too. However, the CC company accepted my explanation that it was a fake address coz I have tracking # with UPS and they credited me back the full amount.
I'll talk to my financial institution about it tomorrow... and see what they can do about it. It was paid for via a Paypal instant transfer, not a credit card, so I'm not sure if I'm covered against internet fraud that way...

Can't hurt to ask, anyways.

Not sure about Canadian financial institutions but in USA, you HAVE to prove to them that you did send the merchandise back before they will get the money back for you. Get a tracking number which you could track online.

Talk about tracking numbers. BLLLLOOOOODDDDYYYYY HELLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! I had been waiting for a package from a seller who's only 1 hour drive away from my house. Been a week since I paid up. He finally emailed me back with the USPS DC# this morning. MANNNNNNNNNNN it showed that it was delivered on September 23rd, 1:47pm to CA 91750. WTF!!!!! I was home whole day that day till 6pm. Got back from school at 1:20pm. UPS delivered a package to me at 2:15pm. I didn't even see or have a package left at the door for me from USPS. Called USPS, they said no package there. Didn't know what happened to the package.

Paid $200 for that freaking item, wanted insurance but seller said there's no need. FOOK! Called Paypal, said can't help since the DC# said delivered to the zip code. :mad: Sad

Geez, I lived here for almost 4 years, first time I've ever had a missing package. Had 3 big boxes left outside the door yesterday and I got them safe and sound.
I think we should just all go back to living in caves and banging rocks together for fire... seriously. Things would be so much simpler.

We should go back to the days when you can't buy anything online. :p Big Grin You have to be at a physical store to buy the goods...........
onizuka17711 Wrote:Yeah, you get burned every so often, but I don't mind too much considering how much I usually save. Bit off topic, but anyone know if Gluhen is any good? I loved WeiB and am thinking of buying Gluhen off EBAY since no English HK imports are out....

Yes, it is good... Ending is well... I shall refrain from saying... laugh... CJV has the MAC set it is on sale right now... thinking of picking it up myself, I have one disk that is HK and one disk that is fansub... would prefer them to both be the same... and the cover will match the TV series I already have...

I don't mind buying dvdr's from Ebay if I know that is what they are... like a couple of things I bought that were only released on VHS... like Sea Prince and Fire Child or Unico... but don't lie and say they are an official release when there is no such thing!! And when you question the seller about it, and they say they don't know if it's a DVDR... yeah right, how much intelligence does it take to look at the bottom of the disk and see if it is a blue-purple color and they don't respond to that? Yeah, it's a dvdr... Oh speaking of which... there are a couple of sellers selling the "complete" Reboot series... as originals... Nope don't think so... all you have to do is check their feedback... anyway... enough about Ebay... laugh
Yeah, sometimes sellers are stupid enough to give themself away by the answers they provide. Like I've been looking for a few authentic football jerseys. This one Ebayer said to email them for a different size. So I ask them if they can get me a size 48 and they're like 'so and so company doesn't make anything smaller than a size 52', which I know is a blatant lie since I went to the manufacturers official site to see what they offer. So that automatically tells me that this seller is not trustworthy at all. No sale for them.
I got screwed once, after that no more ebay for me. Ordered a digital camcorder and it came to me with nothing but the cam. Also the cam didn't even worked. I tried to email him about it, but he never return a message back. Alot of poeples tell me ebay is great, so i guess i just got the bad end of the stick.
Well... I now have 7 other buyers filing the same claims as I am, and following the same process of contacting the licensed distributors. ...and that's just from contacting as many of them as I could until Ebay said no more messages to members for today. I'll contact the other half at midnight.

I don't have much hope of getting anywhere with the claims systems... but I hope I can at least get the guy's various accounts terminated, and maybe Paypal will freeze his funds or something like that.

You never know... maybe getting 20 people filing claims will make a difference. Hahaha. Yeah right.

Anyways... I also decided to try calling the guy, so I could yell at him if nothing else... but to my complete surprise.. *cough* he didn't answer the phone. Weird.

Dude, thanks so much for the info. Sorry you got burned. I actually have a couple of his scryed sets on my watched list as I debated buying one if I got the funds for it.

I've never been burned on ebay. Every time i've gotten a bootleg it's been because I intentionally bid on one. Gotten quite a few great deals on ebay. Hellsing box set for $60. Cowboy bebop 1-6 + movie (which I already had) for $61. King of Bandit Jing $25. GTO $81. + lots more.

On a side note I brought the Cowboy Bebop movie (factory sealed still) into our take 2 video outlet to sell it and there were two new people i've never seen working. They looked at it and handed it back they me. "We don't want this" they say to me. I looked at them funny as various obscenities are running through my head. "We don't buy new dvd's" they say next. Next thing that runs through my head is "You two are fucking retarded" followed by "I could open the damn dvd for you morons". Instead I asked when the manager was working next and walked out. She usually give me good trades and I know she isn't going to turn away a sealed copy of the Cowboy Bebop movie - she isn't that stupid.

She obviously doesn't know what a bootleg is though because I found a copy of JoJo's Bizzare adventure vol2 in their anime section and had to bring it to her attention lol. Gave her a quick lesson on how to spot bootlegs. Don't want my favorite outlet store to get ripped off ya know. =P So ya, she gave it to me for free lol. Wonder if it's any good, wish it was volume one so I could at least start it and see.
Overall it sounds like there have been a few bad purchases from Ebay vs. many good purchases from Ebay.

Personally, I like having Ebay around for all the cool toys I can get. Never been burned on a toy. Just check out http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...02448&rd=1 and you can see what a quality post looks like (and a cool item that I wish I had the cash for).

Personally, I'm even more cautious with collectables or REALLY GOOD DEALS that I come across. Usually if it seems too good to be true then it is mostly a rip off. I'm sure there are a few genuine bargains out there but they are a minority when compared to people disguising the fact that they are selling bootlegs. Know your seller.

Cidien, JoJo is a fun series. You can watch Vol 2 and not miss too much. It's one of the more creative fighting anime titles I've seen. You're mostly watching it for the cool fight scenes rather than a strong plot.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.