Ebay buuuuuuuurn... on me. :(
Montana jersey for a half price of Lonnie Lott's? That sounds like a very good deal because I heard of Montana, but I have no idea who Lonnie Lott is. Montana must be the more famous player.
beboprules Wrote:Montana jersey for a half price of Lonnie Lott's? That sounds like a very good deal because I heard of Montana, but I have no idea who Lonnie Lott is. Montana must be the more famous player.

Where do you live? If you know anything about football, you'd know who Ronnie Lott is since he's the greatest Safety to ever play the game. But Montana was the greatest QB to ever play, and QB is the highest profile position, so he is more famous than Lott.

But that's also why the Lott jersey runs for more on Ebay. Because there are alot more Montana jerseys floating around than Lott's.
In US, but I don't follow sports that much. I heard of McNabb, Rice, Marino and so on, but that's about it.
It's a crime to put McNabb in the same sentence as Rice and Marino. I'm assuming you live somewhere near Philly if you've heard of him but not alot of others.
Vicious Wrote:It's a crime to put McNabb in the same sentence as Rice and Marino. I'm assuming you live somewhere near Philly if you've heard of him but not alot of others.
I agree with you on that one, Vicious, but I know at least where I live you do , hear quite a bit about McNabb so I can see where beboprules is coming from and I don't live anywhere near Philly. If you don't know football, but see a lot about a player, you might think that they are good. Unrelated, but I was interested in your opinion on Rice, Vicious. Maybe it's just me, but I think it is time for him to retire. He can still contribute, but he has lost much of the game he once had from his "glory" days with San Francisco. Don't get me wrong, he used to be my favorite player and I still really like him, but it is always so hard to watch a player wind down their career, especially a future HOFer like him that went from amazing to now just average. It is like it's just his shell left. What do you think?
It's obvious from watching games this year that he stayed around one year too long. When you're the fourth option on your team behind people like Doug Gabriel and Ronald Curry, it's time to retire.

It was actually hard for me to watch him for the last 2-3 years. He might have put up decent numbers, but those were not Rice numbers. He's been a mere shell of his former self for a while now. And until this year, that was still good enough to start in the NFL.
I am sort of surprised that I know some of this football stuff. Normally, I sort of follow football but mainly stick with hockey. However, this year, because of the greedy bastards that caused the strike, I have started following football more intently. So, Vicious, know much about hockey Big Grin ?
onizuka17711 Wrote:So, Vicious, know much about hockey Big Grin ?

I know about #99 and not much else. I don't watch or follow hockey. I could name some of the bigger stars but couldn't tell you who they play for or anything like that. My brother just got into it and just joined his schools hockey team. He keeps trying to get me into hockey, but it's not gonna work.

Since you watch hockey, you can answer something for me. Which sport do you think is more violent, Hockey or Football. I keep telling my brother that there is no way hockey is as violent as football. In football, you have 300 lb. men running into each other as hard as they can trying to knock the other person out.
Eh....Thought you said he's no longer a registered user? He's still selling on Ebay though. I just saw his auctions. The only difference now is that he has 'private' feedbacks.
Vicious Wrote:I know about #99 and not much else. I don't watch or follow hockey. I could name some of the bigger stars but couldn't tell you who they play for or anything like that. My brother just got into it and just joined his schools hockey team. He keeps trying to get me into hockey, but it's not gonna work.

Since you watch hockey, you can answer something for me. Which sport do you think is more violent, Hockey or Football. I keep telling my brother that there is no way hockey is as violent as football. In football, you have 300 lb. men running into each other as hard as they can trying to knock the other person out.
Well, I guess I am going to have to contradict you on that one. Hockey is much more violent than football. I've got season tickets to an NHL farmteam. Put simply, they and their main rivals, Syracuse, hate each other. Last year, in one game there was like 9 fights. And not just pussy fights, either. They were really pounding the hell out of each other. There are usually about 2 players on each team whose sole purpose is to fight, and nothing else. If you even just tap the goalie in the wrong way, than you instantly have the whole other team all over you. Now just tell me that you see those kinds of things in football. Go to a minor league game and you will know exactly what I mean, as the NHL doesn't really give you an accurate picture of the violance.
For a better picture, rent the movie Slapshot (not Slapshot 2). Even if you hate hockey, it will still entertain you, at least. There is tons of violance and is pretty funny, too. Just out of curiosity, though, what's your brother's favorite team?
Have you watched some of the hits in the NFL? They are way more vicious than anything you will see in the NHL. You see guys heads getting snapped back due to the impact all the time.

In the NHL, when they have fights, at least they do it honorably. In the NFL, you'll ahve guys at the bottom of a pile biting others fingers or punching them in the balls or twisting their ankles. Football is much more violent. There is a reason football players get injured so much more often than NHL players.

Actually, I never asked him what his favorite team is. I think he might like whatever team has Igunla though.
I like football more and used to play, but I have to agree that hockey is more violent. Football may be more violent if you only look at official time played, but those hockey fights get MUCH worse than any biting, grabbing and twisting that may be going on in a doggy pile. And I know how bad that can get... lol.
Quote:Have you watched some of the hits in the NFL? They are way more vicious than anything you will see in the NHL.

Though of course, it'll be awhile before you can see an NHL game to compare, thanks to the lockout.

Quote: For a better picture, rent the movie Slapshot (not Slapshot 2). Even if you hate hockey, it will still entertain you, at least. There is tons of violance and is pretty funny, too.

Slapshot is one of my favorite movies, especially the violence, which, in my opinion, is the best part of a hockey game.

I've never seen Slapshot 2, with Charlie Sheen (?) instead of Paul Newman -- what was wrong with that film?
rugrats1 Wrote:Slapshot is one of my favorite movies, especially the violence, which, in my opinion, is the best part of a hockey game.

you, sir, are what is wrong with hockey fans.
kakomu Wrote:you, sir, are what is wrong with hockey fans.
Hey, nothing wrong with liking a lot of violence in sports Big Grin . As for Slapshot 2, I woundn't watch that if I were you. It got horrible reviews, and although I loved the first one, I have no intention of seeing seqeul. It sounds like it sort of ruined things. Back on the subject of which sport is more violent, I completely agree with Cidien. At least in football, you don't have to worry about someone attacking everything in sight with their stick, and I've seen it. The guy snapped just because he got a penelty. In hockey, there are all out brawls where the whole team is involved, even the goalie (which I might add is mad hard because of all those pads; I play goal :p ).

Attached Files
.bmp   untitled.bmp (Size: 146.93 KB / Downloads: 1)
.gif   img39.gif (Size: 22.66 KB / Downloads: 6)
.jpg   vlad1.jpg (Size: 13.13 KB / Downloads: 5)