School
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Lutheran huh? Still I think irs better than mine. My school is Baptist for crying out loud. As

if that isn't bad enough its mostly run by Southern Baptists. Ohh the horror.

Ewww, that's almost as bad as going to Catholic school. My mom went to Catholic school when she was younger. She got beat on the hands with a ruler - hard - simply because she held her pencil wrong. Of course, Catholic schools are a little more relaxes nowadays, but I know a lotta people that went to them up here and they HATE it. They have really retarded uniforms too, lol.
Cidien Wrote:Ewww, that's almost as bad as going to Catholic school. My mom went to Catholic school when she was younger. She got beat on the hands with a ruler - hard - simply because she held her pencil wrong. Of course, Catholic schools are a little more relaxes nowadays, but I know a lotta people that went to them up here and they HATE it. They have really retarded uniforms too, lol.

See theres a bright side to everything. At least we don't have to wear uniforms. However,

I'll probably never grt to party as that isn't allowed here neither is dancing. Almost

everything that is fun isn't allowed here. Anytime you feel like quitting school, come back,

read this and be glad you aren't in my situation. LOL
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Cidien Wrote:Havn't been keeping up with this thread for a long time, and it's my thread! lol

Anyways, looks like i'm gonna quit college. Everything I was interested in turned out to be an extremely boring snoozefest. That and I hate college classes. Out of about 15 classes i've taken 3 were useful. And i've only taken two generals....

Gonna go to tech school and learn networking and crap. Will make just a little less than what I was interested in previously and will be taking classes that are actually useful and pertain to what I want to learn.

What were you previously intrested in?
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:See theres a bright side to everything. At least we don't have to wear uniforms. However,

I'll probably never grt to party as that isn't allowed here neither is dancing. Almost

everything that is fun isn't allowed here. Anytime you feel like quitting school, come back,

Ya, I knew you guys wern't allowed to have dances. That's so retarded lol. Even Catholics get to dance. My school was fairly lax. A bunch of middle school parents bitched and moaned that we were dancing too close and "sexually" (there were like two people "grinding" and they quit as soon as they were told to stop) so the high school parents basically told them to shut up and banned the middle school kids from coming to dances, lol.
Previously I was interested in Psychology, Criminal Justice and most recently being a Police Officer. While I would love to be a police officer, that job is pretty damn boring and when it's not you're usually doing something you'd rather not do, lol.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Lrt me ask you this though. Does your school consider parties and dances wrong and

totally sinful therefore not allowing you to have them? That is what sucks about mine. If

your school is secular it may be small but its still better than mine.

I'll answer this question in his place. Well, it turns it head on a lot of stuff. Lots of conversations about weekend parties ignored even when loud mouths are bragging how many beers they bonged last weekend. Rather than preaching to us not to go out and party they tell us to be careful. And even though it's unofficial, our school endorses contraception over abstinence, at least on the teacher/student level. Dances are very formal or not at all. The most horrible thing about our school is the underlying politics and struggles for power. There are times were I swear everyone in the whole damn school would hate everyone else; fucking loony at times. It was very traditional and I?m glad I got out while I did because the hammer was coming down on freedom of expression.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:See theres a bright side to everything. At least we don't have to wear uniforms. However,

First let me say your school sucks more than any school I've ever heard about in the western world. No partying??? WTF. Partying and having fun with your friends is a big part of growing up. It almost pisses me of that good people like you have to go through this shit. Do people who graduate stay in the region to work or live at all? I would imagine everyone would move away from there as soon as they can leaving a city of senior citizens.
elcoholic Wrote:First let me say your school sucks more than any school I've ever heard about in the western world. No partying??? WTF. Partying and having fun with your friends is a big part of growing up. It almost pisses me of that good people like you have to go through this shit. Do people who graduate stay in the region to work or live at all? I would imagine everyone would move away from there as soon as they can leaving a city of senior citizens.

No kidding. I know of a few times where I might have snapped if I couldn't go get drunk on weekends. Not saying that's the only way to party, but it?s that way around here. I don't dance but if we couldn't dance around here I would've wanted to. It is pretty boring around here but when some one would throw the bible at us for playing loud music with tons of swearing or just about anything fun for that matter, we would throw it right back. All my relatives in Oklahoma have it worse. They still have book burnings and shit. I mean WTF this is the millennia of 2000. When I was in eighth grade my family took a trip to see them and while I was at my aunt?s house one of my cousins friends came over. He saw my Magic cards and asked what they were then grabbed my deck and ran off with it and tried to flame it. I promptly kicked his ass, but his bible thumping SOB mom came after me with a switch and I had to hide till my parents got back from lunch with my Aunt and Uncle. It got ugly after that? Anyway fight the power Ryo of Inferno fight the power!
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Cidien Wrote:Previously I was interested in Psychology, Criminal Justice and most recently being a Police Officer. While I would love to be a police officer, that job is pretty damn boring and when it's not you're usually doing something you'd rather not do, lol.

think for a police officer you gotta be rather neutral towards politics and religion...well be able to pertray yourself as and keep your opinions as... your opinions

to be a GOOD one!!!
so that may be hard for you :p

hmmmmm go into politis or religiuos education...coz then maybe you might have better legs to satnd on when you start your threads Wink
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Blight Wrote:I'll answer this question in his place. Well, it turns it head on a lot of stuff. Lots of conversations about weekend parties ignored even when loud mouths are bragging how many beers they bonged last weekend. Rather than preaching to us not to go out and party they tell us to be careful. And even though it's unofficial, our school endorses contraception over abstinence, at least on the teacher/student level. Dances are very formal or not at all. The most horrible thing about our school is the underlying politics and struggles for power. There are times were I swear everyone in the whole damn school would hate everyone else; fucking loony at times. It was very traditional and I?m glad I got out while I did because the hammer was coming down on freedom of expression.

Yes the hammer did come down. He got out but I haven't yet. Lucky Bastard. We have a fairly strict dress code enforced and they try to get involved in your personnel life way too much. The school thinks they have control but they don't. I know a lot of people that are smart as hell and they still go out and party and do other stuff. The school might have an idea of what goes on but either they don't know everything or they just don't care. I even know some unnamed teachers that join in on are festivities and even are suppliers. Hey that is just one of the many joys of living in a small town with a bunch of REDNECKS. Sorry to all rednecks on the message boards if that offends you
Blight Wrote:No kidding. I know of a few times where I might have snapped if I couldn't go get drunk on weekends. Not saying that's the only way to party, but it?s that way around here. I don't dance but if we couldn't dance around here I would've wanted to. It is pretty boring around here but when some one would throw the bible at us for playing loud music with tons of swearing or just about anything fun for that matter, we would throw it right back. All my relatives in Oklahoma have it worse. They still have book burnings and shit. I mean WTF this is the millennia of 2000. When I was in eighth grade my family took a trip to see them and while I was at my aunt?s house one of my cousins friends came over. He saw my Magic cards and asked what they were then grabbed my deck and ran off with it and tried to flame it. I promptly kicked his ass, but his bible thumping SOB mom came after me with a switch and I had to hide till my parents got back from lunch with my Aunt and Uncle. It got ugly after that? Anyway fight the power Ryo of Inferno fight the power!

Thanks, I'm trying to but when what you believe is in the monority and there are probably

only three other people that believe as you do. You are basically screwed.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Thanks, I'm trying to but when what you believe is in the monority and there are probably

only three other people that believe as you do. You are basically screwed.

But do people stay there after graduation or is it just a city of students and old people because everyone young moved away because it's so strict?
elcoholic Wrote:But do people stay there after graduation or is it just a city of students and old people because everyone young moved away because it's so strict?

I'm sorry to say this but most people stay after graduation as they view this school as

right. Therfore to them it is not strict at all. If you have ever read George Orwell's book

1984, I believe it is similar to that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New years eve and back to work and or school odin0425 5 3,335 01-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Ngckld
  Back to school! -_- Batz Kage 27 8,461 09-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Elcoholic
  Ole school cartoons Tripp 108 33,551 03-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Last Post: rav96
  Old School Rap Ryo of Inferno 19 6,442 11-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Kroova
  Wow, there was almost a school shooting/stabbing today Batz Kage 66 21,866 11-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Batz Kage
  Haha ! An Iraq Exile taking a U.S. peace activist to school! Atomic Orgasm 12 4,599 03-23-2003, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Vicious
  Looking for a Japanese school uniform Vinny 41 12,901 02-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Steve_the_Talking_Pie