School
Vicious Wrote:There is only one type of 'one-on-one consultation' I can think of where you'd be earning $150 an hour. But at least your pimp . . . err employer is generous and allowing you to keep 80%. :eek:

You wouldn't believe how much people will dish out when it comes to their health.

Nina: Actually, I'll be a "wellness consult." The owner of the business deals with the internal body with vitamins, herbs and stuff like that. I'll be dealing with the outer body with things like the skin, hair, nails etc.; I'll be showing them how to get rid of normal skin problems. Actually, the owner said that for the first month to tone it down to $150. So people pay alot more than that at other places.
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
Geez, I'm military...and I'm trying to go back to school. I've started myself off with a simple Writing course, to get myself back into the school thing. If I didn't have my husband to watch my daughter, than I'd really be screwed.

I would spend my life learning if I could.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Wow Ladysilverice, lucky you! That jobs sounds financially rewarding and you even get to help people. I'm in IT and I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would be. It's my first full time job out of college and I feel like I'm being used as a robot. Well maybe it will get better once I get into my projects but it's already my fourth week and I haven't had a real project yet. I've just been helping out some of the other employees. Everyone also think I'm the vice president's secretary because I look so young and he put me in the cube across his office. This morning I was thinking about being a teacher. I've always wanted to teach 3rd or 4th graders. I live in a ghetto neighborhood and want to teach public school in my area.. try to help the little kids and maybe I'll prevent someone from becoming a gangster.

Ka-Talliya, it is tough going back to school, especially in your situation since you have your daugher to take care of. You're very lucky to have your husband Smile My boyfriend is having a tough time going back to college. He did one year at a private college, and then ended up working full time. But now the school he went to won't release his grades because he hasn't paid back those loans from the first year, so he can't enroll to the state university of NJ. It sucks.

Writing is a great class to take. Even though I work in the IT department, everyone is telling me how much writing will be involved in my job.
elcoholic Wrote:You mean live like a bum.

Only one of those options would make you a bum. The others are difficult, and demand alot of effort. And while I wouldn't do any of them for my entire life, a few years for one or two of them dosent seem like a bad idea.
You people should stop complaining about school. At least you probably get to have fun

when you want to at your colleges. Its boring here at this college most of the time. This

college is good for learning and not much else. Fun is limited here and I just don't fit in

here that well. Sounds like your colleges are better in most ways. It seems you all have

nothing to complain about so just enjoy it.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Well I have a little less than two yeas before I have to think about college. Even though I am starting to save up money so I can actually go.
-The boy's screams excited me far more than yours. --Tomo, Fushigi Yugi

-look me up some time Cool http://www.myspace.com/chappas
I can't stand college. The things I'm learning are useless compounded by having to be held accountable for said useless studies.
Wait let me ask something. How old are you in college in the USA? In the UK it goes school till 16 then from 16-18 college then onto universtity 18 (mainly). Is college the same as university in the USA or do you go onto universtiy? Im in uni now in the UK and thats SO much better than school. People who say school was really great seem weird to me. Its more the people and the shit you have to go through and the way you get treated like crap by teachers that I hate. Maybe the people who look back forget all that crap and just see the hours you went in for...
gubi-gubi Wrote:Wait let me ask something. How old are you in college in the USA? In the UK it goes school till 16 then from 16-18 college then onto universtity 18 (mainly). Is college the same as university in the USA or do you go onto universtiy? Im in uni now in the UK and thats SO much better than school. People who say school was really great seem weird to me. Its more the people and the shit you have to go through and the way you get treated like crap by teachers that I hate. Maybe the people who look back forget all that crap and just see the hours you went in for...

As a rule 18 in the USA...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
gubi-gubi Wrote:Wait let me ask something. How old are you in college in the USA? In the UK it goes school till 16 then from 16-18 college then onto universtity 18 (mainly). Is college the same as university in the USA or do you go onto universtiy? Im in uni now in the UK and thats SO much better than school. People who say school was really great seem weird to me. Its more the people and the shit you have to go through and the way you get treated like crap by teachers that I hate. Maybe the people who look back forget all that crap and just see the hours you went in for...

Here in Portugal college and university are the same thing. We go to school till 18 and then we go to college for an average of 5 years. I tought it was the same in England.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Who ever said a bum can't live a materialistic life? The advantage of being a bum is that you have no home, and therefore no expenses. Nothing says you can't get a job. It's actually rather easy, as a bum, to rack up a few thousand and say, buy a nice laptop with which to bum around with. I'm just saying, it's not as bad a life as you may think. And as to friends, you make far more friends traveling then you ever do staying solitary. Although you often part ways with them, with the internet it makes it easy to keep in touch with them, and since you're constantly traveling anyway it isn't hard to arrange a get together. But meh, that's just my thoughts.
Being in a college as a student is rather fun. There are a lot of activities, a lot of cultures, you meet a lot of people, and you never have to worry about people?s motives for being friendly. I was even introduced to anime by an old classmate. Otherwise, I don?t think I would know if it even existed. Some might say things you learn in college is useless, but I think they eventually come in handy because you never know what kind of problems you will have to face at work.

Once you are out in the real world, it?s hard to trust people at work place. There is much backstabbing going on over promotion and recognition. Even professors play big time politics. I know one professor who failed a very good student?s graduate school candidacy exam (oral presentation) only because the student decided to do a research for a rival professor.
WOW i missed this thread completely interesting read

hmmmmmm ive been loathing Uni for a while now...but only coz of dodgy decisions ive made (ie living with the wrong people, doing a coarse i hated from day one - Dad forced me -his way or highway kinda thing)

but im honeslty gonna miss Uni whaen its gone..im not one of those people that is ever gonna be cut out for work..never im so gonna miss the not having to do anything
ie being a bum...though i hjave a lot of work being it my masters year...ive just lost all motivation for a great while..but its climbing back up abit lately Smile

damn im not having a greatv time...i know i wasted it and it could have been the best years of my life..i know sooo many people that had it good and for a while its pissed me off...but deep down inside im gonna miss thefreedom most of all...

so works just makes you more miserable Wink
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Work does suck lol...But god I wish I had a job LMAO
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Havn't been keeping up with this thread for a long time, and it's my thread! lol

Anyways, looks like i'm gonna quit college. Everything I was interested in turned out to be an extremely boring snoozefest. That and I hate college classes. Out of about 15 classes i've taken 3 were useful. And i've only taken two generals....

Gonna go to tech school and learn networking and crap. Will make just a little less than what I was interested in previously and will be taking classes that are actually useful and pertain to what I want to learn.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New years eve and back to work and or school odin0425 5 3,335 01-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Ngckld
  Back to school! -_- Batz Kage 27 8,461 09-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Elcoholic
  Ole school cartoons Tripp 108 33,552 03-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Last Post: rav96
  Old School Rap Ryo of Inferno 19 6,443 11-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Kroova
  Wow, there was almost a school shooting/stabbing today Batz Kage 66 21,870 11-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Batz Kage
  Haha ! An Iraq Exile taking a U.S. peace activist to school! Atomic Orgasm 12 4,599 03-23-2003, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Vicious
  Looking for a Japanese school uniform Vinny 41 12,901 02-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Steve_the_Talking_Pie