What Was The First HK Series You Bought ?
JingRoyale Wrote:My fist HK dvd was Naruto Part 1 by some company. Bad subs and only part 1-4. It cost me $16. My latest was a great purchase, The First (eps 1-52) and second (eps 53-79) box sets of One Piece. I also got the first movie and tv special. All of that only cost me $30!!!!!
That I think was a good deal.
My first HK set was Hunter x Hunter complete collection(MI), cost me $60 and a 3month wait for buying it off eBay. Never bought from that damn site again. Luckily i had better luck with Yu Yu Hakusho, But horrible subs Sad

Jing where did you get that One Piece set? ive been looking for a cheap one.
Killua404, I got my One Piece set from e-bay. I know you say you hate e-ebay but that is where I got it. I have never had a problem with e-bay and you may have a bad experience. Anyway, I don't think the seller has any more left, sorry. I got it when I could.
But if you are looking for one piece DVD's at a good price you should try e-bay. Thats is what I suggest and if I can give you some confidence about e-bay. The item I bought was shipped from Hong-Kong and it came in 12days when they said it would take 10-30 days to get to where I live in Canada, plus all of the discs and boxes were in perfect condition.
Oh, and about the subs on the One Piece set, they aren't great but some eps arre better than others.
There can be tears of sadness, and there can be tears of joy, but they are far from the same.

King Of Bandits Jing

My DVD trade list:
http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=4518
Well I have been considering it again...
a friend of mine got cowboy bebop for 40$ at discountdvd.com and told me about it, and with a little research i stumbled upon IA and found JJ's prices to be the cheapest. THe first Sets i bought were Trigun, Outlaw star, and Neon Genesis. I've bought all my HK from JJ, and sometimes from CJV when he doesn't have what i want.
This may be a stupid question but who or what is JJ?
There can be tears of sadness, and there can be tears of joy, but they are far from the same.

King Of Bandits Jing

My DVD trade list:
The owner of IA I beleive Big Grin
[Image: buddychrist.jpg]
JingRoyale Wrote:This may be a stupid question but who or what is JJ?

You have 37 posts and you don't know that you've been his guest here that entire time?
Oops, my bad.

King Of Bandits Jing

My DVD trade list:
A vicious slap !
yeah he is a cool cat , brings us some super fly cheap ass anime !
best site in the world, cant wait to see the new stores updated site!
Big Grin

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
I'd rather forget it ! :eek:
Arrgh i remenber now !!! My first set was Escaflowne; I don' t even know who has released this piece of sh.... The subtitles are the ugliest than i have ever seen ( worst than the first anime cartoon gto set ... yes it's real ) and there was so much pixelisation that i finally decided to sell it on eBay . I feel ashamed towards the customer :o
But at least i was able to remove it Big Grin
Pegasus Ryu Seiken !!!
I got doraemon and saint seiya vcd sets before they even started making the dvd sets. Unfortunately they did not have english subs. Doraemon has mandarin chinese but i didn't understand enough so i just sold them.

A few years later i went to HK again and the first dvd sets with eng subs started. I got about 20 sets including neoranga and fushigi yugi. I ended up selling most of them when i got back for lots of dough! ^_^ That was before the gatefolds came out and they were made by the predecessor of Mac & Anime Studio.

Then a couple years or so later i discovered Artic Nightfall forum. Back in those days there was pages of new posts every day! And the veterans were all trying to contact the suppliers for wholesale. Big Grin
The first HK series i bought was Project Arms. Most of the people i know think it was going to turn me off anime cause it was from there point of veiw "bad". well i liked it and still in to anime Big Grin .
-The boy's screams excited me far more than yours. --Tomo, Fushigi Yugi

-look me up some time Cool http://www.myspace.com/chappas
Your doing this on purpose right?

Every time you come back you make a 'I'm back' post and start dragging old topics up. Not that I care but it stands out.
Ya really, if you really care make a new thread or something but dragging up old crap like this is annoying.
outlaw star for me
Cyrus