Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What Was The First HK Series You Bought ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hey,

im sitting here making a list for a friend of my HK anime so he know what i have to borrow and im looking through all of my titles and this got me thinking of this topic. so everyone what was the first HK title/series you bought and where ?

My answer :
Outlaw Star Perfect collection - http://www.anime88.com
-they ripped me off it was like 35 for the set and was my first buy. it shipped from hong kong and was the mac version. at first i didnt know what and why the set was so cheap and when i got it i played it on my old xbox and it didnt work it skipped and would not play straight through ! i was pissed ! now on my new dvd player and xbox it works fine damn tomnson drive !

also now the site is no longer there and i liked it cause they had hard to find titles and also R1 movies and they were at whole sale prices , and they were real.

-LE
First HK I bought was Tekkaman Blade and Berserk!!!! 2 of the greatest animes EVER!!!
My first HK set was Noir... you know... that set that I still hold as an example of the worst subtitles ever made... Good thing I bought Yami No Matsui at the same time so I had some good subtitles to compare to. Thank god that most subtitles are more like YNM than Noir otherwise I don't think I'd still be getting HK releases.

Happy 1000th post to me. It's been over two years getting to this point but here I am. Thanks goes out to JJ for providing this excellent forum to hang out in. I've checked out other forums but I feel most comfortable here. Now I've got to start on my second thousand...
Berserk here as well... and ripped off as well Smile Ahhh memories. I bought it off some guy from ebay and I was trying to get the FX one and he ended up giving me some other company. I was pissed but the set was fine.
Here is another vote for Berserk. I actually prefer the MI set over the FX set for video, but the FX subs are better. I own both... Big Grin
My first set was Captain Tsubasa Part 1 3DVDs and Yu-gi-oh Part 1. I was thrilled with the prices and especially the artwork of the gatefolds
You're Under Arrest 2nd Season (4 DVD) Anime Studio
Neon Genesis Evangelion Movies Complete Collection (Anime Studio)
My first set I got ripped off majorly from discountanimedvd.com. I paid around $40 total for the MI version of Cowboy Bebop. The video was amazing...but the subs sucked and almost made me cry. I had a friend over and she asked me if it was because the characters were speaking bad Japanese or something...

And after that I thought I'd try again with Noir but what do you know I got the one with crappy subs! I stopped buying HKs for quite some time after that, but thankfully started back up when I found this site =D.
Berserk (AV). It's still the best subtitled set you can get, besides fansubs...IMO. I bought it from AntiSocial.com if anyone remembers those tricksters. I never had a problem with them, but I have heard some sad stories of them taking a bunch of people's money.
If I remember correctly, it should be Zenki Saga 1. I bought it without knowing that it's a HK. Realised that it was a HK only when I looked at the dvds and the email address after the synopsis. Was pleasantly surprised by the picture and audio quality.
The first set I bought was Naru Taru. I got it for around $30(I think) from a video store in Chinatown, and it has no indication anywhere on it as to the compamy who did it. The second set I bought was FX's Cowboy Bebop Perfect Collection for $24 on ebay. I was so impressed with that one that I searched for FX online a few(1.5?) weeks ago while I was bored. That search is what led me to this site, and I couldnt be more happy with what I found.
The first Hk set I bought was from here. I bought a few titles. umm,I think they were Ai Yori Aoshi,Aysha no Ceres,Fruits Basket, and dont remember..Kristy Big Grin
I bought Ranma 1/2 off of Ebay. I actually thought it was a legitimate version from china. Man, i'm glad i never got scammed on Ebay....
Maison Ikkoku by MI. 10 disc, 3 gatefold set. I saw it on ebay and thought it was an official import set.

I realized what was what, whe I saw some mistimed subs, and a yahoo email address.

Overall it was nice to be able to see the series after VIZ had cut me off, several times.
My first set was Berserk.

Congratulations Zagatto on 1000 posts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5