What Was The First HK Series You Bought ?
dailyplanet Wrote:My first set I got ripped off majorly from discountanimedvd.com. I paid around $40 total for the MI version of Cowboy Bebop. The video was amazing...but the subs sucked and almost made me cry. I had a friend over and she asked me if it was because the characters were speaking bad Japanese or something...

That was my first HK set also, still the worst subs I 've seen on a HK set. I got the Bebop set along with the MI Love Hina set which had great subtitles. On my first order I got to see the best and the worst of HK DVDs.
My first sets were Hellsing and Lain. I thought they were a different official release or something when I bought them. Didn't know they made such high quality bootlegs at the time. Some ebay sellers really make me mad when they claim to be official releases to try to trick people who want to buy the R1's.
I got Future Boy Conan, 2-3 years ago at the urging of an anime-fanatic friend. It turned out to be a great recommendation. The series is incredibly entertaining. Had no idea what HK dvds were back then. It came in a official looking hard case (not foldout case like nowadays). I remember being very puzzled why the subtitles were so 'wacky' (my first exposure to engrish).
My first HK set was probably MAC's old SDF Macross TV set. I saw it a local chinese video shop (lots of those in my area), and I bought it for a ridiculous price. I was even more appalled when I started watching it, since the subs were really awful and missing half the time. That's probably when I started searching for reviews online for HK DVDs. Lo and behold, Import-Anime came into my life, this was before they started selling DVDs themselves. Haven't looked back since.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!
Last Exile Wrote:Hey,

im sitting here making a list for a friend of my HK anime so he know what i have to borrow and im looking through all of my titles and this got me thinking of this topic. so everyone what was the first HK title/series you bought and where ?

My answer :
Outlaw Star Perfect collection - http://www.anime88.com
-they ripped me off it was like 35 for the set and was my first buy. it shipped from hong kong and was the mac version. at first i didnt know what and why the set was so cheap and when i got it i played it on my old xbox and it didnt work it skipped and would not play straight through ! i was pissed ! now on my new dvd player and xbox it works fine damn tomnson drive !

also now the site is no longer there and i liked it cause they had hard to find titles and also R1 movies and they were at whole sale prices , and they were real.

-LE
U thought u got ripped off, my first HK was Gundam Wing (MI) which can with a seperate endless waltz dvd, I bought this off of a seller on ebay, at the time i thought i was getting a good deal but now i just regret it soo much. It costed me in total £55 which is over $100. I only found out about this site when i went on a hunt for G gundam.
I got ripped. Sad
Mine was bought here, just a few weeks ago and it was the InuYasha Perfect Collection. Already watched all of it and am very happy! :p
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
My 1st one was the Cowboy Bebop FX perfect collection when it was first released. I payed $45 for it off of Ebay. It turned out that the seller happened to be Sundevildvd.com.
My first was Cowboy Bebop (AV). Enjoy the 1000 club Zagatto. Wink
Mine was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the anime MAC from this store! I also got Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar MI but it was TMNT that made my buy because i'd searched for it for ages! Id also just come across AN and then somewhere called 'tea's dreamland' and then I found here. I was impressed so I got Detective Conan and I was again impressed so I got more an more!
I bought the Witch Hunter Robin Boxset from JJ.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
My first hk ever was te Fushigi Yugi tv/ova series from DiscountAnimeDVD.com. It was the english dubbed MI one which had AWESOME PACKAGING!!!! w00t way better than the fx one.......but..... I paid 35.00 bucks just for 1 set. so I kinda got ripped off a little. now they are just cheap now. Damn :mad: . But oh well I am still happy Big Grin .
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~
Trigun (AV). My very favorite set ^^
Hey, we're Dreamstreet and we're coming your way!

[Image: sig.gif]
My HK DVD Sets
http://www.aniop.net
My first set was Kikaider. It was from http://www.animekrazy.com and it had horrible subtitles.

I just noticed your sig meoryo. You play Rag? If so what server are you on?
hellsing, trigun, bebop, and kenshin in one buy. altogether it was close to 200. rip off ebay.....
Jiro Komyoji Wrote:My first set was Kikaider. It was from http://www.animekrazy.com and it had horrible subtitles.

I just noticed your sig meoryo. You play Rag? If so what server are you on?

I play on Loki but school's starting. Ill occasionally be on on the weekends however...
Hey, we're Dreamstreet and we're coming your way!

[Image: sig.gif]
My HK DVD Sets
http://www.aniop.net