Another new format
Ummm... Vicious doesn't really start nearly as many threads as you have Mantis and he has about four time the number of posts that you have.

I don't consider myself to be a shrinking violet and I still have less than a thousand posts on the board and I'm one of the oldest members here (both in how long I've been signed up and how long I've been alive).

I understand that you're home bound and you have my sympathy. I think that a better sign of how much a thread adds to this forum is how long it goes on. Just look at Mr. Pie's thread for "What are you watching"... it's the only thread to go over 1000 posts... part 2 of that thread has the second most posts.
I'm not going to try to understand how the Welcome ladysilverice is already in the top 5 for number of posts. That thread just exploded without any good reason.

Either way... post as much as you want... this is the "General Babble" thread... it was created for people who just like babble... or was it for our post sluts??? It's been a while.

And while I'm still in this thread... Mr. Kak... you keep waiting... I heard that you may be a moderator some time before Halley's Comet returns... maybe...
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Zagatto Wrote:Ummm... Vicious doesn't really start nearly as many threads as you have Mantis and he has about four time the number of posts that you have.

I'm not going to try to understand how the Welcome ladysilverice is already in the top 5 for number of posts. That thread just exploded without any good reason.

Damn. I didn't even notice that he has 600 posts in less than 20 days. That is alot!!! He'd even give Steve a run for his money.

I think I might've had something to do with that other thread getting so big. Wink
Exile I have refrained from writing this on the board and even E-Mailed you directly on this one and you did not respond. What is the big deal about the amount of posts a person has to you. Its no big deal
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Mantis, no need to get defensive about this. You and ladysilverice have set new levels of posting. It's noteworthy. I don't believe that Vicious has attacked you. He was just stating his awe at the number of posts. We haven't seen a member this active since it was decided to start the General Babble forum two years ago. Back then it was Steve the Talking Pie, Batz Kage and a few other people who were just running around making crazy posts. At least you and ladysilverice are providing some meat to your posts unlike those older posts which were mostly "yeah" or "me too" or other monosyllabic posts that were just a waste of everyones time.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Yes the days of the Posting Sluts... I rember me and Vicious talking about the Lakers... which we need to do again big changes... But to see the amount of post that Lady and Mantis have put up is a little hard to not mention. Look at Dark, Kakoi, Bats, Steve, or any of those above a thousand. Seeing how it is the Olmpics I will use that for a comparison. You posting 600+ post is like shattering the weight lifting record. I don't care to much for post the only one that matters is the 50th. Getting you avatar is nice. In the old fourms it matter a little more. Because the title under your name would change after so many post. And going from a Baka to No life but anime was kind of cool.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
i agree, i cudnt wait to get my avatar, and getting my status up was cool aswell baka to ani the otaku, waiting to find out when and what ur next on was going to be, now ur just spoilt for choice.
The ironic thing for me is I never really started noticing my post count until everbody else started bringing it up to me. But as a point I will tell you what I read from moderator posting when I first joined

1 their was concern about the lack of posts and interest as of late in the board
2 This is not a race, no matter how many posts you have it the date you joined

Plus alot of this current interest in my post count surprises me because. I refrane from joining the flame war posts all the time. I have always tried to be as helpful to the new person as the veterans if the question is asked, and their is a handful of you I have had good conversation that I have defended when others where bad talking you. I also have always refrained from using obsinities toward anyone.

So I guess I sould be saying thank you
Excel saga
Mantis421 Wrote:I refrane from joining the flame war posts all the time.

I'm getting tired of you constantly mentioning this. It's kind of like the guy that receives the wrong change back from a store and then gives it back. And then he goes around pimping this fact to everyone he knows. Do you want a pat on the back or something? Noone even mentioned flame wars, so why do you continuously bring up this fact?
No I am not looking for any congrats ect I just am memtioning that because I never have in the past increrased my post count that way. I don't see the point in getting into an agruement where mud slinging is going on that might add 20 + posts to your profile. The only reason I am in this one is because I feel like a pack a wolves is hounding me right now over nothing
Excel saga
I personally think you're waaaaay too sensitive. You see shadows where there are none. And I'm not referring to just this thread either.

But in this particular thread, there is no 'pack of wolves'. LE seems to be the only one whose annoyed by your posting. I was simply pointing out my amazement at the numbers. And I don't see how you could misinterpret anything Morg, fahad, or zag have said as attacking you.

My take on it is you can post all you want and create all the new threads you want. It says you have 600+ posts, but none of them were memorable to me. So whatever.

Honestly, you should check out the AoD forums. Your posting style would fit in great there.
Well I am sorry if I am seeing something that isn't their, but as I said I never noticed my post count until 2 or 3 other people made a point to tell me what my post count was
Excel saga
Schultz, two things.

A) Could you be able to change the new messages from bold to a different color?

B) Eliminate the 10 character post requirement.
New messages in a different color would be pretty nice. It gets a little confusing at the moment.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Sorry, but I hate the new format. I loved the simplicity of the old forum. Avatar and rank to the side and whatnot.

I don't imagine that I'll stick around much longer... I was planning on leaving months ago anyway (after I cleaned my shelves of HK's to be replaced with R1's).
Eh.....just because you are intending to replace all HKs with R1s, you are leaving the site?
:confused: Though I have some R1s, I still lurk around. :p