why are the prices so low!!
what are the differences between FX, hks and R1's, and which ones do you prefer.

Also, i'm kinda confused at the moment cus of what crate digga said about the fx made titles being rip offs. I bought the Chobits - Perfect Collection DVD (English Dubbed). It's the import one with only 3 dvds, so is there any difference between what he said, and what i'm thinking?

Sorry if this sounds kind of confusing.
Animes I Own:

~Hellsing
~Chobits
~Read or Die
~D.N. Angel
~Last Exile
~X
~Love Hina
~Onegai Teacher
~Ninja Scroll
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Stop trying to sound ghetto because you're not.

Oh... -that's- what he was trying to do... I just assumed his keyboard was busted.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Quote:Originally posted by Lionheart
what are the differences between FX, hks and R1's, and which ones do you prefer.

Also, i'm kinda confused at the moment cus of what crate digga said about the fx made titles being rip offs. I bought the Chobits - Perfect Collection DVD (English Dubbed). It's the import one with only 3 dvds, so is there any difference between what he said, and what i'm thinking?

Sorry if this sounds kind of confusing.

HK = Hong Kong

HK's are illegal rips made in hong kong and shipped elsewhere.

R1 = Region 1

R1's are official releases by the companies and buying them supports that company.

FX is an HK company. FX is my favorite. You could have found all of this out by reading the FAQ's post. This entire post was pointless. No go read the FAQ like everyone else.
I read the faqs (the one in the navigation bar) and i didn't see it there, and i didn't see anyother faqs. So i asked, and i'm sure these other people don't mind helping me.
Animes I Own:

~Hellsing
~Chobits
~Read or Die
~D.N. Angel
~Last Exile
~X
~Love Hina
~Onegai Teacher
~Ninja Scroll
http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...eadid=2560

It's usually the other people that will jump on you lol. People have been nice in the forums the last few days.
It's just really simple.

R1s are the DVDs that are released in North America... these are the 'official' DVDs that will cost you 24-35 dollars/disc... the expensive stuff you find at Future Shop, Best Buy, Walmart... whatever...

HKs are bootleg DVDs that are usually ripped from Japanese TV or Japanese DVD and these companies subtitle the DVDs themselves most of the time. The subtitles are usually only average... with a lot of grammar mistakes, translation mistakes, spelling mistakes, etc... a lot of sets are good, but a lot are pathetic... these are usually cheap.

FX sets are loved by almost everyone. Their sets are ripped directly from R1s... so you are basically buying R1s, except at a fraction of the cost. Video quality might suffer a bit
Quote:Originally posted by Crate_Digga_909
please take it easy Vicious im sure we can let shit slide i dont wana have Bs with some guy posting after me to try and talk trash whats done is done relax and enjoy the forum!!!!

You write the shit that you wrote in the other thread about me, and now you're trying to be PC and trying to tell me to let shit slide?

I ain't forgetting shit. You can suck a big fat dick for all I give a fuck. You better hope that my job never sends me up into Canada because I will tell you to come meet me somewhere so I can beat your geeky internet ass. Of course you won't show up, thus proving to all of us what a pussy you really are.
OOH OOH!
FIGHT! FIGHT!

And if I'm lucky, right in my back yard.

C'mon up to Canada.
I've got plenty of crash space.

Things are so much better when people solve disagreements with their fists. That's why I love George W. so much. Why does he need to be a diplomat when he's got the most advanced army in the world to smack people down with?
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Quote:Originally posted by Jiro Komyoji
discountanimedvd.com doesn't sell HK dvds.

I always thought their import stuff were HK's.. just curious, where are they made from?
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
OOH OOH!
FIGHT! FIGHT!

And if I'm lucky, right in my back yard.

C'mon up to Canada.
I've got plenty of crash space.

Things are so much better when people solve disagreements with their fists. That's why I love George W. so much. Why does he need to be a diplomat when he's got the most advanced army in the world to smack people down with?

You know I'm not kidding either right? I just noticed you live in Ontario just like that loser. So that's good. You can be our impartial reporter and let everyone know how things turn out.
Too bad the fight would be all the way up in the great white north. If you ever meet, Vicious give him a couple of punches for me.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto

Damn right.
One could easily say that about Hitler. He settled problems with his 'fists' and military power, and look what happened. He conquered several european countries, and slaughtered milliions in attempts of genocide.
Why does anyone even reply to these posts? What is an R1?! Come on! Thats not even a newbie question thats just plain stupid!
It's actually not that stupid of a question. If it is, then everyone I know is an idiot for asking, since I get asked that question all the time. Most people who aren't tech-savvy don't have the first clue about region coding, and assume that all dvds will work regardless of location or region.