Spiderman 2 - Can you say 'awesome'?
Quote:Originally posted by morgorath
He is also the first bad guy in the series, but we later find out he is a good guy after all.

Damn!! Now you just went and ruined the entire thing for all of us. :p
Hmmm. My avatar? It is from a manga. I would lead people on a wild chase to find out what it is but I am nicer than that. ^___^. It is from a manga called Dragon Knights. I wish they would make it into a series ;__;. The character in it is some weird person of a damn forest. Oops, Forest of The Damned heh heh. I think I should get another avatar though. I am not sure if this one suits me.
Hot Damn, that was cool!

That's cool avatar... I am not sure as to why you would change it, but if you need help picking one I am sure the boards will help you.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Cool to know. Help is always appreciated Wink.
Hot Damn, that was cool!

*artboy brings the thread back on topic*

Spidey 2 was awesomely kickass. I loved that the special effects weren't jacked up a ton, overriding the story. It seemed like the 3d animated spidey was a lot more lifelike in this one too.
I'm really looking forward to venom making an appearance though [or at least eddie brock getting introduced].
And Kirsten Dunst is hot. Albeit kinda annoying ["I can't survive without you!!" -_- riiighhht]. I guess the story will get more interesting once the story shifts into when Frank Miller ran the show. I wonder how they'll handle the thing when Jameson's secretary comes into play.
Quote:I wonder how they'll handle the thing when Jameson's secretary comes into play.

That's just it they aren't even going to include her as one of Peter's loves. They are simply going to press on. I just hope that when venom comes into play that we don't have another kidnapp Mary Jane scene to get Spiderman to fight damn plot. Hell it is twice they have had the villian take her and then Spiderman come and save her. Hell the comics had a lot more storie than that. I also don't see venom in the next movie. It looks like they are going to make Harry Osbourn the Green Goblin.
Quote: I just hope that when venom comes into play that we don't have another kidnapp Mary Jane scene to get Spiderman to fight damn plot.

Yeah, to get past that tired scenario, it'd be a lot better if there was another villian besides the green goblin in the third movie. I mean, been there, done that. For instance, something like Curt Conners becoming the lizard and helping/being forcced to help the new goblin to make that stuff that impaired spidey's spider sense would be different.

They probably won't include the thing that happened with the secretary and peter, but it gets kinda dumb that they keep having these flirting bits between them.
The movie finally premiered here yesterday and right after my Computer Networks exam I rushed to the movie theater to watch it. It's awesome! I really liked it! I wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary, judging by the trailer it didn't look like much but it turned out to be great! I particularly liked watching Peter live his regular daily life, it made the movie be more than just a comic hero movie. I think that scene where he's washing his Spider Man suit is just brilliant!
Accordingly to http://www.imdb.com Spider Man 3 will premiere in the summer of 2007. Guess we'll just have to wait 3 whole years for it!
Oh, and Morgorath how can you say the landlord's daughter (Mageina Tovah) is way better than Kirsten Dunst?! She was ugly! And way too skinny (she's 5'10'', 115lbs)! KD might not be gorgeous (but she is good looking) and she does have those weird eyes than make her look like she's high 24/7 but she is definitely much more beautiful than that girl!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Quote from some of my male friends, " DAMN! No pretty girls either in Spidey 2! Why the hell can't they pick a much prettier lead girl? KD IS AN EYESORE AND AN OLD HAG (They think that KD looks really old, despite her age)!"

Quote from my female friends, " KD is eh....*shrug*"
Ok I have my own view on who is pretty. But let's be fair. The casting director is not going to cast a girl in any major role that is better looking then the leading woman. Hell if I was to point out the best looking girl in the movie it would be the blond in the glasses who ran away screaming as Doc Occ climbed up the building. Who remebers her?

I am just in agreement with digital artboy on this one. I don't want Peter Parker having these romantic scenes with other women if the don't mean anything or don't change the scope or direction of the movie. i will put it this way. Does removing the scene of Peter and the Landlords Daughter change anything important in the movie. Does she battle MJ for peters love...no. Is Peter torn between her and MJ...no. That is what I am pointing out. Hell in the sredits she doesn't even have a name. But she plays a role in Peter's live that grabs are attention for what purpose?
She does look a bit tired but old?!! I think that given the fact that she's only 22 that's a bit hard. Nobody looks old at the age of 22, unless you have some aging disease.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I know what you mean. It kind of creeped me out. But anyway, I agree with Morgorath and digital artboy. Those damn plots have been used so much it it getting sickening.
Hot Damn, that was cool!

Quote:Originally posted by morgorath

I am just in agreement with digital artboy on this one. I don't want Peter Parker having these romantic scenes with other women if the don't mean anything or don't change the scope or direction of the movie. i will put it this way. Does removing the scene of Peter and the Landlords Daughter change anything important in the movie. Does she battle MJ for peters love...no. Is Peter torn between her and MJ...no. That is what I am pointing out. Hell in the sredits she doesn't even have a name. But she plays a role in Peter's live that grabs are attention for what purpose?

I think they inserted that scene and similar ones like it to show that Peter does have some other options other than just MJ. That he's not a total loser who only has MJ following him, so he better take what he can get. I think that's what they were trying to prove with those scenes.
Quote:I think they inserted that scene and similar ones like it to show that Peter does have some other options other than just MJ. That he's not a total loser who only has MJ following him, so he better take what he can get. I think that's what they were trying to prove with those scenes.

Good point. I just wonder if they had explored it enough. Because one thing is for certain it didn't seam like Peter was that intrested, but then he was in love ith MJ. On that note... Since in the comics MJ is this knock out model. Then it leaves no question that if she finds Peter intersting, attractive, what have you. Then other women must. Hell take into account Black Cat..her real name ecapes me at the moment but she is a well to do hot chick in her own right.
Actually, i was just thinking, that the other girls weren't there in the story as a flirt thing, but to show a reason for Peter to become spiderman again. He's a hero because he has a responsibility to protect right? So, when he makes connections with others [like the landlord's daughter, or the train scene], it shows a more personal viewpoint of the people that he's fighting to protect.

just a thought...

PS - and yes, Black Cat is a hottie. I hope they don't pick someone as bad as Kirsten to play her [eg - alicia silverstone or sumthin]