Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Spiderman 2 - Can you say 'awesome'?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Since no one's posted a topic about this yet, I think I will.

I was fortunate enough to have watched Spider-man 2 last night, and I was not disappointed. This movie was everything I expected and MORE. Before watching the movie, I was worried that the trailer had given away too much of the plot, but this was not so, as the movie actually was much more complex than I could've ever imagined.

Tons of great action scenes, and a very realistic perception of a young superhero (all of sudden, my idealistic dreams of being Spider-man don't seem as kickass as they once did, myself also being a student). Certain parts were cheesy but understandable, as Raimi's known for doing such things on purpose, and comic books have a cheesy side to them in general.

There's probably tons more I could say, but definitely, this film was much better than the original. I'll probably watch it again.

In two words: Blown away. 9.9/10.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions on this movie. Watch it if you haven't, otherwise you're missing out on a real gem.

Favorite action scene: Subway train fight (other fights were fantastic also)
Favorite non-action scene: "My back, my back!!"
I too enjoyed the movie.
I am stick in the desert but due to the Bazzar that is going on
next week there is a good chance i will be able to pick up a
pirated version of the movie. that being said you can bet that
the first movie I will see when I get back will be this one.
I rather enjoyed it. I liked when MJ called Peter "tiger." I think she said it once in the first one, if at all, and it's jsut little things like that that needed to be in there to keep it true to the comics.
I'll probably just rent it or buy a pirated copy also.
All my friends said it sucked.
I thought it was awesome, and I am still amazed at how they can put 40 years + of comic history in 2 hours. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and go see it.
Well I must say thinking about it now, I think I like it more than when I saw it. That movie was absolutely flawless for a comic book based movie.
I liked part I better. This one didn't seem to have that much more action stuff to it. But I love Spiderman and highly recommend this one to anyone! Yeah, I liked when MJ called Peter 'tiger' too. It's really cute. The last shot of her in the end is really sad though... she just looked so lonely standing there looking after Peter.
Well, I know it was sad how MJ looked, but it is just setting the mood for Part 3 i heard it is coming out in 2008
Anyone recognize Bruce Campbell?
Quote:Originally posted by dallaslad
Anyone recognize Bruce Campbell?

The Snooty Usher.Big Grin
He was also the wrestling announcer in the first movie, for those who don't remember. Sam Raimi has made it a tradition to have certain people and elements in all of his movies, which includes Bruce Campell and his brother Ted Raimi, as well as the subtler dark comedy Raimi is so fond of.
Quote:Originally posted by timon
Part 3 i heard it is coming out in 2008

omg.. that is a long wait!! i hope it comes out sooner.
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
He was also the wrestling announcer in the first movie, for those who don't remember. Sam Raimi has made it a tradition to have certain people and elements in all of his movies, which includes Bruce Campell and his brother Ted Raimi, as well as the subtler dark comedy Raimi is so fond of.

Don't forget about Sam Raimi's signature big yellow car, which has appeared in everything since the first Evil Dead... anybody notice it's cameo in Spiderman 2?
I loved the movie! I started watching spider-man when I was like 8. I have loved spider-man for such a long time, im glad the moves are kinda similar to the comic and the cartoon.

Are the movie directors trying to show mary janes nipples in every movie? Not that its bad, just wondering if anyone else noticed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6