Music
I'm impressed, guys! The music tastes here are pretty diverse. I too, am a fan of the "music" genre. I'm not another one of those guys that say "I like all music except rap and country". I dig it all. I'm currently into:

Claude Debussy (Classical)
Edvard Grieg (Classical)
Sun Ra (Avant-Jazz)
James White and the Blacks/The Contortions (No Wave Funk)
DNA (No Wave)
The Durutti Column (Post-Punk)
A Certain Ratio (Post-Punk Dance)
Medicine (Shoegazer Rock)
My Bloody Valentine (Shoegazer)
A Tribe Called Quest (REAL Hip Hop)
Chris Liberator (Acid Techno... or something.)
ADULT. (w00t, Detroit Techno)
Chicks on Speed (Electroclash)
Mondo Grosso (Acid Jazz)
The Kids of Widney High (... can't categorize them)
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra (2nd Wave Ska)
Tigerarmy (Psychobilly)
DESA (Independent Rock)
Teresa Teng (Chinese Folk)
E-rotic (Dance)

Soulseek is quite a convenient tool.
People who say they don't like Rap really don't know what they're talking about.

People who say they don't like Country really don't know what they're talking about either.
<a href="http://elotroladodelburro.tripod.com">Website</a>
Quote:Originally posted by ElVaquero
People who say they don't like Rap really don't know what they're talking about.

People who say they don't like Country really don't know what they're talking about either.

I like very little rap and I hate country, it bugs the crap out of me.

I know what I'm talking about when i say I don't like country and that all MTV rap sucks ass.
I've been collecting music even longer than I've been collecting anime.
Been buying CDs since 1987 and have a few hundred albums from before that.
I finished dumping all my CDs onto my hard drive and have them all queued up in Winamp...6476 songs covering everything from Johnny Cash to Sigue Sigue Sputnik to Simon and Garfunkle to the Carmina Burana (with 12th century instrumentation... not Carl Orff's 17th century remix) to Spice Girls to the Pugs to Eminem to Yello to Reverand Horton Heat to Evita with a couple of odd tangents in there.

My favourite artists this week are as follows (in no particular order)
Carlhinos Brown
Jamie Cullum
Fatboy Slim
Thomas Dolby
Andres Segovia
Madredeus
Kelis (love that milkshake)
White Stripes
Art of Noise
PJ Harvey
Malcom McLaren
Louis Prima
Tom Jones

The sad thing is that I just sold all my CDs to buy my new camera. All I have left are my MP3s which just isn't the same. At least I'm happy with my new camera. And I'm sure that my music collection will grow again.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Well, yes current mainstream rap and country suck harder than most top-end vacuums, but that doesn't change the fact that Johnny Cash, Wilco, and countless rap groups and artists are flat-out incredible. When I say "don't know what they're talking about" I mean that you form your opinion based on what's playing on TV or the radio.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
The sad thing is that I just sold all my CDs to buy my new camera. All I have left are my MP3s which just isn't the same. At least I'm happy with my new camera. And I'm sure that my music collection will grow again.

I wish I could sell my CDs. I've already ripped all the CDs worth ripping and ripped all the tracks from them. On really good CDs I rip the whole thing, however, on many of them, only about 4 or 5 songs are really worth ripping and listening to. As for not being the same, I can agree that there is something different between when I would listen to my music before I had a computer and after. However, I like it more that I have a computer, since I bought some really nice speakers to compliment it and the shuffle button makes listening for a long time heavenly. I just press play and I can do whatever I want for a while since It's guaranteed to play different stuff all the time
Well, some of my more recent listening time has been devoted to the following bands...

Every Time I Die
The Bled
Bleeding Through
Bed Destroyers
Beefcake
The Movielife
Motion City Soundtrack

And now, for a few of my all time favorites...

Matchbook Romance
REM
Matchbox 20
As I Lay Dying
Anti-Flag
The Mars Volta
The Postal Service
Garth Brooks (doesn't really fit does he??)
There are soo many more, but I can't remember them at this moment.
The monkey with the most
spike if you like punk check out the band Nerve Agents good stuff, the band isn't around any more, but thier drummer plays for the distilers.
Bands i like hmm.
cake-it makes me mad they feel that people don't take thier music seriously
afi-ask for it (i prefer thier older days before they switched some members even though black sails and art of drowning are amazing albums
Dog Fashion Disco
MIndless self indulgence
tool
a perfect circle
deftones
the white stripes
nerve agents
mushroomhead
nin
prodigy
radiohead
cure
portishead
massive attack
NOFX
audioslave
TIGER ARMY
i have unwantedly listend to Cradle of filth even went to thier concert-but i went for type o negative
THose are just a few of the top of my head
Well, yes current mainstream rap and country suck harder than most top-end vacuums, but that doesn't change the fact that Johnny Cash, Wilco, and countless rap groups and artists are flat-out incredible. When I say "don't know what they're talking about" I mean that you form your opinion based on what's playing on TV or the radio.

I agree, I hate almost everything played on the radio. I only listen to my local college station which just plays mostly punk and ska. But now they are starting to play alot of emo, which I hate, so I dont listen as much anymore.
The Nerve Agents... were a truly great band. The Buttefly Collection is their best album.
I've just discovered a band from Australia called Machine Gun Fellatio. They defy categorization. Sometimes they are guitar heavy with distortion. Sometimes they do cheesy show tune type stuff. Sometimes they are more balad oriented with light arrangements. Everything I've heard so far has been well done and interesting to listen too. They don't mind using vulgarity when they think it will be fun but they don't use it just to get attention.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
i would have given a kidney to see tiger army, nerve agents, and afi play together
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
i would have given a kidney to see tiger army, nerve agents, and afi play together

That reminds me, does anyone dig Epitaph's Punk v.s. Psycobilly tour?

The only Psycobilly band I saw them list when I first looked it over was Tiger Army, which God knows they're awsome, but I'm hoping I just misread, because they really need HorrorPops, & Nekromantix on board, because they're closer to the old sounds than Tiger Army.

As for punk type stuff I got tried of the "underground" music that everyone on the block is listening to. I do only listen to bands because no one else does, but I just get tried of having to listen to people tell me about the "underground" music that I've been listening to since before they started listening to punk. Plus, my tastes moved from that sort of music, to the older laid back sounds of real psycobilly.
Of course no offense to the punk lovers out their, considering I listen to 50-50 (punk-psycobilly).
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
damn noy gonna enter this thread as i'll be here all day!

my music collection on last count was 218 albums and still growing with approx 40% being ripped or downloaded (i only buy the stuff i truelly appreciate)
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! I need to find this Music Video! Ka-Talliya 3 2,647 08-10-2006, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Ka-Talliya
  Where can i buy HK music CD's cheap ? puzzleguy 6 3,828 07-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Last Post: puzzleguy
  any good download site for jaapanese music ? puzzleguy 3 2,692 07-12-2006, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Blight
  music to my ears. JunkieJoe 3 2,548 06-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Ranmafan
  Hisaishi music on napster psychooys 12 6,121 06-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Last Post: psychooys
  Music Question Ryo of Inferno 4 2,845 01-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Last Post: j2raymond
  The last music you bought. Blight 35 10,828 11-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Gemini
  cool music video Mantis421 4 2,202 08-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Mantis421
  Music Video Question Mantis421 8 3,823 08-21-2005, 07:30 PM