Hisaishi music on napster
I know alot of us are anime fans, but some of us gotta be anime music fans too, so i think you guys will like this. i thought it was pretty cool that the free napster song hosting thing has alot of joe Hisaishi's music. I was pretty suprised to find his music on there (he does music for a few major anime movies ie miyazaki's films) anyway check out how easy it is to use. heres a link to "rain" so u guys can understand how it works: http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/13989910 i think u have to log in to listen, but its no big deal. making an acct is easy, all u have to do is give them a fake email and u can listen to all their music. i wonder who elses music they have?
No body else is interested in miyazaki's music? i love the stuff he did in his last film. I especially like rain.
Well that sure sucks! I can't listen to free music on Napster because I don't live in the US. It only let me listen to 30 seconds of the song. :mad:
Anyway, I do like Miyazaki's music but it's a type of music I prefer to listen to while watching the movie. I am though, a huge anime music fan. If it wasn't for anime I wouldn't have become acquainted with bands/singers I nowadays love!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
i like some stuff

Raxhephon
Neon Genesis Evangelion
FLCL
Cowboy Bebop
Bleach

those all have amazing music.

Id like to pick up a few other cd's too maybe some NOIR and maybe maybe Haibane Renmei
Cyrus
If you wanna talk about Hisaishi Music, I'm a fan of his work. "The Rain" is from Kikujiro no Natsu (Kikujiro's Summer [Kikujiro for western release]). His music is awesome, his work on Hana-Bi was fantastic as well, he seems to work well on Kitano films. I have both OSTs, grea stuff.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Well that sure sucks! I can't listen to free music on Napster because I don't live in the US. It only let me listen to 30 seconds of the song. :mad:
Anyway, I do like Miyazaki's music but it's a type of music I prefer to listen to while watching the movie. I am though, a huge anime music fan. If it wasn't for anime I wouldn't have become acquainted with bands/singers I nowadays love!
that is too bad Sad only us people can hear it for free?? i didn't know that... move to the US Smile?
psychooys Wrote:that is too bad Sad only us people can hear it for free?? i didn't know that... move to the US Smile?

Sorry, can't do that. Big Grin I do hope Napster will eventually let us non-US citizens listen to music for free as well. Smile
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Quote:"The Rain" is from Kikujiro no Natsu
in addition to the music in that, imo that is one of Beat Takeshi's more... original roles, where he isn't busy being 'a stupendous badass', as stephenson would say.

But yeah, I liked it ^^ glad to see anime music is gaining more western prominence.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Sorry, can't do that. Big Grin I do hope Napster will eventually let us non-US citizens listen to music for free as well. Smile
i would imagine they would, because napster was origanally based in australia wern't they?? btw i love ur avatar Tongue
Apparently, napster is, in fact, *not* dealing with countries other than the U.S. - probably due to copyright law.
that would make sense, but its too bad that its not even in the UK or anything Sad and i think they respect internation copyright laws.
The problem is that companies lisence CDs at different costs in different countries because there are different laws dealing with it, and an overseas 'downloadable' internet based thing would destroy a lot of the profit they make on that/the time they've invested in curtailing it.

At least, that's what I've gotten from collecting CD's for a while Tongue
the problem with cds is that the artist makes almost no money off of it. i think the artist makes a decnt amount off internet sales. would u happen to know how much?