Poll: Berserk or Fruits Basket?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Berserk, ACTION!! MWAHAHAHA!!
72.73%
16 72.73%
Fruits Basket! So touching *tear*
27.27%
6 27.27%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which is Better?
Heh....
That's why I wait a while, see reviews on those dvds.....if the grade is less than a B, forget it.......

Stuck with bad series huh? So far, I don't think I've ever been stuck with lousy series yet....*TOUCHWOOD*
Maybe coz I'm getting old so I'm getting "milder" as the days go by. If it's 6,7 years ago, I won't wait. I'll be hounding websites for the next volumes...................I learnt that most of the time, if i'm willing to wait, I reap greater satisfaction and reward.

I usually go to http://www.animeondvd.com for reviews on the R1s.

Heh......like before, as you agreed, imports are for testing out a series before getting them on R1s....
I got my Please Teacher from JJ.....so no big deal. Big Grin
You can't always tell by thos reviews on AoD. Most of them are done by Chris and his tastes seem different than mine. Alot of times he'll give a series a good review, and I won't like it at all. But if he gives something a bad review, he's usually right. I've never liked anything he's given a bad review to.
I guess so. None of the movies he gave bad reviews to are good. I managed to rent some of them on NetFlix last time. Wink

I guess ppl have different opinions. Most of the time i read the reviews with a pinch of salt. If the series look interesting enuff, I'll just try to get the first vol somwhere cheap to test out. Smile
I rarely pay attention to reviews, like Vicious mentioned people have different taste. I'll read a sypnosis and to see what kind of show it is then watch a few episodes to see if I like it or not. In fact back when I really started getting into anime and was strictly a downloader I would decide what series to watch just by the title
i tend to read synopsis aswell! reviews can be helpful but people have very different tastes and opinions so its difficult to rely on!

best to rent it or download some eps

NB not always the case coz the 1st ep on Gungrave is poor compared to the ones ive seen (up to ep8) and it Rocks cant wait for its DVD boxset!!!
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
berserk isnt just about the blood and action it also has great loveable characters and an epic story that rivals lord of the rings!

He couldn't be more right, a lot of people around were I live that's heard of Berserk thinks it's nothing but killing, but it really goes a lot deeper than that, with Gatts' strugle to not only find & fullfill his own dream, but also to fullfill another man's dream, & still at the same times trying to make sure there's a balance between the two. When I sat back & thought about it, it kinda reminds me of Kingdom Herats, yes I do relize I'm retarded & probably the only one who can make that kind of connection, but still.

It's probably the God of all Anime in my oppion, with it's only draw backs being; A) Its ending, & B) Where the Hell is Puck? In the series does he not exsist? Or did I miss something there? For those of you who don't know who he/it is, he's an "elf" (more of a fae) from the manga, who join Gatts, but I didn't see him at all in the series, which sux because he's quite entertaining.

Also, another thing that one might not like about the be-gin-ding/ending, is after Gatts' charracter has developed SO much it doesn't show much about his final personality because where the show stops. If you really wanna know what it's about & don't mind spoilers, I attempted to write a review about it on my website, but that didn't go to well.

Peace Out To All, & To All A Good Day.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Quote:Originally posted by Batz Kage
Where the Hell is Puck? In the series does he not exsist? Or did I miss something there? For those of you who don't know who he/it is, he's an "elf" (more of a fae) from the manga, who join Gatts, but I didn't see him at all in the series, which sux because he's quite entertaining.

Puck isn't in the anime for the same reason that Skullknight isn't in the anime. It would leave too many things unanswered.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
True...sempai

and to be honest Puck annoys the hell outta me (mostly coz the dodgy dub on the DC game)

But i Skullknight would have rocked
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which version of Samurai Deeper KYO is better? jarjar111 24 10,629 05-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Last Post: rarnom
  Love Hina again- which one is better? nicechris 6 3,080 10-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Blight
  Which anime is better Mantis421 23 8,357 08-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Mantis421
  just for once DUB better than SUB gala 33 12,191 08-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Mantis421
  Extras? Or Better Video Quality? TheMarine 8 3,792 01-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Last Post: sanosuke
  What would be a better rip? Shinn Asuka 24 8,193 01-30-2003, 11:51 AM
Last Post: matthewmalay
  Complaining about HKDVD Subs? Or just want better subs... digitalAQUA 7 4,041 10-06-2002, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Steve_the_Talking_Pie
  Will A Better Version of Macross TV series be Released? OtakuMonster 1 2,271 07-22-2002, 02:02 PM
  Anime is like a women, it gets better with age..heh heh Steve_the_Talking_Pie 9 5,145 07-16-2002, 08:30 AM
  Which Tenchi Universe is better? +Pepsidude+ 1 1,731 07-03-2002, 07:06 PM