How many people HATE their X-Box?
No you just need any IDE harddrive.. From what i have heard the Xbox has a ATA33 controller so it doesn't matter what speed of harddrive you get the controller can put it to its max.. All you need to do is solder some points on the MB.. then load MechAssult or 007 Agent Under Fire.. with certain game hacks.. it will either boot a Evolution X dashboard or Linxu system which then you can flash the bios.. and from there you just back up you stuff since you can now boot with your own created install cd and then put what ever harddrive you want.. You can even put 137GB+ because they have LBA48 bit hacks for the Hacked bios's
I thought about buying a new xbox i kind fo screwed mine up a little from too much use in my second year of uni and probably the amounts of fag ash. It can run games but fmv's it struggles a little. sometimes if i leave a game in there and just turn it on. It does not read it (have to open, close it). I think the dvd drive feaked up.
Yes its probably messed up.. But i there is tutorials on how to open your Xbox DVD drives and adjust the dashpots on the Drive to make them work better.. or totally replace the drive with a new one.. There is alot of things you can do and lots of tutorials out there..
Okay, I keep reading and reading here about modding the XBox. I just skimmed this whole thread, and seems I was wrong about alot. For one I liked XBox Soul Calibur 2 more (Spawn is so cool). But anyway...

Can someone tell me more about this modding thing? Im really interested, I have so many emulators its stupid, and Id love to set up one on my XBox. Main questions I have are here.
1) Anyway to buy them already modded?
2) Anyway to buy them with the emulators already in them?
3) Whats the difference between it being modded and having emulators in it?
4) What systems currently can you have running on the XBox?
5) Where do you get the games?
6) How do you get the games?
7) Are the games up to date?
8) Kinda crazy I know, but is there anyway to buy the XBox already modded, emulators intact with games in it and everything, ready to go?
9) Anyone got any links? I saw one on this thread, XBox scene was it? Didnt much pay attention.

Oh, and I was considerring taking my XBox online. Or Live, as it was. Any good? People in stores rave about it, but their being paid to tell me its good. I mean cmon. Man tried to tell me NGage was good, and I later spent probably somewhere near a half an hour messing around on the menu with the controls trying to figure out how to get the game started.
Quote:Originally posted by NVash

Main questions I have are here.
1) Anyway to buy them already modded?

Yes there are some sites that sell them already modding.. I am not sure about cost or anything or have any links right now.. first try http://www.xbox-scene.com i am at work so don't have any other links for it.
2) Anyway to buy them with the emulators already in them?

I am not sure what people offer so i can't give you help.. But i do know that its easy to transfer all you roms to the Xbox so you wouldn't actually have to have them.. especially since you say you have a bunch already.
3) Whats the difference between it being modded and having emulators in it?

You are getting confused here.. Modded means you have modified it so that it can run Executables (xbe's on the xbox) that are not signed by microsoft.. This allows you to run Homebrew software that people have created with teh Xbox SDK. Emulators are generally ones that have been ported.. If you wish to see a list go to http://www.xbins.org and go to the Emulators section.
4) What systems currently can you have running on the XBox?
Again look at http://www.xbins.org go to the Full List and look at the emulators section
5) Where do you get the games?
6) How do you get the games?
Your favorite method.. IRC, P2P clients Bittorrent.. what every method you perfer to try..
7) Are the games up to date?
What you mean by this.. ? yes new roms are released when they are avaiable.. like new GBA games and such.. but NES/SNES you can get full packs since there are no new games being made for them..
8) Kinda crazy I know, but is there anyway to buy the XBox already modded, emulators intact with games in it and everything, ready to go?
Again not sure where to look.. I do all my own modding and i get everything myself
9) Anyone got any links? I saw one on this thread, XBox scene was it? Didnt much pay attention.
See what i previouly said..
Oh, and I was considerring taking my XBox online. Or Live, as it was. Any good? People in stores rave about it, but their being paid to tell me its good. I mean cmon. Man tried to tell me NGage was good, and I later spent probably somewhere near a half an hour messing around on the menu with the controls trying to figure out how to get the game started.

If you are considering going online you will need a mod chip and have the Original bios put onto so you can select different bios's otherwise you will be banned if you try to log onto Live with a hacked bios.. Right JJ? ;o)

But they say live is popular but less then 5% of the Installer user base is subscribed on to Live services between M$ and Sony.. So i wouldn't say that its too popular IMHO. then again i have played almost 8 years of MMORPG's and well i hate online gaming right now..
http://www.premodded.com/catalog/product...fc1f6460df

Its a UK company that sells them with everything on. They also have a CD will the BIOS etc. on it.

Shcultz: is there away to get the dvd rom drive multiregion withtou completely modding the xbox? ( i just want a quick way) OR have i still got to mess around witht he OS?
Quote:Originally posted by Metier9

Shcultz: is there away to get the dvd rom drive multiregion withtou completely modding the xbox? ( i just want a quick way) OR have i still got to mess around witht he OS?

Yes if you have MechAssult game you can put a gamesave file onto a card if you can access it or have like a Xbox to USB cable.. which when loading this will Replace Xbox Live with Evolution X which launches a EvoX dashboard from here you can ftp stuff into your xbox and put a DVDX2 program which makes it region free.. You only have to use Xbedump to sign the program with the habibi key if i remember right..