How many people HATE their X-Box?
its the otherway around in the UK.
They had to stop makign gamecubes at one point because they were not selling. You walk into most game shops over here and GC only has 1 rack.

Microsoft went to Seattle Computer Products, a company they already were working with, and bought an Operating System called SCP-DOS, or Q-DOS for $ 50.000.
Schultz: Ignore Metier9's summing up of the UK GBA situation - it is extremely popular. The two Pokemon games topped the multi-format charts on release.

However, the Gamecube is in third place in the UK (Gamecube production was stopped worldwide) and two well known high street chains have stopped stocking it. The recent price drop has boosted sales, but I fear it's too late for the Cube in the UK. Nintendo did itself no favours when it screwed the UK with the N64.

The Xbox is widely available in the UK (certainly doing better than in Japan, which, of course, you know all about Smile ) and is attractively priced. I think it's safely in (UK) second place although that means nothing in the face of Sony's dominance.

As with the Sega Megadrive/Genesis, it's primarily the US that is keeping the Xbox afloat, but the success of Xbox Live has led to the UK embracing the machine.

Nokia claims that it has shifted 400,000 units though it has been suggested that this figure refers to the number passed onto retailers rather than sold to consumers. An actual figure of 500 sold in the UK has been floated, but the figure could be higher if you take into account mobile phone deals/packages. I saw one woman with one in my local games store, but she didn't seem interested in buying Tomb Raider or Pandemonium...

Berserker Yes, Resident Evil: Survivor 2 Code Veronica was released in early 2002. I never knew it wasn't released in the US.
dixons and currys have although they basically are the same company.
o yer on the GBA its just that i only know 2 mates that have them. I did own the first GB.
Well after reading thru the all this, I have this to say...
Figures don't but do lie (unless you are Enron) While yes the Sony
is top dog and it was due to three things.
1. Backwards comp..
2. A DVD player (even if it was a crapy one)
3. GTA 3

But while the apperance of X-box maybe the #2 system the figures
clearly show that GC is in 2nd. And why I say figures "don't but do" lie.
If someone were to look at X-box sells at the BX (Wal-mart) in the last month. You would see a huge jump in sales. But after some careful research would discover that all those X-boxes were modded and the retail sales of xbox games have dropped.

And since M$ doesn't make a dime off X-box sells means that they are losing money.

Can any one post a url to a article on current money lost due to modding and that sort
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
From what I can tell, Metier9 is pulling "facts" out of thin air to support his strong fanboy beliefs. I'm not sure who mislead him to believe that there was ever any connection between the early Microsoft and early Apple but I haven't been able to find any facts to back that up.

Metier9, why don't you support your statements with links to news stories or sales charts or articles on respected sites? I find your assertations amazing and if you had some way to back them up I would be in your debt for correcting the years of schooling I've had in computers.

With regards to GBA outselling everything else, I'm not surprised. The SP model is still relatively recent and is one of the coolest handhelds ever made. Couple that with the price drop in the regular GBA and you should expect them to sell like hotcakes. I'm interested to see where the sales figures will be a year from now.
Any friendly wagers for who will be the top of the chart in sales?
I don't expect any new systems to throw things out of balance within the next 12 months. Will PS2 hold it's place as top dog in the console market? Can the GBA continue to outsell the consoles?
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
IMB didnt make the mouse, nor GUI... Microsoft was in business way before Apple was created... if you guys watched any programs regarding Bill Games and Apple creator guy, u would all know about this computer user group where the apple creator guy got his start... and where Bill Gates sent a anti piracy letter because those people used to share MS's software for free....

the inventor for the mouse is Doug Engelbart, he was the one that pretty much invented the home PC... do a search on him and read up on this guys archivements... he invented window interface too
http://www.digidome.nl/dos1.htm

there you go. but there was also a film/documntary sort of harsh up thing
"pirates of the silicon valley".

just a side note. GTA 3 + vice city. are beign relaeased on the xbox and it is offical before someone starts mouthing off. The contract who sony had with (what the ever the stupdi comp is called(i dont own gta 3 pc) only last 12 months and once that ends its being made for xbox as the company is nto stuck to a contract and bascially they screwed over sony the company.

P.s. insert commoners + fstops above ^ lol

http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto/
Quote:Originally posted by Metier9
http://www.digidome.nl/dos1.htm

there you go. but there was also a film/documntary sort of harsh up thing
"pirates of the silicon valley".

just a side note. GTA 3 + vice city. are beign relaeased on the xbox and it is offical before someone starts mouthing off. The contract who sony had with (what the ever the stupdi comp is called(i dont own gta 3 pc) only last 12 months and once that ends its being made for xbox as the company is nto stuck to a contract and bascially they screwed over sony the company.

P.s. insert commoners + fstops above ^ lol

http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto/

yes that was the film/doc it was boring as hell.. I watched it somewhere in a hotel room when i was joining the military..

And second who cares if GTA is coming to Xbox who hasn't already played the shit outta it on the PS2 that would want to get it on the Xbox? The Xbox needs titles that will make people want to buy it.. (I can name one Ninja Gaiden) but like for me.. Mario Kart DD and Mario Party 5 would make me get a gamecube if i didn't already have one.. I love games like that where i can invite my friends over and kick there ass's in a nice fun enjoyable game.. but maybe because i am 24 married and have a daughter thats 10 months old.. who knows but i know i have always been more interested in those games and ones that actually have great story lines.. then anything like GTA..
you should of seen the joy/ piss takes in the offical xbox mag(uk) when an xbox game made it into the top 50 or 20 lol. it was funny to read.
i think one reason why the xbox is having trouble in japan is:
1: US makes most action games
2: Europe makes most stratergy/war sims
3: Japan makes hte most RPG.

So the lack of RPG is why its takgin so long to get the xbox off the ground.
l had a X-box and l liked Halo but sold it after a month, might get one again for Halo 2 but there's nothin l really want or like.
Quote:Originally posted by Metier9
you should of seen the joy/ piss takes in the offical xbox mag(uk) when an xbox game made it into the top 50 or 20 lol. it was funny to read.
i think one reason why the xbox is having trouble in japan is:
1: US makes most action games
2: Europe makes most stratergy/war sims
3: Japan makes hte most RPG.

So the lack of RPG is why its takgin so long to get the xbox off the ground.

What you mean getting off the ground.. The Xbox in Japan is 6 feet under with a nice Large RIP sign above it.. And trust me on this one i am in Japan right now..

Also it looks like Xbox next will probably use a PowerPC chip from IBM .. since they just signed a deal with IBM.. this will probably break all backwards compatability.. are they stupid or something.. That was one of the major selling points of the Ps2.. if you wish to read..
http://www.xbox-scene.com
Yes it seems to be a major selling point these days to be "backwards compatability.. " I think GC2 will have backwards compatability but for the Xbox to cut there selves off is dumb. Hell look at all the trouble Sony is going thru to make the PS3 backwards compatabal. Hiring emulator creators to set it up.

I really hate the fact that M$ held back Halo on the PC because Halo 2 wans't read. Because they know Halo on PC would be the better way to play the game...
Yer i saw about that IBM thing:
http://www.eetimes.com/sys/news/OEG20031103S0060

ATI is gonna make the graphics chip aswell. I dont know about that chip it was an article in in an xbox mag.

one funny thign microsoft does nto seem to care about the modded xbox's and emulators floating about for it. I ahve not modded my one yet Sad . I think you can get PS1 emulator and Ps2, not sure about GC. Basically ever emultaor for PC you can get for the xbox.
You can get emulators for Ps1 yes.. But there is no emulator for Ps2 or GC yet.. Trust me i read xbox-scene and xbins.org which has all the binaries for the Xbox.. and i have like 2 boxes modded and i do some modding on teh side its actually really easy to do the software style mod.. ;o) just need Mechassult or 007 Auf games..
You also need good friends that buy those games form your rivals
and take away there only modding advantage they had over you... Right schultz.... he he

No on a real note the modded x-box is now a staple in my life. having my mom live with me and having all the Bombermans from NES thru N64 maens Morgy doesn't spend his money on any more crappy games like Shrek living large.....