How many people HATE their X-Box?
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe

theres way too many things that modded xbox is capable of to list, so I wont... I'll go back to playing Final Fantasy Tactics on my GBA emulator on my xbox Wink

I will just play it on my Gameboy Player for GC.. still get to play it on the tv now that Liz is done with Golden Sun: The lost age..

Also i guess it must of been my area.. but hardly anyone that i knew had a genesis.. Also any games i did play on it sucked big time compared to the Snes. Some of my favorite games are still on teh nes and snes consoles.. Also the thing i remember most about the Genisis is the system with the most Addons that flopped..
But to get back to the subject that was posted.. I personally hate the Xbox it is nothing Innovating.. I mean its just a IBM PC just with a stripped optimized Win2k OS and using DirectX as its graphics library.. Just customized since it knows what hardware is in the system.. Nothing like PC world.. All the games could easily be ported to Windows for people to play on PC.. but M$ don't want that because then there is no reason to buy an Xbox..

What i do love about Xbox is making a cheap PC so that i can hook it up to my tv to watch movies.. Play emulators out there and such.. I had planned on buildiing such a computer with a MiniATX case and some small processors just to do the job but of course i couldn't do it as cheap as just buying a Xbox especially at $179.. So thats what i love about the Xbox.. Nothing about there games or anything of that nature..

Also M$ is the only company that can keep a system out for a few years and never turn a Profit in it and still think they can win the market.. Last time i read they lost 300million in the Home Entertainment section.. Wonder how much they lost now since Modding is getting more and more popular..
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz
I will just play it on my Gameboy Player for GC.. still get to play it on the tv now that Liz is done with Golden Sun: The lost age..

Who are you calling "Liz"?!?!?!
Besides, as soon as I get the Lunar Legend for GBA...I'll want to use the TV.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Hey Shchutz, how do the SNK ( NEO GEO) games run on the X-box, and where is the best place to already buy a premoded X-box.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
I haven't tried them yet.. I have mostly tried Snes/Nes/n64 so far.. (Just got done with a base wide exercise so didn't have a chance to touch them at all) And i am not sure about whats the best place to buy a pre-modded one.. Since i had a guy locally do mine.. and then i researced it to do it.. And in all reality you don't need a mod chip to mess with it.. there are ways to do it software only.. Read some Tuts at http://www.xbox-scene.com
While everyone is going on about what great graphics the X-Box has, I'd like to point out that most reviewers pick the PS2 for better control on multiplatform releases.
I'll be the first to admit that the X-Box looks better on the screen but no matter how good a game looks, the control is what matters to me. I personally feel that Sony hit upon perfection when they created the PS2 Dual Shock controller. I've even got one hooked up to my PC for playing emulated games when the urge hits me.

The other reason I'll always stand up for my PS2 is that they have more innovative games than the other consoles. Particularly when it comes to music type games. I am bummed that I can't play KOTOR or Viewtiful Joe on my PS2 but I am placated by the presence of Amplitude, DDRMax, ICO, Gran Tourismo, Rez, and a handful of other games that only appear on my PS2.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
While everyone is going on about what great graphics the X-Box has, I'd like to point out that most reviewers pick the PS2 for better control on multiplatform releases.
I agree with you on that one that is why i can't stand to Play tomb raider no matter how good it looks that game has the shittest controls.

I'll be the first to admit that the X-Box looks better on the screen but no matter how good a game looks, the control is what matters to me. I personally feel that Sony hit upon perfection when they created the PS2 Dual Shock controller. I've even got one hooked up to my PC for playing emulated games when the urge hits me.
Its also not about what the system can do.. Its about how well the developers decide to go with it and make it look nice for different platforms.. Look at the Remake of RE.. OMG is that gorgeous!

I personally can't stand the PS2 Controller because they are too small.. My hands get cramped up and my fingers start to hurt after holding down the buttons for a while like when playing race car games..

The other reason I'll always stand up for my PS2 is that they have more innovative games than the other consoles. Particularly when it comes to music type games. I am bummed that I can't play KOTOR or Viewtiful Joe on my PS2 but I am placated by the presence of Amplitude, DDRMax, ICO, Gran Tourismo, Rez, and a handful of other games that only appear on my PS2.
Yes there are a few nice titles.. But i really don't think anything that is Innovative.. And the majority of your Ps2 titles are Pure junk because anything and everything gets put onto that system.. So you do get alot of shit titles.. And if any company is innovative i would more Say Sega or Nintendo are for there games then Sony is..
I personally feel that Sony hit upon perfection when they created the PS2 Dual Shock controller.

Nope, the PS controller is total crap compared to the Saturn Control, which is IMO THE BEST controller of ALL TIME.
Cool... now we're entering the controller flame wars.
The PS controller is the first that I was ever able to play four hours straight without my hands cramping up and without me geting confused as to which button does what.

I also think that most games put out for ALL consoles are crap. There is only a short list of very good titles on any platform that make it stand out.

X-Box seems to be king of the sports games with HALO and KOTOR thrown in for good measure. It also has the best graphics capabilities of any of the current consoles.

PS2 seems to have the best RPGs available and most of the music games with Gran Tourismo and a few other key games holding things down for it.

I'm not as well researched with the GameCube but from what I hear Zelda and Viewtiful Joe alone make the system worth owning.

Each system has it's strengths and they each have their incredible library of crap to go along with it. The cool thing is that we get to make our choices of which is best for us based on those strengths and which games we most want to play.

Now if only Gran Tourismo had vehicular damage... it would be the perfect game then.
evilomar asked
Quote:Hey Shchutz, how do the SNK ( NEO GEO) games run on the X-box, and where is the best place to already buy a premoded X-box.

Since getting my X-box modded (oh and I didn't give a single cent to M$ because I bought everything used) I have noticed that most of the older SNK games play great but newer ones like AOF3 and Last Blade won't run due to not enough RAM (only 64 for now at least)

As for the X-box anything that is good for comes after you mod it. The best First Party system is GC, for variety that goes to PS2 (got weed thru the junk to find a dimond in the ruff though) as a computer the X-box rocks.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
Nope, the PS controller is total crap compared to the Saturn Control, which is IMO THE BEST controller of ALL TIME.

Oh yeah, preach on! Big Grin

Really the main thing I do not like about the Playstation controller is the D-pad...and button placement when I'm playing some Capcom fighter that uses 6-buttons. I can get used to it, but nothing compare to a Sega Saturn or Dreamcast (import) 6-button controller.
personally i think the snes controller was bitchin, but the n64 controller was probably the best. the gamecube one has its moments but it also has great flaws.

nintendo all the way baby!
see you space cowboy...
mayday mayday, the fanboys have hijacked the thread...

run for your lives! :eek:
Never is ever forever...

[Image: inuyasha.gif]
I had always found the N64 controller to be the worst I've ever used.
My grown up hands always get cramped when using it and there is no possible way to use all the buttons without moving one hand between the centre with the joystick and back out to the outside.

I will tip my hat to the old SNES controllers as being some of the first rugged controllers on the market. Up till then, all controllers I'd had my hands on broke with alarming regularity.

Of course my favourite controller, the PS2 controller, took some design cues from that SNES controller but added those great vibrators for shock value, larger extensions for hands to rest on, and most importantly dual analog sticks. For an all purpose controller, I can't name any that I would rather use.
I still think the worst controller title goes to the 3DO...good lord, you had to use one of the middle on some of the games because it only had 5 buttons normally...and that D-pad was really stiff.

Quote:Originally posted by NYxCalm
mayday mayday, the fanboys have hijacked the thread...

run for your lives! :eek:

lol. You think this is bad...try the GameFAQs message boards. :p