Import Anime Forums

Full Version: How many people HATE their X-Box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just wondering if their are other people who also regret buying an X-box. I bought mine a couple of months after Sega announced they were done with Dreamcast, which i've never recovered from. I assumed the xbox would take over from there really, doing the types of games and graphics i'd always dreamed of.
Sadly that hasn't been the case. Instead what I got was an advanced system with no worthwhile 3rd party support, 2 decent fighters in 2 years (DOA3/ Soul Caliber 2), and a shitload of bad clones of racers,fps shooters, & extreme sports crap. The fact that the only titles released for xbox by my favorite company CAPCOM, are pure shit has me ready to chuck this thing in the garbage. No SNK. Another years wait for Ninja Gaiden. No Resident Evil. No Guilty Gear 4. Half the games have PS2 graphics (Medal of Honor).
I imagine PC fans love this system, but what about the arcade gamers?Am I alone in this feeling?
get it modded and u will feel alot better, look at Schultz, he hates M$ and Xbox, but owns 2 modded Xbox and loving it Wink
Well nope not now.. I didn't use the xbox my wife won for over a year because i won't and still won't play any purcahsed games.. i still don't mind downloading and playing them.. Just as long as M$ don't get my money.. but other then that.. I now play old NES games, SNES, N64, i can even play PS1 games on it.. And besides that i got a nice movie player since i download alot of anime off the internet.. So its easy to stream from my computers that i keep everything stored on..
Its really easy to mod also.. or you can purchase mod chips that you just put in.. No sauldering at all.. (Sp?)
I wish the PS2 were so easy to mod.

I hadn't even heard about people running emulators on their X-Box systems. It sounds almost worth picking one of those things up now.

Or else get one of those cool GP32 units.

Too bad X-Box has so few really top notch games. I'd love to play Knights of the Old Republic and Halo but those two games alone don't make a system worth buying.
But if you buy mod.. Then rent the games and save them to the harddrive and play them from there you are good to go.. Lol.. And the Xbox is just a IBM PC with stuff needing signed to run.. Unless its modded.. Then you can run anything people have wrote for it.. check out http://www.xbins.org which has all the stuff you can get for Xbox.. ;o)

Also the Xbox did leave off right where the Dreamcast left.. with the availiability of Emulators for it etc.. just the Xbox has more power under its hood for processors and such.. And does everyone know why it was so easy for all this stuff to come out for dreamcast? it was running Windows CE as it's main OS.. ;o) Thanks M$ for making it so easy.
I'm getting it modded, but lets be honest, the system doesn't get much better. Great emutalors, but you can do that to your PC and dreamcast (and have). The only real bonus in getting the system modified is for bootleg games. The problem is after its modified you've thrown away an additional $60.00 to $100.00 dollars on something you've already wasted $250.00 to $300.00 on.
Well i do the modding myself and here it only costs $30 if a guy was to do it.. Also the other fact.. I hate playing Emulators on my PC.. i don't know why.. every controller i have use seemed slow and unresponive.. I just couldn't get into the games.. but having it on my tv and playing it there for me its totally different.. and i guess i don't play really any games on the Pc.. i don't even like watching movies on it.. Another great thing i use the Xbox for.. Media Player..
whenever anyone uses M$, I love pointing to this:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?da...7-22&res=h

And to badmouth X-Box and 'M$', I also like to point to this:

http://www.toastyfrog.com/features/featu...s_04.shtml

As for the next Gen consoles, I have this to say. The only thing you have to look to in any Next gen console is the 1st party games, considering most companies will have all MAJOR games released on all three systems (except for a few games like Final Fantasy, but they haven't exactly been up to snuff recently). The only thing left is the 1st party support as they are the truly original games that are being released. That being said, Sony's arsenal is mostly hack work from my stance, with it's really large, but not all that impressive catalog of games. Gamecube has done a good job of impressing me, but the amount of good games for GC is about on par with X-Box. Considering I own none and just play my friends' consoles, you'd have to enlighten me on why you are so unsatisfied with each individual game, and what a worthy counterpart on another console would be :p

Lastly, I don't think microsoft's business practices automatically make Linux or Mac OS that much of a better counterpart. As far as I can tell, while Mac OS runs a bit faster, there are far less programs available for it (and I'm not talking about warez, but games, Indie software and the like). The same goes for Linux. As far as I remember, people said that Linux was supposed to be so much more stable and secure, but after running many different OSes, I found XP to be sufficiently stable (as in, I don't need to turn my computer off, unless I want to let my comp cool down, which happens either on hot days or after a few days of running). As for security, XP is a security hazard, becuase people put stupid shit on their computer, get spyware lodged in their browser (by hitting 'OK' mind you) and all sorts of bad things happen because they don't know how to manage their computer. My processor is 3 years old, and it still runs faster than most people's new computers because they don't know how to manage them. To tie X-box in this argument, you do realize who Microsoft's main competitors are, right? I already posted the Nintendo article, as for Sony, they are just as despicable as Nintendo in that respect, if not more so. Where Nintendo would have a shortage of cartridges, Sony had a shortage of consoles...and still built them badly. Personally, I don't see how anyone can complain about Microsoft getting their money, but willingly give their money to either Nintendo or Sony...
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
I wish the PS2 were so easy to mod.

There is a swap CD thingie out now, which doesn't require any internal soldering or anything like that.

http://www.psxdepot.com/ps2slidecard.htm

Not sure how well it works though, but I might try it out eventually.

About the X-box, it seems to mainly be the sports gamer's console of choice, as my friend always points out. I don't have an X-box, but the their are a few games that I would like to try out...about 3...well, when Ninja Gaiden comes out...4.
Vicnuts that's the risk you take by being an early adopter and, no offence meant, by not doing some research.

The only consoles I buy blindly are Nintendo's with the exception of the Virtual Boy.

I only ever wanted a PS2 for MGS2 so waited a year after the UK release of the machine before even thinking of buying it. Thankfully, a lot more games to my taste started to emerge at that time.

I've been the owner of an Xbox for a month and it was the console purchase I had to think most about without a doubt. The only game I wanted was Halo and I knew that was coming to PC anyway (along with several others). If the machine had more true exclusives rather than 'here first' exclusives, i.e. Halo, KOTOR, I guess the decision wouldn't have been so hard.

Anyway, a couple of games that I am interested in were on the horizon - Ninja Gaiden, Fable - and a good deal came my way so I took the plunge and bought an Xbox. I also adopted the line of thinking that I would purchase 3D action adventures for the Xbox since I don't use a gamepad with my PC.

So far I'm more than happy with it. There are also plenty of second-hand games around so I don't have to spend vast amounts of money either. Also, I now get to choose from three versions when a multi-format title is released.

Still getting KOTOR on PC, however. A recent report stated that the PC version gets all the upgrades that won't be available until next year on Xbox Live. Plus anything else that does get released on Live first will be made available as a patch.
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
Also, I now get to choose from three versions when a multi-format title is release.

Yeah, that's another thing that I forgot to point out about the reason why I would want an X-box. Usually they get the best version of a game if it released on all 3 consoles...with the exception of a few games...Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance with it's fatal Frost bug...and I think there were some more. I'm pretty sure Max Payne on X-box looks far superior to the PS2 version though.
Quote:Originally posted by Berserker
Yeah, that's another thing that I forgot to point out about the reason why I would want an X-box. Usually they get the best version of a game if it released on all 3 consoles...with the exception of a few games...Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance with it's fatal Frost bug...and I think there were some more. I'm pretty sure Max Payne on X-box looks far superior to the PS2 version though.

Well the Soul Caliber II is better on the GameCube then the Ps2 and Xbox games..

Also to Kak about the post on Nintendo.. i wouldn't post that because that guy is an Idiot on 75% of the shit he talks about.. Genisis was never that big.. And Sega CD fell through the floor.. It didn't even have a chance to go against Snes.. I will admit some faults with Virtual Boy and N64 which i still loved that system.. And outta recent systems GC is the only library i think with any decent games in them. Granted i don't like Sports at all. so thats outta the question.. and second.. I just remember M$ just bought Rare from who? Nintendo.. nintendo didn't want them any more and the only way for M$ to try and get companys soly on there system they have to buy them. Not very practicle.. And secondly Nintendo basically saved the home console industry in america..
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz
Well the Soul Caliber II is better on the GameCube then the Ps2 and Xbox games..

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that, and it shows in sales from what I hear. Hopefully I'll have copy soon. ^_^
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz

Genisis was never that big..

It was huge...in the US.

Basically, the US with back-up from the UK and Europe kept the Genesis (it was known as the MegaDrive everywhere else) and Sega alive. Being first off the starting blocks helped, but the demand for Sega's machine was incredible. The introduction of Madden and other US sports games was pivotal to the console's success and then there was Sonic...

Even though they had to wait a bit longer, Japanese gamers couldn't get enough of the Super Famicom (SNES) and the MegaDrive suffered in its native country.

Sonic wasn't to my taste and so I was a committed SNES man.
a comment about the Xbox version are always better if the game is released on multiplatforms, thats not 100% true... it all depends on the maker of the game... alot of the times the maker will just take the bottom denominator of all 3 consoles and have the game be like that, thus being practically the same on every console without taking advantace of what other consoles have to offer, alot of games on Xbox are just like PS2, since they just ported it and thats it thats all,

a few games on the other hand to get reworked to take advantage of Xbox's hardware, and those games make it worth while, I cant wait for Dead or Alive Online game to come out... the remake of DOA 1 and 2, and DOA 2 remake is literaly remade, build on Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball engine with crapload of other extras added etc etc.... it looks better than DOA3, and DOA3 which was the flag ship game for the xbox (over 2 years ago) still beats anything that comes on the market, (Mortal Kombat and Tao Feng games are a joke, SOul Calibur, didnt like it too much at all... I'll try the dometic game (been playing import for 6 months) but it doesnt apeal to me.. DOA has way better graphics and moves, countermoves etc etc... while soul calibur likes kinda washed out, textures so bright... and moves suck... hard to do counters etc etc...

and the collecting of weapons and stuff? if i want to "build up" i would go play an RPG ;p

anyhow, my point is... Xbox is the most flexable console (i own all 3) it gets most use, PS2 collecting dust... gamecube.... my mom plays animal crossing.. thats about it...

so... the moral of this story is, get xbox, get it modded with 120+ gig harddive, and u'll get alot out of the system (play PS1 games on it! how great is that!!!)

also, like Schultz mentioned about emulators, u guys remember the light gun games for SNES SEGA Nintendo... well u can play with using xbox light gun!

theres way too many things that modded xbox is capable of to list, so I wont... I'll go back to playing Final Fantasy Tactics on my GBA emulator on my xbox Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6