How many people HATE their X-Box?
If wanna know thebest console go find the interview with the head of id software where he slags off the GC and Ps2 Big Grin

p.s. Id software sets the industry standards pretty much

+ new games are gonna be heading towards doom 3 power and GC + ps2 are too underpowered to run it, so they are ****ed in a year. + xbox 2 is comign out before nintendo's and sonys next gen consoles Smile
http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/200...index.html
What amazes me is that people continue to believe that because a console is the most powerful available that makes it the best available.

Just look at the Game Boy vs. Atari Lynx or Neo Geo Pocket. Game Boy is still around because of all the games (even if 99.9% of them suck rocks).

Look at anything Sega launched after the Genesis. They were always bleeding edge and even had some good games but not the marketing clout needed to play against Sony and the big N.

One side note before I continue my system rant. Id software was cutting edge once upon a time. They haven't had any serious presence in the market for the last few years now. Sure they make some of the best 1st person shooters out there but that's it. They're a one trick pony. Nowhere near the depth of companies like EA, SCEA, Nintendo, or Sega. It's nice to see them pushing the envelope using the technology available but their games still play the same.

Back to the systems. I've said it before and I'll say it again, X-box just doesn't have enough top grade games yet compared to the other systems. It launched with Halo which is a great game and almost worth picking up the system for. I understand that the sports games are best on the X-Box but I wouldn't know because I don't play any of them. Recently they've added KOTOR to their line up and that also makes me itnerested in the system.
Two years on the market and two top notch exclusive games to play. I'm guessing this is the reason Microsoft had to cut their X-Box staff in Japan by over 90% a few months back and the Japanese sales are almost non-existent (the PS1 continues to outsell the X-Box in Japan).

So... to end my rant... what really matters with ANY system is more than how powerful it is, it's the games that are available and whether or not people will want to play them. If the X-Box starts coming out with more innovative, exclusive, top notch games then I expect they'll stop losing money for Microsoft.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Quote:Originally posted by Metier9
If wanna know thebest console go find the interview with the head of id software where he slags off the GC and Ps2 Big Grin

+ new games are gonna be heading towards doom 3 power and GC + ps2 are too underpowered to run it, so they are ****ed in a year. + xbox 2 is comign out before nintendo's and sonys next gen consoles Smile

You might wanna re read a lot.. Ms hasn't even anounced anything for the Xbox 2 or Next or what ever you want to call it.. Most people have mad guess's.. The only thing that has happend is Microsoft has talked with IBM about making a Chip possibly thats all.. Sony probably won't make it for Fall 2005 with there next system.. And nintendo is going to work on getting there system out before or at the same time as Sony and with alot of 3rd party support.. So nintendo is really going to change how they do things instead of trying to do it mostly all in house.. And second.. yea Doom 3 may come to Xbox but it will be no where near what its going to be on the Computer.. When doom3 puts the lengths of modern systems with latest ATI graphics cards and 2ghz + systems there is no way it can be what it can on the Xbox.. since all the Geforce and ATI are well beyond what the Xbox has in it now..

And the last part.. Microsoft has yet to clear a profit out of the xbox.. yea there consoles sales might be up.. because people want to Mod them.. and get all the mediocre games on them because they can.. So what you need to look at is Software sales not Colsole sales.. like me i have gotten 2 xboxs but haven't boughted any games except two olds one i use to mod the Xbox.. and those will be the only games i will buy.. Because everything else is really junk. Even look the Soul Calibur II for Gamecube outsolde the Ps2's for a while even though the ps2 has a larger user base.. And no one even talks about the Xbox one.. because its the worst of the 3..
http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/200...index.html

I'm curious... this article is two years old and you didn't post any link for that interview with the head of id that you mentioned. What are you trying to point out with these posts?

If you want numbers to back up what you're saying, check out THIS CHART to see how all the systems are doing for sales. These are North American sales figures. They don't say how good a game is or any other qualitative statement. All they point out is how many are sold.
I think it's interesting that PS2 continues to outsell the X-Box by a margin of almost 2:1. From a sales standpoint, that's very hard to recover from.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
What amazes me is that people continue to believe that because a console is the most powerful available that makes it the best available.

Just look at the Game Boy vs. Atari Lynx or Neo Geo Pocket. Game Boy is still around because of all the games (even if 99.9% of them suck rocks).

Look at anything Sega launched after the Genesis. They were always bleeding edge and even had some good games but not the marketing clout needed to play against Sony and the big N.

One side note before I continue my system rant. Id software was cutting edge once upon a time. They haven't had any serious presence in the market for the last few years now. Sure they make some of the best 1st person shooters out there but that's it. They're a one trick pony. Nowhere near the depth of companies like EA, SCEA, Nintendo, or Sega. It's nice to see them pushing the envelope using the technology available but their games still play the same.

Back to the systems. I've said it before and I'll say it again, X-box just doesn't have enough top grade games yet compared to the other systems. It launched with Halo which is a great game and almost worth picking up the system for. I understand that the sports games are best on the X-Box but I wouldn't know because I don't play any of them. Recently they've added KOTOR to their line up and that also makes me itnerested in the system.
Two years on the market and two top notch exclusive games to play. I'm guessing this is the reason Microsoft had to cut their X-Box staff in Japan by over 90% a few months back and the Japanese sales are almost non-existent (the PS1 continues to outsell the X-Box in Japan).

So... to end my rant... what really matters with ANY system is more than how powerful it is, it's the games that are available and whether or not people will want to play them. If the X-Box starts coming out with more innovative, exclusive, top notch games then I expect they'll stop losing money for Microsoft.

Exactly its what companys do with the console and the games.. and if microsoft has to buy companies to get them to solely develop on them them (rare) they won't get very far..

Second like i said earlier even thought Xbox is "technically better" why is Soul Calibur II best on the Gamecube because they put alot into it.. Also Miyamoto helped overlook it and gave Namco help with working on the Gamecube.. Also if anyone wishes to read about what nintendo is planning read here..

http://www.egmmag.com/article2/0,4364,1364727,00.asp

I really think Nintendo has learned from the later mistakes and that they are going to be something to contend with in there next system..

As Zagatto already said ID deals with FPSs. It sets the industry standard for 3D engines and nothing else (Doom III is a remake of Doom). However, the DIII engine is now up against the HL2 engine so it remains to be seen who will become the standard bearer. It'll probably ID, but who knows?

Judging by your post you come across as a hopeless fanboy and not a gamer - it's the games that matter, not the platform.

Schultz: I don't know about the SCII Xbox being the worst version. I thought the PS2 was in third place because as well as having a poor exclusive character it was also graphically weaker.

Nintendo still has a lot to learn. It's attitude towards Europe still stinks and it has to rid itself of this obsession with GBA link-up.

I think Microsoft has recovered well from it's early mistakes and I don't think it will fall into the same traps in the next round.

The Sony juggernaut will keep on rolling and I don't think it's attitude will change much - it will probably remain a case of separating the wheat from the chaff.
i cant bothered to read al that stuff but SC2 sold better in the first week, thats it. in the UK its been mainlt Ps2 on top then xbox then GC.

There has been xbox 2 annoucements-ish in the magazines over here in the uk.

O yer can someone check this fact so i got Uni work to do. But the GC can not do Vertel and Pixel shaders and somethign else.

EA is obvisouly the biggest because it has some many comps under its belt. Thats what i mean with Id everyone uses there engine's e.g. medal of honour.

I think the only thing HL2 engine has over the doom 3 engine is its physics engine. the graphics and AI dont seem that good. It looks all pre planned too much. The people who stole the code from Value (Big Lmao) compilied it and tried HL2 in some form and said the e3 vid is complete B*llshit.
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
[b]Schultz: I don't know about the SCII Xbox being the worst version. I thought the PS2 was in third place because as well as having a poor exclusive character it was also graphically weaker.[/B]

From the way I understand it, the X-box version has the best graphics for SC2 and PS2 has the worst. It's mainly about which character or controller you prefer though. I would rather choose Link or Spawn anyday, than Heihachi.

Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
Nintendo still has a lot to learn. It's attitude towards Europe still stinks and it has to rid itself of this obsession with GBA link-up.

Yeah, I know what you mean on the GBA link-up. I cannot stand how they made the "Four Swords" extra that was included with "A Link to the Past" only playable by multiplayer...and from what I understand they are releasing another Four Swords type Zelda game that requires multiplayer. *sigh* What about the loners?...like me... The GBA to Gamecube link-up is pretty cool though.

Did the Ocarina of Time/Master Quest extra get released in Europe?...just curious...

BTW, kinda off topic, but is it true that Resident Evil: Survivor 2 Code Veronica was released in Europe? I have heard that it was...it was never released in the US. *insert pissed RE fanboy face* I know the game probably sucks...but still...I would have bought it. :p

About Zagatto's sale's chart link...I am still in awe of how the GBA outsells the big gun systems by so much...it literally leaves the Gamecube in the dust...lol....amazing.

I think the only thing HL2 engine has over the doom 3 engine is its physics engine. the graphics and AI dont seem that good. It looks all pre planned too much. The people who stole the code from Value (Big Lmao) compilied it and tried HL2 in some form and said the e3 vid is complete B*llshit.

You know the one thing how you stated ID says about the Consels.. Like Zagatto says they are for FPS only.. and people like me and i know some other who don't care for them at all.. I like my RPG and Action/Adventure games. I can't wait for Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicals.. WITH my GBA hookup with my friends.. It will be nice to go through my menu's without pausing the screen or getting in the way of the other people.. But the thing is who doesn't own a GBA or go over to someones house who owns two? I know i have a regular and a Sp..
Also with there suppodely Xbox 2.. It will probably be a more beifed up PC.. running WinXP or Longhorn Kernal will get hacked again and we will have a nice cheap multimedia system again.. Microsoft is not Innovative at all.. Lets see Mac has always done the GUI and everything else first and then Microsoft just copies it..

Also for those that talk about Online gaming.. From the stuff i have read.. there is about 30 Million console user base.. (between Ps2 and Xbox) but guess what only 1.5 million subscribed to Online services? hum thats not very much for supposidly being the new thing to do.. Also most of all them are still on there 1 year free subscription or what ever they got when they first got there stuff.. to tell if online gaming is going to be great this upcoming year is what is going to make or break it really..

Also i don't know how Nintendo is in UK could you fill me in so i could be enlightened? ;o) more knowledge don't hurt..
alittle off the subject but MS owns a 1/3 of Apple. Over here GBA's are not that popular i know 2 people that own them only because of the thing you can buy and downlaod GBA games on to and play in ya GBA.
(no idea what its called). + Microsoft used to work for Apple, so i aint gonna say who made the GUI first. I thnk if i remember right IBM made the first mouse etc. so they might of had the first GUI.

Out of interest anyone tried the nokia thing. ITs not too bad, pricey but you get an mp3 player, decent games and phone in one. but is it worth the money hmmmm.
alittle off the subject but MS owns a 1/3 of Apple. Over here GBA's are not that popular i know 2 people that own them only because of the thing you can buy and downlaod GBA games on to and play in ya GBA.
(no idea what its called). + Microsoft used to work for Apple, so i aint gonna say who made the GUI first. I thnk if i remember right IBM made the first mouse etc. so they might of had the first GUI.

Out of interest anyone tried the nokia thing. ITs not too bad, pricey but you get an mp3 player, decent games and phone in one. but is it worth the money hmmmm.

Actually No you are totally wrong.. Microsoft never worked for Apple at all.. Steve Jobs is the one that created Apple.. Also Bill Gates and Paul Allen bought DOS from IBM to start Microsoft.. Apple created the first GUI when they created the Macintosh.. which hurt the company because now the two sides of Apple where competing with each other.. Seeing this Microsoft created Win 3.x which was just a Program addon to DOS (not an actual OS) Win95 was there first actually GUI Os well long after Macintosh had created theres..

And yea i know the Device you can use to do that.. Download a rom and install it to that.. I have looked at buying one but they are more then a Gameboy advance is..

And the N-Gage Sucks.. sales have shown that.. It maybe sold like 500 units its first 2 weeks.. Gba still out sold it by 30:1.. All the games have sub 5 ratings.. its at half best a phone.. since you have to talk with it on its side.. also you have to remove the battery pack to change teh cartridge.. And they already are having a price drop of $100 a few weeks after its release because it totally hasn't sold.. (O also people have been having problems like headaches and such because of the small screen and concentrating too hard on the psudo 3d graphics..)
They were doign work for apple before MS became MS. MS sold DOS to IBM and made it so BG + PA could sell it to other companies.
They were doign work for apple before MS became MS. MS sold DOS to IBM and made it so BG + PA could sell it to other companies.

You got it backwards.. IBM Sold DOS to M$ and they did not work for Apple.. I watch a special on the whole thing.. it was boring as fuck to sit through.. But i do know that IBM sold DOS to M$.. hence why they are still refered to as IBM Compatible.. then IBM worked on OS/2 which they never marketed Right.. but either way i am going to bed its.. 1am here where i am..

Also another note like Zagatto said.. there is NO sales of Xbox's you can't find new Xbox's in most stores unless they are large ones like Toys R Us.. and now you even see Gamecubes in the displays that where made for Xbox's.. Gotta love japan..