Man, it's been so long since I've seen any new R1 rips.
Anyone else waiting on Excel Saga, Berserk, GTO, Fruits Basket, His and Her Circumstances...

Man, what's up? I have a voracious need to consume more anime.
o-('-')-o HuG
|)0Y: 1337 5p34k 4n0nyM0u5
I'm waiting on Berserk and GTO myself. I think Beserk is finished sometime this month so an R1 rip should come out early June. GTO though has a few more volumes to go....

Personally, if I wasn't so much of a dub whore, i'd buy the MAC/MI rip of Berserk without thinking twice, but there ya go :mrgreen: Confusedweatdrop:
Welcome to my world.
I love dubs too. The only new thing out is Saber Marionette J. Tehy did a Hellsig rip not too far back as well.
Hmmm, I get the feeling with so many R1 series concluding their run on DVD in the next 1-2 months, that we'll get a rush of R1 rips.

Here's hopin' Smile .
Welcome to my world.
Or buy the actual R1's and support work where it is deserved.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Yeah, unfortunately the GTO rip will do me no good since I already own all of them. Steve, I usually do support R1's. Except with Viz. They just jack their prices up and try and rip us off. I'm surprised that they actually have a good price for Maison Ikkoku. the 1st 12 episodes are retailing for $49.99, which means you can probably get them in the $35 dollar range online. That's $3 per episode. That's damn good for Viz. By the way, July 1st.
I personally hate R1 rips. The whole reason I went to HK anime DVDs was to avoid things like Bandai's horrible subtitle jobs, ADVs overlayings and edits, and the outrages prices!
[Image: Cast7.txt]
so is the HK of berserk that bad that you want to get a new copy of it? Or is it just for the dub and minutely (sp) better subs?
I really doubt the subs on the R1 will be "much" better. :mrgreen: I bought an R1 rip of Ranma, and I am so happy! Viz deserves it. I will probably buy the entire R1 rip set when it is out. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Don't temp me. I was thinking about buying R1 ripped Ranma anyways. But they wouldn't release the proper season 6 too. Sad

I know you do Vicious, you're a big softee when it comes to R1 companies.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Already getting DivX from a friend who has a friend who's buying all the GTO DVDs. I myself already made a rip of Excel Saga into DivX from the R1s, and I'm going to make Berserk Rips next semester when I get back to campus.
my FX set of Lain is flawless, I dont see the point of buying the region ones when they're so expensive for so few DVDs. Using that as an example

BUT

I will buy them as they come out. As I"m doing with Neo Ranga and Argentosoma. When there is no good quality out I'll dab into R1 dvds.
Quote:Or buy the actual R1's and support work where it is deserved.
I agree with you. Wholeheartedly. However, while I will buy R1 OVA's and movies, (and before I discovered HK I bought quite a few complete R1 series', killing my bank account in the process) I don't quite have the funds to buy each and every R1 TV series in it's entireity that I like the look of. Not only that, but the cheap price point of HK DVD's allows me to indulge, to a certain extent, in series' that I wouldn't otherwise have bought in their R1 form.

Sometimes, if it's a particular anime that I really like, for instance, Gundam 0079, I will buy each DVD as they come out, simply because the HK version sucks and I don't want to wade through lines and lines of incomprehensible subtitles.

Just the way I feel man.... :|
Welcome to my world.
a lot of people have those dvdrs in dvd trding
theres nothing in this world to believe in
Meh, R1 dvds are in many cases a complete and total rip and an exploitation of a niche market. Why would I pay $90 for something like FLCL (150 mins) when comparative prices are at $45 for the whole season 1 of 24 (1200 mins.) Suggested retail prices on R1s combined with the average amount of running time is usually simply ridiculous. You can get LoTR special edition for $30, which has 3 hours 30 minutes play time plus tons of extras, and cost probably 20 times more to make than your average anime. A standard anime R1 usually has about 75-100 mins (a trigun or eva disc) for the same price. st00pid.

It's like vegetarian food. To get a garden burger it costs about $1.50 more for replacement components that are a tenth as cheap.

I'll seriously by strictly R1's when they retail their DVDs at $17-$20, which is what pretty much every other reasonable DVD on the planet costs. When I can find R1's for this reasonable or close and I want the series then I'll pick them up (I grabbed Cowboy Bebop R1's for $100, and the first 3 dvds of excel saga for $50.) As for going down to Media Play or Suncoast and picking up Escaflowne for $240, forget it.
o-('-')-o HuG
|)0Y: 1337 5p34k 4n0nyM0u5