Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Man, it's been so long since I've seen any new R1 rips.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Anyone else waiting on Excel Saga, Berserk, GTO, Fruits Basket, His and Her Circumstances...

Man, what's up? I have a voracious need to consume more anime.
I'm waiting on Berserk and GTO myself. I think Beserk is finished sometime this month so an R1 rip should come out early June. GTO though has a few more volumes to go....

Personally, if I wasn't so much of a dub whore, i'd buy the MAC/MI rip of Berserk without thinking twice, but there ya go :mrgreen: Confusedweatdrop:
I love dubs too. The only new thing out is Saber Marionette J. Tehy did a Hellsig rip not too far back as well.
Hmmm, I get the feeling with so many R1 series concluding their run on DVD in the next 1-2 months, that we'll get a rush of R1 rips.

Here's hopin' Smile .
Or buy the actual R1's and support work where it is deserved.
Yeah, unfortunately the GTO rip will do me no good since I already own all of them. Steve, I usually do support R1's. Except with Viz. They just jack their prices up and try and rip us off. I'm surprised that they actually have a good price for Maison Ikkoku. the 1st 12 episodes are retailing for $49.99, which means you can probably get them in the $35 dollar range online. That's $3 per episode. That's damn good for Viz. By the way, July 1st.
I personally hate R1 rips. The whole reason I went to HK anime DVDs was to avoid things like Bandai's horrible subtitle jobs, ADVs overlayings and edits, and the outrages prices!
so is the HK of berserk that bad that you want to get a new copy of it? Or is it just for the dub and minutely (sp) better subs?
I really doubt the subs on the R1 will be "much" better. :mrgreen: I bought an R1 rip of Ranma, and I am so happy! Viz deserves it. I will probably buy the entire R1 rip set when it is out. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Don't temp me. I was thinking about buying R1 ripped Ranma anyways. But they wouldn't release the proper season 6 too. Sad

I know you do Vicious, you're a big softee when it comes to R1 companies.
Already getting DivX from a friend who has a friend who's buying all the GTO DVDs. I myself already made a rip of Excel Saga into DivX from the R1s, and I'm going to make Berserk Rips next semester when I get back to campus.
my FX set of Lain is flawless, I dont see the point of buying the region ones when they're so expensive for so few DVDs. Using that as an example

BUT

I will buy them as they come out. As I"m doing with Neo Ranga and Argentosoma. When there is no good quality out I'll dab into R1 dvds.
Quote:Or buy the actual R1's and support work where it is deserved.
I agree with you. Wholeheartedly. However, while I will buy R1 OVA's and movies, (and before I discovered HK I bought quite a few complete R1 series', killing my bank account in the process) I don't quite have the funds to buy each and every R1 TV series in it's entireity that I like the look of. Not only that, but the cheap price point of HK DVD's allows me to indulge, to a certain extent, in series' that I wouldn't otherwise have bought in their R1 form.

Sometimes, if it's a particular anime that I really like, for instance, Gundam 0079, I will buy each DVD as they come out, simply because the HK version sucks and I don't want to wade through lines and lines of incomprehensible subtitles.

Just the way I feel man.... :|
a lot of people have those dvdrs in dvd trding
Meh, R1 dvds are in many cases a complete and total rip and an exploitation of a niche market. Why would I pay $90 for something like FLCL (150 mins) when comparative prices are at $45 for the whole season 1 of 24 (1200 mins.) Suggested retail prices on R1s combined with the average amount of running time is usually simply ridiculous. You can get LoTR special edition for $30, which has 3 hours 30 minutes play time plus tons of extras, and cost probably 20 times more to make than your average anime. A standard anime R1 usually has about 75-100 mins (a trigun or eva disc) for the same price. st00pid.

It's like vegetarian food. To get a garden burger it costs about $1.50 more for replacement components that are a tenth as cheap.

I'll seriously by strictly R1's when they retail their DVDs at $17-$20, which is what pretty much every other reasonable DVD on the planet costs. When I can find R1's for this reasonable or close and I want the series then I'll pick them up (I grabbed Cowboy Bebop R1's for $100, and the first 3 dvds of excel saga for $50.) As for going down to Media Play or Suncoast and picking up Escaflowne for $240, forget it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5