Man, it's been so long since I've seen any new R1 rips.
l really want Macross ut their prices are too damm high!
AnimeIgo stuff is a pain to find outside of the US. I too want the Macross set, must start saving my money now
Yes I need to save but it won't be till Sept that I really start lay down some hard cash on anime
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
I'm not turning my back on makers of anime, just because. I have a reason. I want my anime to be affordable. I don't believe that just because he used to fansub anime makes his gouging prices any more reasonable or right. I think the fact that he sells anime at exorbenant prices, and often times low quality is grounds for going elsewhere. I find your arguments weak. You say stuff like: Supoprt them because they were there from the beginning, and they brought anime to America. Yet...Manga Entertainment was the main reason Anime was in America, yet all I can hear is people badmouth them. I find this to be a hypocritical topic. I refuse to pay some corporation $120 for a 4 DVD series that cost them less than $5 to make. When they price it like that, I have no guilt that I'm not fattening their paychecks.
Hye guys...Don't wanna be TOO off topic (I don't know what exactly you'r all talking about) But, I am (im)patiently awaiting the release of the Berserk, Excel Saga, GTO, and Kare Kano on FX...Will it ever happen...?
"Close The World. txEn eht nepO"
I think I speak for everyone when I can safely say: We don't know.
Let me take a look at my crystal ball.....hmmm its kinda misty....yes....no...
MAC did Excel Saga. Ahhhhhhhhh, we'll see it soon.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
As for the Macross R1 set from Animego, *not bragging* I do own it and I just wanted to let everyone know that it is worth the money. I was AMAZED at how well they cleaned it up. Macross is probably my all-time fav anime so I spent the big bucks. Just wanted to let everyone know how good it is. Smile

-Vidiot

P.S. I too am looking forwad to the Excel Saga R1 rip!
I can get most animego single DVDs for about $20 which to me is a better deal than most R1's, but I still think it could be a hell of a lot cheaper. That is why I buy HK's, and will continue to do so.

It (to me) would be great if american companies gave up on dubbing, and just did subtitles. It would drive the costs way down. :mrgreen:

One of the biggest reasons I do not buy R1 dvds is that I do not support dubbing it into english. It costs more money to do that. Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop:
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
To be honest, if american companies just released sub only DVDs then their sales would go way down. Most people watch the dubs and won't bother with subtitles.

I would like to see more affordable boxsets or those Perfect Collection bricks. I mean the Trigun boxset is still at 200$ and it's been out for a while already. I'm a patient fellow so I don't mind waiting for a boxset to be released.
matthewmalay, Your right bro... I just wish there was a R1 rip of Voltron and Tundercats... hell I wish there was an R1 of those... :mrgreen:
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
morgorath, you're not the only one that wants Voltron on DVD. I loved that show, I gotta look for my Voltron figures one of theses days. I miss those things
I am a big fan of english seiyuu. So insert pro english voice acting argument here.
o-('-')-o HuG
|)0Y: 1337 5p34k 4n0nyM0u5
I love dubs, so Kakoi gets no support from me on this one. If they didn't do dubs, there'd be no reason for me to buy the R1's. I'd just go and buy the HK's. The reason I support the R1's is because they do put the extra effort to dub them.

Vance, my favorite VA's are Wendee Lee and Tiffany Grant. Although I'm liking Hillary Haag the more I hear her as well.

Kakoi, you can buy the Animeigo stuff for $15 a disc with the specials that rightstuf has going right now.