Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,818
» Latest member: Schultz
» Forum threads: 6,333
» Forum posts: 97,877

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Long time since we posted...
Forum: News/Announcements
Last Post: rav96
01-21-2018, 10:16 PM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 81,958
Anyone still alive?
Forum: General Babble
Last Post: odin0425
02-18-2017, 04:58 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 14,055
Netflix-Burn & Return?!?!
Forum: Anime Discussion
Last Post: moorken
08-10-2014, 06:45 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 31,668
Is Metal Gear Solid 3 bet...
Forum: Video Gaming
Last Post: moorken
08-10-2014, 06:42 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 41,305
The anime makes the bike ...
Forum: Anime Discussion
Last Post: annali
05-23-2014, 02:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5,470
this forum is dead so i w...
Forum: Website Issues/Suggestions
Last Post: macrossskullone
03-05-2014, 03:42 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 114,847
Movies V.1
Last Post: Prothervents
01-03-2014, 12:37 AM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 37,009
Merry Christmas!!
01-03-2014, 12:34 AM
» Views: 13,048
01-03-2014, 12:31 AM
» Views: 11,125
What Are You Guys Doing N...
01-03-2014, 12:30 AM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 21,901

Rumors for upcoming titles?
Posted by: Guest - 03-28-2002, 09:31 PM - Forum: Anime Discussion - Replies (8)

Anyone have any inside info on any upcoming titles? I'm particularly looking for 'Onegai Teacher', 'Mahoromatic' and 'Kaidohmaru'.

Is there any hope for these titles on DVD in the near future?

Print this item

I'd love to see these titles get put on HKDVD!
Posted by: Guest - 03-28-2002, 08:36 AM - Forum: Anime Discussion - Replies (46)

Battle Angel
Voltage Fighters! Gowcaizer
Kimera
8man after.... now... right now
Grave of the firefies... dubbed
Akira.... the old dubbed version.... not the remastered version... which sucks!

Print this item

Reviews for DNA2,Kenshin,Iria,OMG movie,Love Hina.... SFZ
Posted by: Guest - 03-28-2002, 08:29 AM - Forum: Anime Discussion - Replies (1)

Tongue
R Kenshin/DNA2/Oh my Goddess/Love Hina/Street Fighter/Iria
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All ratings I'm giving are based on DVD standards on a scale of 1-10

I can tell you from personal experience....

(AC/MI)The Rurouni Kenshin TV series subbed boxset is GREAT

Video.... 8.5
Audio... 9
Subs... 8.5... not as detailed as the shinsen gumi fansubbed vhs/vcd... but damn close!

(AC/MI)The D.N.A.2 subbed 4 disc boxset is GREAT, especially since there isn't a DVD version available in the US...

Video... 9
Audio... 10
subs... 9... very close to the fansubs

The subbed Oh! (or Ah!) My Goddess movie (Aa megami-sama in Japan) is THE WORST.... BAD... VERY BAD!!!

Video.... 6... very pixellated
Audio... 8 needs some work
subs... 2... They couldn't even get the names right!!!... let alone form a complete sentence!! They spelled Belldandy like Pu-ya-da-tee.... couldn't understand a damn thing!!!

(AS)Street Fighter Zero subbed is GREAT
Video.... 10
Audio.... 10
subs... 8... some mispelled words, they kept emphasizing the word SHOCK WAVES.... this is supposedly Ryu's great power ... but I don't think it's called that... but it is watchable.

Love hina subbed TV 3 disc set... Worth buying, but not the greatest

Video... 8 ... very slightly pixellated, like on fast moving scenes
Audio... 7... sounds like it's echoed or something...not stereo quality
Subs... 8... on point & good spelling most of the time, but towards the last 4 eps., the subs get a little off cue & aren't timed correctly... about 2 seconds faster than the dialog
Still watchable though.

(AS)Iria: Zeiram the Animation 1 disc w/ English/Japnese dialog & English/Chinese subs... THE BEST... I mean it, THE BEST!!!

Video... 10
Audio... 10
subs... 10

100% like the U.S. release except for the cover art... like that matters ... & for the price, it's even better!!! Those who remember, the price was around $30+ for the US release(which has been discontinued).... I got mine for 1/2 that!!!

I have some more DVDs coming which I'll review.

Print this item

Is it me or is the Arctic Nightfall Forum down?
Posted by: DreamcastDC - 03-21-2002, 12:57 AM - Forum: Anime Discussion - Replies (6)

Is it me or is the Arctic Nightfall Forum down?

Print this item

Spelling mistake...
Posted by: Guest - 03-18-2002, 01:56 PM - Forum: Website Issues/Suggestions - Replies (4)

In the description for this forum, it should be "discs", not "disks".

Print this item

Need a review of the Sakura Wars tv series dvd set
Posted by: tsukishonin - 03-14-2002, 05:01 AM - Forum: Anime Discussion - Replies (1)

I was just wondering because I was thinking about buying this set and wanted to know if it was a good quality set of dvd's.

Print this item

And the Winners Are...
Posted by: JunkieJoe - 03-10-2002, 05:06 AM - Forum: News/Announcements - No Replies

Sunday March 3 2002
Winner: KoiaInaho
Prize: Cowboy Bebop Perfect Collection(FX)

Monday March 4 2002
Winner: Markaveli
Prize: Fist of the North Star(AS)

Tuesday March 5 2002
Winner: gummi
Prize: Voogies Angel (AS)

Wednesday March 6 2002
Winner: Sieggy
Prize: Kujyakuo (AS)

Thursday March 7 2002
Winner: Left Wing Zero
Prize: RUROUNI KENSHIN -Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (AS)

Friday March 8 2002
Winner: Rich
Prize: Gumsmith Cats: BulletProof (AS)

Saturday March 9 2002
Winner: kyou
Prize: Patlabor Movie 2 (AS)

Sunday March 10 2002
Winner: AsukaXIkari
Prize: Irresponsible Captain Tylor 4DVD set (AS)and Eatman 98 2DVD set (AS)

Print this item

kilmer
Posted by: Guest - 03-08-2002, 06:14 PM - Forum: Website Issues/Suggestions - Replies (1)

Okay... i like copy and paste Smile

sanin seiya, still should be Saint Seiya, same goes for sanin sleyn
Sanin Selyn - Ascard should be Saint Seiya- Asgaard
and the Sanin Selyn by AC/MI is Saint Seiua - Asgaard

Zom

Print this item

Free DVD Give Away!
Posted by: JunkieJoe - 03-01-2002, 03:02 AM - Forum: News/Announcements - No Replies

In the spirit of launching our the site we are going to be holding free give DVD give aways starting this sunday and continuing until next sunday to all the registered users, so please make sure your emails are valid.

This sunday will be an early bird give away of Cowboy Bebop Perfect Collection 3 DVD set from FX, it has english dub aswell as perfect subs. Then monday to saturday I will give away a dvd every day from what I have in stock and next sunday will be the grand price (heh if u call it that!) of Irresponsible Captain Tylor 4 DVD set (english sub and dub) and Eatman 98 2 DVD set (english dub and sub).

Good luck to everyone!

Print this item

Site Goes Live!
Posted by: JunkieJoe - 02-26-2002, 05:30 AM - Forum: News/Announcements - No Replies

The site is 99% finished and its usable... I have all of AS titles inputted and will work on populating SonMay CD and AC titles added tonight

I know I will get alot of comments about the colors (black on blue) but thats already in the works to be changed (hence the site 99% done and that falls into the 1%)

Please note that U have to be registered to be able to post reviews (and post screenshots which will be implemented in a few days) but u can read (and see screenshots) without having to be registered...

I will encourage the use of the site by having DVD give aways and contests (next week, when the site will be polished, I will do a daily DVD give away (at random) to the registered users, and on the last day will do a grand price give away (like a 4 DVD set of something instead of regular singles during the days of the give away)

I will also encourage the users to post reviews ect by having a neat user system with not only keep track of number of posts but also leveling system (people will get level ups, but I wont disclose how the expreincing system will work heh) what I will do with this is people who will reach a certain level will get free dvd of their choice ect...

also, I will be selling the DVDs on the site aswell, I will parter up with Cashan selling AC AV titles on that site will I will do AS and SonMay CDs... since theres so many titles I will have "request" system implemented in a few days... means that when item is out of stock, instead of ADD to cart button u will have a request this title, when u click on it, when u are registered and logged on, it will let me know that u are thinkin of getting that title, that means i will order it from AS or SonMay on my next order, Keep in mind you are not obligated to buy it if u request it and I will not charge u for requesting it ect... this is good for me to know what people want before i order since SM has thousands of CDs ;P
the time on restockin on AS titles requested will be 5 to 10 days, while SM is usually 10-20 (since they only take cash in mail, it takes alittle while)

Print this item