Netflix-Burn & Return?!?!
I know I'm not the only one who's been doing this-cheap way to jack up your collection. I always match the media to the source-ie-DVD9 to double layer blanks-DVD5 to single layer blanks-use quality media-I almost always use Verbatim's, especially with dvd+r dl blanks, a scanner and printer that can print directly on dvds-FOR MY OWN USE ONLY-I ain't gonna buy too many R1's altough I will if the price is right.
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?
Don't forget there is a program called DVD Shrink. On that note, it's fare to say that doing what you are doing is possible... meaning the facility is there. Not too sure if the minority or the majority is doing it. One way or the other, how much money we obtain and how much money we spend depends on the individuality. Some need to pay the rent, some on food, clothing and gas. The last thing you want to do is spend all your savings on plastic and wasting time at the same time. Oh wait... that is what you call ENTERTAINMENT. Wink
[Image: mypic3.gif]
<death ain't so scary>
lol i love the last bit...very entertaining...the worst thing is that when your DVD writer cops out on you and you get a gizzilion coasters like i did a while ago thank god i finally bought a new writer...i guess all my d/ling and burning jus killed the old one....the bad thing is now im discovering discs that i thought were ok but were actually bad burns...d'oh i should have verified em...that teaches me...but now ive delted the stuf so have to redownload or forget about em...the worst is with games...for eg Okami i d/l burned it and it burned fine and jus deleted the iso but then it didnt work...ahhhhhhhh aind ive not botherd to redownload it...d'OH
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
That's why when one of my hard drives gets filled up I pull it out of the computer and put in a usb enclosure-data archiveing on the cheap. Probally have about 10 now-I label the enclosures with a dymo label maker so I know what's stored on them.
zrdb Wrote:That's why when one of my hard drives gets filled up I pull it out of the computer and put in a usb enclosure-data archiveing on the cheap. Probally have about 10 now-I label the enclosures with a dymo label maker so I know what's stored on them.

<:confused: usb enclosure> I suppose you don't mean an external hard drive... Please explain.
<death ain't so scary>
I burn and return all the time, ive got many complete series that way.
aka EngrishMajor
I have just got unlimited downloads on my broadband so I just dl the full dvd9s. You can even get fansubbed R2s which are infinitely better than HKs could be. Now I have discovered newsgroups I can get full dvd9s at speeds I could never have dreamed of!
If you use deep analysis on dvdshrink its hard to tell it from the original.

Most official anime dvds are dvd5 anyway though
aka EngrishMajor
DVD Shrink is really only usefull if you're gonna put a dual layer DVD9 on a single layer blank-mostly I use DVD Decrypter in the iso mode and make bit for bit copies with no compression-DVD9 to DVD+R DL blank, DVD5 to DVD+R blank.
zrdb Wrote:DVD Shrink is really only usefull if you're gonna put a dual layer DVD9 on a single layer blank-mostly I use DVD Decrypter in the iso mode and make bit for bit copies with no compression-DVD9 to DVD+R DL blank, DVD5 to DVD+R blank.

Yes, understandable. My point being that since you are saving money burning DVD's, why not save a bit more burning on DVD5 blanks instead of buying the dearer DVD9 blanks.Rolleyes Then again, the quality would be better on the DVD9 blank.Wink
<death ain't so scary>
Ever hear of hk anime dvds? That's why with a DVD9 I use dl blanks so they look exactly like the originials-other wise they look like a MAC release-crappy.
DVDXCOPY (the older versions) can split the discs in half, I do that alot with HK discs. I uploaded incase any of you guys might want it.

DVDXCOPY: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T0ATS9IY

How to use:

Once you unzip the file click "DVDXCopy_v1.2.1_full_install" once its installed click "1.2.2 Crack" folder then "dvdxcopy1.1 registration entires" it will ask if you want to change registration entires, click yes and xcopy is officially cracked... it doesnt add an icon to the desktop so you may want to go to search and type on "dvdxcopy" then you can make a shortcut icon
aka EngrishMajor
Thanks for the share but the link has been removed.
you won't have much quality loss anyway when reducing dual layer DVDs to single layer DVDs with anime series, because of the colors they use its easier to compress without quality loss than it is for a "normal" movie