Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Worst Anime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Oh my God i think its Serial Experiments Lain, wtf is that about?I mean sheesh...stupid anti social girl or whatever who is like a skitzo...Whats do yall think is the Worst Anime.. and what is the Best?

2 worst
DBZ
Lain

2 Best
Naruto
One Piece
I agree with you on DBZ being the worst...I don't think any show could have so litte room for story-line and so large a room for cracters with huge battle auras that look like they are straining really hard to take a crap. I also never got into the whole gundam series.

So far I would have to say that FLCL is the best anime series (all-be-it a short one) that I have seen in a long time. I also think the ever popular Cowboy bebop ranks up there on my number ones list.

...and i kinda liked lain...even though I couldn't quite make sense out of it.
Im gonna mess this up Smile all over the shot.

Worst 5:
DBZ
(bah no idea otherwise i dont much about what i hate)
(can i stick Matrix 2 and 3 in here? lol)

Best 5:
Hellsing
Spawn
Patlabor (only seen movie 1 and 2)
Escaflowne film(series was real good as well)
Serial Experiments Lain

Gold star price goes to "Armitage".
DBZ and especially Lain as worst? To each his own I guess. And about DBZ (and even a show like pokemon), I know many anime fans can't stand the series but it's not too bad if you look at it objectively...

I've seen some really horrid anime. Four that come to mind are Tekken: The Movie, Battle Arena Toshinden, Super Radical Gag Family and L.I.L.Y.cat...Yikes! :eek:

For my "best" list I won't go into the obvious ones like Bebop or Flcl, but I think some anime like Azumanga Daioh, Earth Girl Arjuna, and Haibane Renmei are cool shows that don't really get the publicity they deserve.
I haven't watched any Anime I didn't like "yet", I'm sure that I'll eventually come across some.

Best 5 though:
DBZ (yes I'm probably one of the few here that love the series)
Ranma 1/2
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Yu-Gi-Oh

I still haven't watched a whole lot yet, maybe around 20 different Anime series, so I'm sure it'll change when I see more.
Worst 5:

AWOL (look it up as its just bad)
Sci-Fi Harry
AD Police
Tekkan
Ehrgeiz

Best 5:

Legend of Galactic Heroes
Maison Ikkoku
Kodocha
Rurouni Kenshin
Touch

All series at least 95 episodes long Tongue
Quote:Originally posted by pugmagician
I haven't watched any Anime I didn't like "yet", I'm sure that I'll eventually come across some.

Best 5 though:
DBZ (yes I'm probably one of the few here that love the series)
Ranma 1/2
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Yu-Gi-Oh

I still haven't watched a whole lot yet, maybe around 20 different Anime series, so I'm sure it'll change when I see more.

I happen to love Dragonball/Z (japanese ONLY). The show has quite alot of character developement and story. You see Gokuu grow up for crying out loud! I really hate it when I see elitist anime "fans" who bash DBZ when they have only seen a handfull of shows.
I can't stand DBZ! Especially when Gohan is a teenager. Gohan's first date isn't what I would call an action-packed series.

Five worst:
DBZ
Pokemon Orange Leage crap
Beyblade
Digimon Fourth Season
World Record short on Animatrix

Five Best!
Card Captor Sakura
Cowboy Bebop
Chobits
X
Angelic Layer

All but one on my best list is CLAMP. LoL
Here's my pick:

Worst 5

Fancy Lala
Risky Safety
Digimon Fourth Season
Powerstone
Virtua Fighter

Best 5

She, The ultimate Weapon
Initial D
Maison Ikkoku
Hikaru No Go
Onegai Twins
Always funny that people pick the most popular anime ever as the worst anime but they probably did watch the 300+ episodes. Didn't you people have that exciting feeling when a new ep. was aired and you got to see what happened next in the fight. Or the anger when the broadcasting company decided to begin at the beginning again after every saga. I wonder if you thought it was the worst anime ever immediatly when it was over or if it was when everybody else started liking it. I think it's mostly because its so popular that people think its unoriginal to say its good. Like when your the first with a new gadget its cool, but when everybody has it, it's not cool anymore.

I agree it's not the best but how can you pick the most popular anime as "worst" considering all the crap thats out there (unless you haven't seen anything else). For me some the plus points are: great charrecter development, lots of action, good animation(especially the fights), they created a whole new universe, you see people growing up which to my knowledge is unique in an anime series and Vegeta is just so cool.

Bad points: fights are to long.

I'm not flamming anyone but if you could give me a explanation WHY its the worst, preferably someone who has seen more than what's shown on tv, I might be able to accept that some people really do find this the "worst".
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
Always funny that people pick the most popular anime ever as the worst anime but they probably did watch the 300+ episodes. Didn't you people have that exciting feeling when a new ep. was aired and you got to see what happened next in the fight. Or the anger when the broadcasting company decided to begin at the beginning again after every saga. I wonder if you thought it was the worst anime ever immediatly when it was over or if it was when everybody else started liking it. I think it's mostly because its so popular that people think its unoriginal to say its good. Like when your the first with a new gadget its cool, but when everybody has it, it's not cool anymore.

I agree it's not the best but how can you pick the most popular anime as "worst" considering all the crap thats out there (unless you haven't seen anything else). For me some the plus points are: great charrecter development, lots of action, good animation(especially the fights), they created a whole new universe, you see people growing up which to my knowledge is unique in an anime series and Vegeta is just so cool.

Bad points: fights are to long.

I'm not flamming anyone but if you could give me a explanation WHY its the worst, preferably someone who has seen more than what's shown on tv, I might be able to accept that some people really do find this the "worst".

Agreed before you bash DBZ you shoul at the very least see the Uncut episodes if not full Japanese ones. That stuff they show one TV is majorly cut up. I think most people say they don't like it because a lot of kids do, just like they say that they hate Yu Gi Oh too. Rolleyes
i dont hate it i t just dont like it.... I mean look at my top 5 anime, its a little different to them. I do like naruto not sure why hmmmmm.....
This thread has been a hoot to read through. I agree that it's amazing that some of the most hated titles are also some of the most popular.

I'm also going to stick up for Lain. I thought this was a well thought out and well executed series. In my opinion, people tend to read too much into the story (much like I believe they do with Evangelion). The tension and isolation created by the animators really do put you in a mindset that is very different from your typical animation.

As for my list of the worst anime, I'm glad to say that I do my best at purging these titles from my memory. The only ones that spring to mind even with my selective memory as being truly horrible are Sword of Truth and Hakkenden: Legend of the Dog Warriors . I'm sure there are other horrible series that I've watched but I don't like to remember that much wasted time.

My list of favourites would be very long and for a variety of reasons.
Castle of Cagliostro - The first Miyazaki movie I ever saw - great stuff!
Cowboy Bebop - I know it's on everybodys list, but there's a reason
Armored Trooper VOTOMS - Classic story telling that is hard to match
Berserk - Even though the ending leaves me feeling cheated
Fushigi Yuugi - I couldn't wait for each succesive episode to see what happened

There are others that I consider to be my favourites but that is a good start.
If you dont like DBZ
How can u like naruto. after the chunin exams, naruto is very much like DBz, very drawn back, slow, not going anywherre.

anyways.
Top 5 worst.
AD police
DBGT
Gilamesh so far
license by royal
da da da

Top five
Trigun
Berserk
Kenshin OVa and TV up to shissho
Vampiure hunter D bloodlust
ebichu

~RaNDoM
please save my earth - god l hated that show!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10