Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Worst Anime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Quote:Originally posted by kodochafan
For those who think that Ninja Scroll is bad, what do you think of NINJA RESURRECTION? :p

Haha. I loved Ninja Scroll. It was actually confusing at first. But the more I watched it and also watched other anime and started unterstanding about the Tokugawas and stuff, it made more sense to me.

Ninja Resurrection does not compare at all. I gave it a chance and was like OK, let's see where this goes. and then, WHAM!!!!, they cut it off in the middle of the series. what a pile of crap.

Only reason people compare it to Ninja Scroll is because the lead characters name in it is also Jubei. But Jubei is a common name in anime for ninjas and is also used in many other series. I looked it up and it happens that there was some famous ninja back in the day in real life named Yagyu Jubei or something like that. And that's where all this comes from.
It had to do with a legendary swordsman named Yagyu Jubei.
You guys are all forgeting one of the worst. KIMERA. That is one of the worst things I have ever subjected myself to EVER.
i cant see why no one can admit that they love dbz, cause lets face it im sure a lot of the otaku wannabes on this site started their anime addiction with it.
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
It had to do with a legendary swordsman named Yagyu Jubei.

Thanks for restating what I just said in the post right above yours, Steve!!!! :eek:
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Only reason people compare it to Ninja Scroll is because the lead characters name in it is also Jubei. But Jubei is a common name in anime for ninjas and is also used in many other series. I looked it up and it happens that there was some famous ninja back in the day in real life named Yagyu Jubei or something like that. And that's where all this comes from.

I actually believe that Ninja Resurrection tried to pass itself off as a sequel for Ninja Scroll when it first came out, which is inexcusable! :mad:
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
You guys are all forgeting one of the worst. KIMERA. That is one of the worst things I have ever subjected myself to EVER.

I haven't seen Kimera myself, but have heard that it is worse than tripe on a stick!
I've never really watched DBZ... I saw a little bit on TV but I preferred watching Sailor Moon than a fight, fight, train, train, fight, fight series... it's prolly because when I first caught DBZ was in mid series and it came across as pretty pointless... I suppose I could always give it a second look but not at a cost... For that matter, I stopped watching Sailor Moon after the Doom Tree Saga which I found rather weird, reawakening chars and blah... Neither series are even close to being on my 'to own' list...

Ninja Scroll I watched waaay back in college along with Ghost in the Shell... Ninja Scroll had a lot of neat characters but they were offed so fast it was bleh but can't expect much when you only have an hour or so for a movie... Ghost in the Shell was better, less characters and an overall better plot... better than some wanderer just happening to get into the mix of some sort of war in which the side the wanderer takes is practically wiped out from the start...

And it seems I'm having to hold back on my expenditures this month a little so I won't be getting some of the things I wanted by year's end ; , ;

Oh well, there's always another day
That's funny... I've always felt that Ghost in the Shell is one of the more over-rated movies out there.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think it's a bad movie. I just don't think it's as great as it's been made out to be.

The action scenes are beautiful and well orchistrated but they also feel like they're thrown in there just so you'll stick around while one of the characters babbles on about the meaning of life. The overall story is pretty good but there are a number of scenes that could have been shortened or even removed.

As for character development, that's one weakness a movie has versus a TV or OVA series. Movies just don't have the time it takes to fully develop a rich character. If you don't believe me, look at the difference between Escaflowne the movie and the TV series. Sure the movie looks worlds better but the overall experience left me wanting more. The TV series had well rounded characters both for the good guys and the bad guys.
Ghost in the Shell is a BEAUTIFUL movie but the story is definitely for the Die-Hards.

And how does one make a masterpeice of a series such as Ghost and also make a total steaming pile like Appleseed. I can't beleive it has written on the box..something like..A mech lovers dream, and An animation materpeice, and story that'll blow you away....INTO BOREDOM is what they left out. A masterpeice -O-GARBAGE!!!
I actually think Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Escaflowne, and Eva are all overrated. I still like Eva and all. Mainly because of Asuka, but I don't think it's the ultimate giant robo - sci fi series like alot of people lead you to believe.
I think Eva is overated too.... overrated because its like the first "phylosophical theme'd" anime that came to North America and jsut got more talk about than anything else...

I personally think the best thing about Evangelion is the Ending Movie.. where everyone dies, everyone explodes hehe
Yeah that movie was sweet!!! I wish I owned it. Thanx JJ here I am with no money and you make me drool for something I can't buy!!!!!!
yes the eva movie was the best part. the exploding people made it well worth watching over the series anyday. heh heh pop! pop!!
One of the best action scenes in all of anime is in End of Eva; it's when Asuka goes from being suicidal and wanting to die to such a high and feeling invincible. Then the scene where she singlehandedly fought the angels is classic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10