World Cup 2006
Elcoholic Wrote:But a large part of our history lessons at school are about ww2 (and ww1) and you automatically grow up learning Germans are bad people. They don't mean to teach us that but when you have 2 world wars started by the same country its hard to think they're nice when you are young.

snowboarder Wrote:with a little bit of research they find out that a now defunct entity known as the Austro-Hungarian empire declared war on Serbia after one of their nationals assassinated a one Archduke Ferdinand.

No need for research, that's a well known event. I at least heard about it in school over and over again (much to my demise because although I love History I'm not particularly fond of 20th century history).

Anyway, regardless of what we were taught when we were young we are adults now and we ought to know better. 'Ostracizing' an entire population for something it's ancestors did is more serious then we might think at first and it's definitely not the way to avoid history from repeating itself.
If we're going to hate the German for something they did in the past then we might as well hate the Italians because they were once the Roman Empire.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
You are all right but then again this is something that needs to be taught to everyone to learn from. We still have people living who survived the war, every family has some story relating to the war. We see so many images of how it was back then. So many movies etc. I think its impossible for kids to get all that info and not think bad about germans in some part of their lives. Its wrong to hold the current population accountable but that's how it goes.

anyway, big finale tommorow. Hope France wins but looking how Italy played in the semi's I don't know if they can manage.

Firt the match for third place today. Must be hell to have to play that match after losing the opportunity to go to the finals. They should just not have to play this match.
Well, the only ones who scored a single goal against Italy were themselves in an oops own goal situation, so Italy has the best goalie of the entire cup on their side. France even though they have an older team have some of the best offense of the cup, but I say Italy wins 2-1.
It's gonna be a great match.

History is history, learn from your mistakes and move forward.
All I know is that Portugal is getting fucked up by Germany. I mean 3 goals within like 15-20 minutes of each other? There will be no celebrating by Andromeda today. :p
YEAH Italy Won the Cup, but the play of the day was when Zidane turned into the Juggernaut and headbutted Manzeratti. That was very awesome but at the same time was very what-the-fuckish kind of style.
There's no point introducing myself to the death.

My R1 Collection
My HK Collection
lol yeh I really wanna know what exactly that guy said to him to make him turn like that man, was indeed very freaky and out of the moment.

Congrats Italy - u guys deserve it Smile
Crazy match, Italy won fair.

Zidane is one of the biggest footballers of the past decade. He's the second greatest French football player ever. He actually already quit the national team 2 years ago but came back after the players practically begged him.

This was his last match EVER and he gets send of by a red card. I can't believe he did that in his last match, almost if he wanted to be remembered that way. He looks nice but he grew up in French getto's and is known not to mess with him. But to do that in your last match, which happens to be a world cup final? I really can't understand. I was shocked to see him do it. But it did make the match more special.

So, its over now. Andromeda is still depressed over the third place i think. I'm getting over our defeat and we'll be ready in 2 years for the Euro cup. We'll be getting ready for the Portugese team.
BRAVO ITALIA!!!

What a great match, that was definitly the best match of the entire cup. As soon as we won all my paesan's ran into the streets and screamed and cheered, it was absolute chaos over here. Big Grin The match was so close that if Zidane had kept his cool he could have made the match go into sudden death and then it would have gone either way.

BRAVO ITALIA!!!
Seijuro Hiko Wrote:YEAH Italy Won the Cup, but the play of the day was when Zidane turned into the Juggernaut and headbutted Manzeratti. That was very awesome but at the same time was very what-the-fuckish kind of style.

Ha that was mental. I don't see how players can get like that when they know so much is at stake. It's their job, they should of learnt to be able to keep their cool for a couple of hours. Anyway it was fun to watch Big Grin
Yeh gubi I agree, esp with Zidane. I mean Rooney I can imagine doing that, hes young, kinda stupid and hot-tempered, but Zidane is like a very good and wise player whos been in the game for a long time, which again - makes me really wonder what exactly that guy did to him to piss him off so badly.

Maybe it was a racist thing? Or a 'ur momma' comment, lol.
Vicious Wrote:All I know is that Portugal is getting fucked up by Germany. I mean 3 goals within like 15-20 minutes of each other? There will be no celebrating by Andromeda today. :p

Elcoholic Wrote:So, its over now. Andromeda is still depressed over the third place i think. I'm getting over our defeat and we'll be ready in 2 years for the Euro cup. We'll be getting ready for the Portugese team.

I don't do depressions and being among the 4 best teams in the world is certainly no reason to be depressed. I already knew they were going to lose (as I mentioned in my previous post), it's always like this with them. But like I've been preaching to everybody I know, there's nothing to be ashamed of, quite the contrary. I for one am proud of them and judging by the way they were received at the aeroport so are many other Portuguese!

Elcoholic Wrote:Crazy match, Italy won fair.

Zidane is one of the biggest footballers of the past decade. He's the second greatest French football player ever. He actually already quit the national team 2 years ago but came back after the players practically begged him.

This was his last match EVER and he gets send of by a red card. I can't believe he did that in his last match, almost if he wanted to be remembered that way. He looks nice but he grew up in French getto's and is known not to mess with him. But to do that in your last match, which happens to be a world cup final? I really can't understand. I was shocked to see him do it. But it did make the match more special.

animeshop Wrote:lol yeh I really wanna know what exactly that guy said to him to make him turn like that man, was indeed very freaky and out of the moment.

According to Globo, a Brazilian tv network, who hired 3 lip-readers Materazzi insulted Zidane's sister, a British newspaper says he called him a terrorist and the rumour that goes around in France is that he insulted his mother. Whatever it was he could've controlled himself and wait till the game was over. Besides, reacting to such childish remarks is pointless and it was in part the reason why France lost. Zidane was expelled 14 times during his career, it seems like he has some anger management problems.

Anyway, Italy won and even though I wanted France to win I can't say Italy didn't deserve the cup. Congratulations! Smile
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I personally can not stand soccer (though Im the only one in my family like that), but I will admit that I actually found the HEAD TO THE CHEST!!! to be one of the greatest things I have ever seen. I watched it on my friends TIVO about 100 times and laughed my ass off every time. Good stuff.