World Cup 2006
Yeah, I liked it anyway but I also liked the hulk. Says enough about my taste in movies Wink And I don't think I can understand most real english accents. I know I have a hard enough time understanding them on online games.
Elcoholic Wrote:Its possible for my country to meet Portugal in the next round. That'll be fun since they beat us in the semi-finals in the euro cup 2 years ago.

Anyway, on to the finals.

I would really like to see both Portugal and Holland make it to the quarter-finals but Argentina is a tough nut to crack. Portugal's best chance is to play against Holland but even if we beat you 2 years ago I'm not so sure we can do that again...
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I would really like to see both Portugal and Holland make it to the quarter-finals but Argentina is a tough nut to crack. Portugal's best chance is to play against Holland but even if we beat you 2 years ago I'm not so sure we can do that again...

Damn straight it will be tough to beat us again Wink

We're playing Argentina tonight. First real match for both our teams against a top country. Really too bad that the match has little a stake. Probably 2 B teams that will man the pitch. I think we need to win to avoid Portugal.
No big deal on the us teams ousting saw it coming, Italy all the way!!!!!Cool
Elcoholic Wrote:Damn straight it will be tough to beat us again Wink

We're playing Argentina tonight. First real match for both our teams against a top country. Really too bad that the match has little a stake. Probably 2 B teams that will man the pitch. I think we need to win to avoid Portugal.

Oh boy! Luck was not on our side, or maybe it was... (Argentina :eek: ) Anyway, one of our teams is going to be left behind next sunday. Of course, I want Portugal to win, but if they don't I'll be rooting for Holland all the way! Big Grin

geo85 Wrote:No big deal on the us teams ousting saw it coming, Italy all the way!!!!!Cool

It's funny how people always root for other teams other than their own. Big Grin In that department I'm pretty weird 'cause I support a bunch of other teams (besides Portugal). :p First Holland, then Spain, I was also rooting for Japan and Korea but they already lucked out. I really am weird. Big Grin
Yep, its happening again. Portugal-Holland tomorow evening.

You did indeed get the easier out of the 2 since Argentina is not fun to play against. And a second place in the poule was good for us since if we get to the quarter finals we won't have to play Germany.

Its gonna be a great match. May the best team win.
Looks like Andromeda's team won. Maybe she can pull a Brandi Chastain for us and take her top off in celebration of the victory. :p

Too bad Beckham is going to have to eliminate her boys.
Vicious Wrote:Looks like Andromeda's team won. Maybe she can pull a Brandi Chastain for us and take her top off in celebration of the victory. :p

Too bad Beckham is going to have to eliminate her boys.

Sorry but I can celebrate while keeping my top on! :p

The match against England is going to be a tough one, particularly because we're down one crucial player. However, we did beat them 2 years ago in the Euro so one never knows...

Man, I'm obviously happy we won but at the same time I'm really sorry Holland is out of the competition. Damn! Why couldn't both teams make it to the quarter finals?! I had honestly been rooting for Holland (don't really know why though :p), not just saying it.

Elcoholic Wrote:Its gonna be a great match. May the best team win.

That wasn't a match, that was a battle! I couldn't believe what was happening!!! :eek:
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Sorry but I can celebrate while keeping my top on! :p

That's no fun. Besides, I'm sure you could rally alot more supporters to your side if you celebrated the way I suggested. I mean, I know I'd certainly be rooting for Portugal if you did that after every win. :p

Anyways, I'm rooting for Germany and England now. Simply because I have a Germany track jacket and for England, because they have Beckham and he's the only soccer player in the world that I can recognize.
Italys on to the quaterfinals YEAH!!! Better luck next time aussies.
I'm rootnig for Italy and Argentina since they have always been my favorite teams, France has come a long way from behind because they almost didnt make it to the second round and now they won against Spain and thats a lot. I think the toughest opponent right now is Brazil since they have like the Dream Team of futbol.
There's no point introducing myself to the death.

My R1 Collection
My HK Collection
Here you go: Germany takes Argentina, Italy takes Ukraine, England takes Portugal, Brazil takes France.

Italy takes Germany by a 1-0, Brazil takes England by a 2-1.

Come on you know Italy takes the cup, bada boom!!!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin This is how I feel right now!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
lol and this is how I feel Sad Sad Sad

Oh well, we all know England aren't good at penalities anyway. Sniff sniff... here's to the next world cup when England can at least get a good manager not crappy Sven.
Yeah, you're not making yourself popular here Andromeda Sad

No but seriously, congratulations. Must be a hell of a party over there. Have fun and i hope for you they'll get to the finals. I myself like the French team, or atleast they're the only ones the Dutch team doesn't have a history with of losing to them and I'm happy they kicked out Brazil tonight.