Burning downloaded anime on to DVD
I can't believe this thread is still going and there hasn't been a single post worthy of my attention. Usually when a thread is this active there is at least one person who steps a little out of line.

Remind me not to moderate the forum when I'm whacked out of my gourd on cold medications...
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I was using a program that asked me to place the .srt files to put in a separate folder to place them on the encoded video,the program worked,i converted the mkv video to avi video but the subtitles were not on there.i need to extract the subs from the video.
bignev44 Wrote:I was using a program that asked me to place the .srt files to put in a separate folder to place them on the encoded video,the program worked,i converted the mkv video to avi video but the subtitles were not on there.i need to extract the subs from the video.

If what you just said is correct, the subs are already extracted from the video. That is why they are in .srt format, that is your subs. Now you need to encode the .srt subs into the .avi video.. AlltoAVI will do that, you just have to tell the program there are external subs if it doesn't automatically detect them. The newest release of TMPGEnc will also use external subs... (upgrade fee... since I don't work with external subs, really no reason to upgrade... laugh)

Ok... let me try this again... I may have misunderstood you... you do or do not have a seperate sub file? If not.. then you need to try one of the other programs (MKVextractGUI-1.5.5.zip & Wizard.zip) to seperate the avi and the subs from the mkv file.. then combine them into one with either of the programs I mentioned above.

Any mkv file I've seen has had the subs hard coded into it, it didn't have a seperate .srt or whatever file for the subs. My problem is with AllToAVI I can get it converted, but the timing is off on the avi files.... so my next project, if I need to deal with an mkv file is to try the MKV extract and Wizard and see if that helps. Or you can let me know how it goes for you!
I may have asked the question wrong the first time and i apoligize for that,the program is called AVI2DVD,its a great program but i dont understand what they meant for the subs,i'll give you the link,you would probably understand it better than i....

The download...
http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAvi2Dvd.html

The instructions on how to convert them
http://www.trustfm.net/divx/GuideAvi2Svcd.html
Zagatto Wrote:I can't believe this thread is still going and there hasn't been a single post worthy of my attention. Usually when a thread is this active there is at least one person who steps a little out of line.

Remind me not to moderate the forum when I'm whacked out of my gourd on cold medications...

And that's when youll probaly be needed most.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Boy, you're asking the wrong person for help here... laugh... I used AVI2DVD maybe once...(although I still have it on my computer) and it wouldn't do anything with the mkv file because there is no seperate subtitle file to put into the program, it is encoded into the mkv file, and so I believe the program wouldn't work... that's why I went searching for another program... ALLToAVI. Although I haven't been real successful with getting it to work well with the mkv's.. (it does work well with ogm's, and if there are any audio problems with an avi file it has corrrected) it will convert, but the resulting avi the audio is out of time with the video... so my next step would have been to use the MKVEXGUI or whatever it's called to extract it out of the mkv and then try that. Or actually, my next step is to find whatever it is in mkv format, in avi format instead!! laugh.. saves a lot of headaches...

Sorry I can't help you anymore than that....

But serious, try the mkv extracter program and wizard, then see if you need to use alltoavi to combine subs with the avi file.. which you may not even need to, then encode your avi file to write out to dvdr.
Actually converting oridinary xvid/divx with hardsubs to dvd compliant mpeg2 is pretty straight foreward.
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?
How do u do it?