Burning downloaded anime on to DVD
I think that someone trying to make a profit off of selling fan subs is just plain fucking wrong. Trading fansubs-ok-selling-NO!!
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?
Buying fansubs? Damn that's a fuckin ripoff oh well there wil always be people willing to pay for stuff that's meant to be free.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Buying fansubs? Damn that's a fuckin ripoff oh well there wil always be people willing to pay for stuff that's meant to be free.

They are willing to pay for it so they don't have to spend time downloading the avi's, going thru the hassle of converting them and then writing them out to dvdr's... This thread so glaringly shows that it isn't an easy process, even when you have an idea of what you're doing... and we won't even get into weird formats like the ogm's and mkv's... since you have to add yet another process to the long list to get them burned to dvd!!

Yeah, I can see someone buying fansubs, easily...
zrdb Wrote:I think that someone trying to make a profit off of selling fan subs is just plain fucking wrong. Trading fansubs-ok-selling-NO!!

So mass bootleg production OK... Small scale fansub dvd-r sale BAD... I see.
Amethyst Wrote:They are willing to pay for it so they don't have to spend time downloading the avi's, going thru the hassle of converting them and then writing them out to dvdr's... This thread so glaringly shows that it isn't an easy process, even when you have an idea of what you're doing... and we won't even get into weird formats like the ogm's and mkv's... since you have to add yet another process to the long list to get them burned to dvd!!

Yeah, I can see someone buying fansubs, easily...

Even if it was easy it wouldn't really surprise me seeing as theres always someone that will buy whatever exists.

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
gubi-gubi Wrote:So mass bootleg production OK... Small scale fansub dvd-r sale BAD... I see.

That really does sound like odd logic when one looks at it in that fashion oh well bootlegs are bootlegs no matter how you look at it.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:That really does sound like odd logic when one looks at it in that fashion oh well bootlegs are bootlegs no matter how you look at it.

Especially when everone gets really excited when HK manufacturers use fansub scripts lol.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Especially when everone gets really excited when HK manufacturers use fansub scripts lol.

Haha I didn't even think of that guess it's because I don't generally buy sub only titles.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
gubi-gubi Wrote:Especially when everone gets really excited when HK manufacturers use fansub scripts lol.

Man, I wish they would!! Halfway decent video quality, nice packaging and fansubs... now there you go... laugh... ought to be a market for that!!
I can't really comment on anything I just wana be able to watch gundam ms igloo on my damb dvd player! I have the video and audio merged mpeg2 but I cant seem to find a way to get the subs on there I tryed the Virtual dub method that I found and it didnt work my subtittle file is a ASS. if anyone knows how to take soft subs and get them hardcoded on mpeg 2 video drop a line plz!
A matter of Life and Death You Try to Fight For Breath I Snatch Your Heart With A Slice Through Your Chest Who's The Best???
find a way to convert the ASS subs to SRT subs.
Spike_8 Wrote:I can't really comment on anything I just wana be able to watch gundam ms igloo on my damb dvd player! I have the video and audio merged mpeg2 but I cant seem to find a way to get the subs on there I tryed the Virtual dub method that I found and it didnt work my subtittle file is a ASS. if anyone knows how to take soft subs and get them hardcoded on mpeg 2 video drop a line plz!

Try AllToAVI, it should allow you to load the sub files and then convert it into the avi file... it's freeware...
but how do you extract the subs from the video file?what program does that?
bignev44 Wrote:but how do you extract the subs from the video file?what program does that?

Why would you want to extract the subs from the avi video file to begin with? Most fansubs are hard coded into the video file and you can't remove them. I thought the problem was you had a sub file (srt. ssr... whatever) and you needed to get it into the video file in order to convert and write it out to dvdr.
Amethyst Wrote:Why would you want to extract the subs from the avi video file to begin with? Most fansubs are hard coded into the video file and you can't remove them. I thought the problem was you had a sub file (srt. ssr... whatever) and you needed to get it into the video file in order to convert and write it out to dvdr.
When people ask questions they really should be more clear and this is just more proof of that fact.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection