Burning downloaded anime on to DVD
that guide works very well Psygnius!
but there is the problem of the subbs running off the screen with subtitle workshop or any other program is it possible to correct this problem with the srt subbs????
thanks alot!!!!
A matter of Life and Death You Try to Fight For Breath I Snatch Your Heart With A Slice Through Your Chest Who's The Best???
Spike_8 Wrote:that guide works very well Psygnius!
but there is the problem of the subbs running off the screen with subtitle workshop or any other program is it possible to correct this problem with the srt subbs????
thanks alot!!!!

If the lines too long open it in notepad and add make it two line like this:

00:04:58,900 --> 00:05:02,900
who is the protective icon for the well-being of our village.

Would be....

00:04:58,900 --> 00:05:02,900
who is the protective icon for
the well-being of our village.
These replies you all typed work very well,but heres another problem,i burned the season eps of Yugioh to dvd but the subs are halway down the bottom of the screen,is there anything that i can do to remedy this?thanks again fellas for all of you input and help.
Gubi thanks for the responce but I can't seem to get'er down pat it just keeps on starting way to far right and a tad to low. the timing and everything is great just these damb subtites! if anyone else has a different method that would be great!

Someone mentioned a black bar method?!!!!
A matter of Life and Death You Try to Fight For Breath I Snatch Your Heart With A Slice Through Your Chest Who's The Best???
Well in TMPGEnc XPress you use the resize filter and center the image and just change the size enough so you have black bars around the image so the black will be cut off by the TV and the subs higher.
hmm Well I Can't seem to get the Mkv converted into a video file (avi,mpeg) that will work in TMP!!! hmm THESE DAMB SUBS!
Just extract the video...
Ok I have the Video extrated and merged with the ac3 audio track , but mkv's still arn't editable in TMPGEnc !!! should I just extract the video by itself than after editing merge with audio? is the audio making TMPGEnc unable to work with my video? hmmm well i have all the elements (V/A/S) extracted so is there a better method to fix this problem?
thanks Again!
extract your AC3 audio from the MKV file too. Then convert the AC3 to WAV. If your AC3 file is surround sound, you will lose the surround sound and get only stereo audio though, if that is fine with you.

FOOBAR2000 is a good program to do this conversion for you.

Then it should work with TMPG.
Spike_8 Wrote:Ok I have the Video extrated and merged with the ac3 audio track , but mkv's still arn't editable in TMPGEnc !!! should I just extract the video by itself than after editing merge with audio? is the audio making TMPGEnc unable to work with my video? hmmm well i have all the elements (V/A/S) extracted so is there a better method to fix this problem?
thanks Again!

How would the video be extracted to an mkv? It would be avi. You don't need one file you can have seperate audio and video. You can use the ac3 in the dvd anyway.
the video I extracted was an mkv because I used a MKV extractor , Mkv gui somthin or other! because virtual dub wasn't working for me! but I dont need to convert the ac3 because tmpc xpress can handle it , I also found a program that converts the mkv to avi ( Avimux_GUI ) so it can load in tmpc , I just need to know how to resize the video in tmpc express so that my subs will all fit on the screen. also if I need to do anything with the subs i extracted in tmpc express when i resize the video!
I haven't used an updated TMPGEnc or Express for a long time, but last time I checked, TMPG programs don't support soft subs if I am not mistaken.

You will need to use a different program for that. When we were talking about resizing the video and stuff, we were refering to hard subs, the subtitles that are already part of the picture.

There are a few programs out there that can adjust the location of where the subs will be displayed, as well as prepare your DVD for burning. I can't think of the programs at the current moment, but I know I've used them before. I want to say it was AVI2DVD or DVD2AVI, something like that was the name of the program.

EDIT: Oh yeah, MKV is not a movie format, MKV is a container for the movie. If the file DID extract out of your MKV as another MKV, then something might have been mislabeled or something went wrong.
You can always just use the vobsub filter that loads when you play a file with seperate subs to display the subs in TMPGEnc and hard code them. That way you can adjust the way they apear on screen. I think anything else is going to be too complex for you.
well I have converted the video along with the audio and merged them perfectly to a mpeg2 format. gubi how exactly do I use the extracted ASS subs hardcode them set them up etc. so i can finally burn this sucker out! Also is there a program where I can take a mkv and set up the subs the correct way!
Jeff Wrote:Why go thru the hassle. I get all my fansubbed dvds from this site http://www.animedivxonline.com/ .Go there he has tons of titles.This site is why I`ll only get HK dvds if it`s a R1 rip forget HK engrish subs.

How is the quality of the dvd's at that site?