What the best Anime you ever saw....
Rurouni Kenshin
YokoMaru Wrote:It would be fun to see how they dealt with the issue of other people speaking english and stuff.

Havn't seen the show but watch the baseball episode of samurai champloo. Probably like that.
Cidien Wrote:Havn't seen the show but watch the baseball episode of samurai champloo. Probably like that.

That episode was great.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Oh, sounds interesting, I'm gonna go watch the Shamploo episode on youtube.
EDIT: Just watched it. That's what Beck is like, Overuse of the word Fuck and Bad Grammar. How did they dub that episode anyway
Told you to watch the dub lol. They basically just had the english voice actors talk like they're foreign. They did about the same pathetic job the japanese did lol. It's kinda funny. Even funnier because I don't think the japanese tried to sound retarded.
Having a no.1 anime is kinda hard but I'll have to say that Escaflowne is my no.1
followed by Gungrave, X Tv, and Berserk.
My favorite anime series would have to be My-HiME. It's still just in fan subs but will be here in America the 28th of this month.
My favorite anime movie would fall under Hayao Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle. This is Miyazaki's newest movie and in my opinion, the best. It definitely is a best buy.

I've been reading all the people's "Favorite Anime" and I just have to say a few comments. Many of you say you are anime fans but, in fact, are nothing of the sort. I'm tired of all the people who say their favs are Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho and Rumiko Takahashi's Inuyasha. These shows are distinctively sorry excuses for anime. The makers of these anime are just in it for the money. You can see this through the overly excessive episode list. People go straight to Adult Swim and see that an anime is playing and deem it an astounding anime. If you truly want to be an anime fan, then go out and find good anime for yourself. Don't have other people do it for you.
swmaxxx Wrote:My favorite anime series would have to be My-HiME. It's still just in fan subs but will be here in America the 28th of this month.
My favorite anime movie would fall under Hayao Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle. This is Miyazaki's newest movie and in my opinion, the best. It definitely is a best buy.

I've been reading all the people's "Favorite Anime" and I just have to say a few comments. Many of you say you are anime fans but, in fact, are nothing of the sort. I'm tired of all the people who say their favs are Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho and Rumiko Takahashi's Inuyasha. These shows are distinctively sorry excuses for anime. The makers of these anime are just in it for the money. You can see this through the overly excessive episode list. People go straight to Adult Swim and see that an anime is playing and deem it an astounding anime. If you truly want to be an anime fan, then go out and find good anime for yourself. Don't have other people do it for you.

Just great another smartassRolleyes
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
swmaxxx Wrote:I've been reading all the people's "Favorite Anime" and I just have to say a few comments. Many of you say you are anime fans but, in fact, are nothing of the sort. I'm tired of all the people who say their favs are Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho and Rumiko Takahashi's Inuyasha. These shows are distinctively sorry excuses for anime. The makers of these anime are just in it for the money. You can see this through the overly excessive episode list. People go straight to Adult Swim and see that an anime is playing and deem it an astounding anime. If you truly want to be an anime fan, then go out and find good anime for yourself. Don't have other people do it for you.

Welcome to the boards. I see we're gonna get alone just great.

Just because something is shown on tv doesn't mean its crap. Shows are usually on tv because theyre awesome. You telling me neon genesis evangelion sucks? Samurai Champloo? These shows all existed before adult swim, and adult swim picked them up because most of them are badass. Hakusho on tv kinda sucks though... they edit out half of what makes the show so funny. Always hated that show until I decided to pick up the hk sets.
My favorite anime series would have to be My-HiME. It's still just in fan subs but will be here in America the 28th of this month.

This is for swmaxxx:

I have been an anime fan for as long as i can remember. We all should be thankful that we can get and have great anime series that i have come over to America in the first place. Now, I have many fans like you complain about and talk about "popular series" The main reasons why alot of shows that you mentioned are popular in the first place is due to the support of the fanbase, as well and the enjoyment of watching it. Do you know how many countries wish to be able to watch anime or read manga in the first place. We should be thankful to alot of companies, like Tokyopop and ADV or Viz they are working their butts over everyday to their best to supply and demand anime and manga.

Mainly, I blame ourselves as well as system overall. Many people in country, I am sad to say still hate the ideals of diversity and well as Japanese culture. To me, I believe that this is another reason why very few animes come here. Now I will agree with you on one thing that you said and that is the editing process. Sometimes they do cut out everything, especially the adult swim. But, if you think about in order for cartoon network to play anything, such as Full Metal Alchemist which they were VERY luck to get in the first place they had to comprise to our tv viewing system which is also hyprocritcal.

The only way for other anime series to play on tv or be brought over we must it in ourselves to become activists. We must help our subculture by supporting the artists as well as demand for ADV and other companies to pick it up. Most of the series are here due to positions as well as internet awareness. If we show that we want and fight for it, it will come in due time.

With something to think about,

NightWalker
swmaxxx Wrote:I've been reading all the people's "Favorite Anime" and I just have to say a few comments. Many of you say you are anime fans but, in fact, are nothing of the sort. I'm tired of all the people who say their favs are Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho and Rumiko Takahashi's Inuyasha. These shows are distinctively sorry excuses for anime. The makers of these anime are just in it for the money. You can see this through the overly excessive episode list. People go straight to Adult Swim and see that an anime is playing and deem it an astounding anime. If you truly want to be an anime fan, then go out and find good anime for yourself. Don't have other people do it for you.

Welcome, and what an entree it isWink

I think Blight and Schultz are not so happy to see you mention their favorite shows as sorry excuses for anime (and these guys have watched quite alot). I hate to break it to you but ALL anime creators are in it for the money. They try to make something that as many people as possible will like to watch. You don't see them giving their stuff away for free do you? Just because a popular show is someone's favorite doesn't mean its all they've seen.

I don't care if anyone thinks I'm not an anime fan. I like animation and if its US based or Japanese doesn't matter to me. I just as gladly watch a spiderman epp. as an cowboy bebop ep.

We used to get this discussion with Dragonballz, and now kenshin and Yu Yu aren't good enough anymore either. What has the world become Cool Big Grin
swmaxxx Wrote:My favorite anime series would have to be My-HiME. It's still just in fan subs but will be here in America the 28th of this month.

Listing a Miyazaki as your favorite is hardly 'underground' though is it? I agree that someone who watches all their anime on tv isn't an anime fan though... BUT if someone lists a show that is on TV as their favorite you can't judge them by one show as you don't know what else they watch...
Well, considering a fan is "An ardent devotee; an enthusiast." and being a fan (bordering on fanatic Big Grin ) myself I have to say an anime fan tries to watch as much anime as possible. This means a true fan will watch series as diverse as possible and not just stick to a specific type. Of course taste plays its part as well because since watching all the anime available is impossible one has to choose what one likes the most. But taste is such a relative thing! Just because I don't like something doesn't mean it's bad. It will be great to somebody else and I'd have to be very presumptuous to consider my opinion better than everybody else's. Plus, anime is like fruit, you don't know what it's really like until you actually eat it, no matter how good it might look from the outside.
I donĀ“t think Kenshin and Inu Yasha are the best anime series out there either but they're cool and fun to watch and definitely a must for any anime fan. And mind you, I'm not from the US so I don't even know what Adult Swim is (okay, I know it's a tv channel but that's it!), these series transcend any tv channel.

Anyway, changing the subject, I have to add a new series to my favorite anime list, Mushishi. I don't usually appreciate series that are episodic but Mushishi is completely different from anything I've ever seen. It's like each episode is an entire series by itself. Definitely fabulous!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
In comedy I think I liked Tenchi OVA the best, comedy anime really does not click with me most of the time. I got the EZ Azumanga perfect set since so many people seem to love it but I have not watched it yet...

My overall favorites are: Evangelion and Noir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmaxxx

XD johnny-boy!! LOSER...jk yeah people listen to him, he's a nerd he would know..
anyways..
my fav is
ayashi no ceres or fushigi yuugi oh they're so freaking dramatic I la-la-loooove it! animes as a soap opera >=) ^-^
~Sakura Suki~