What the best Anime you ever saw....
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Hrm... my two fave comedies are Photon: The Idiot Adventure and Irresponsible Captain Tyler.

I've seen most of the other anime people are talking about and I'm happy to say that I agree that I've enjoyed almost every title that has been mentioned so far. Even with those many titles to choose from I have to pick these two as the ones that made me laugh the hardest.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Well Iwould have to say for me as a comedy anime would be Haunted Junction... this was something I didn't expect, and the first episode had me laughing myself silly!! I would also consider Sorcerer Hunters funny... I mean come on... there is just something extremely funny about Tira & Chocolate whipping poor Carrot back into human form... laugh... I'm sure there's quite a few more I'm forgetting... Oh, Happy World first episode... in that sick somebody falls and gets hurt kind of funny... and it can't possibly get worse but does funny...

As for my favorite all time anime, it would have to be Vampire Hunter D Blood Lust, the artwork is spectacular and the storyline is well done.
Comedy: Ranma 1/2
Action: Kenshin
Horror: Hellsing and NightWalker
Romance: Boys over Flowers
NightWalker Wrote:Comedy: Ranma 1/2
Action: Kenshin
Horror: Hellsing and NightWalker
Romance: Boys over Flowers

If you liked Boys over Flowers I suggest checking out the live-action tv series. Fansubbed version is available at d-addicts.com under 'Hana Yori Dango'.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Grave of the Fireflies would be #1 on my list. I didn't go for "cool" or "funny" movies when I selected this title (I do enjoy cool/funny though) but I thought this thread was for "Best anime you ever saw"..... cool or funny usually doesn't translate into "best" in my opinion.

Grave of the Fireflies is not only well respected in the anime community but it also gets a big thumbs up from Roger Ebert (watch the extras, he talks about the movie for around 20 minutes and he rarely gives a thumbs up for anime).

If I listed off titles like the rest of you my list would be (i.e. the "cool" list):

Trigun, Bebop, all things Gundam, Berserk, Now and Then Here and There, Kenshin OVAs, and Jin-Roh (not in that particular order)
BadOmen Wrote:Grave of the Fireflies would be #1 on my list. I didn't go for "cool" or "funny" movies when I selected this title (I do enjoy cool/funny though) but I thought this thread was for "Best anime you ever saw"..... cool or funny usually doesn't translate into "best" in my opinion.

Grave of the Fireflies is not only well respected in the anime community but it also gets a big thumbs up from Roger Ebert (watch the extras, he talks about the movie for around 20 minutes and he rarely gives a thumbs up for anime).

Okay, this is going to look weird but if you liked Grave of the Fireflies you might want to check out the 3 hour long live-action movie. Check d-addicts.com for Hotaru no Haka.
Berserk is probably the best anime I have ever seen, because of the strong tone and themes of the show and it's well paced story. My favorite is Yu Yu Hakusho, and funniest is totally GTO.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Okay, this is going to look weird but if you liked Grave of the Fireflies you might want to check out the 3 hour long live-action movie. Check d-addicts.com for Hotaru no Haka.

Downloading it now. Is it complete as one special? I'm pretty drunk right now so can't be bothered to check but know I want this badly!
gubi-gubi Wrote:Downloading it now. Is it complete as one special? I'm pretty drunk right now so can't be bothered to check but know I want this badly!

Ah, ah! I wonder what you've been doing. Big Grin
Yes, it's complete. This is a special that came out only on television. It was one of the highest rated programs of the year (2005).
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Ah, ah! I wonder what you've been doing. Big Grin
Yes, it's complete. This is a special that came out only on television. It was one of the highest rated programs of the year (2005).

Thanks I didn't even know about this one. I too am drunk but will find my way all by myself haha.
Oh yeah. Forgot about GTO. That stuff sure is funny as well. I love it.
Not sure what happened but this post by me doesn't really follow the conversation.... Here's some white space to take it's place.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Okay, this is going to look weird but if you liked Grave of the Fireflies you might want to check out the 3 hour long live-action movie. Check d-addicts.com for Hotaru no Haka.

This title is easier to find if you search for something like Grave of the Fireflies live action. I was not able to find much using it's proper name of Hotaru no Haka. Thanks for the suggestion.
BadOmen Wrote:This title is easier to find if you search for something like Grave of the Fireflies live action. I was not able to find much using it's proper name of Hotaru no Haka. Thanks for the suggestion.

Really?! If I search for the Hotaru no Haka torrent on d-addicts.com (like I suggested previously) I find it right away.