Anime for little girls.
What are some good ones? My littlest sister loves to do just about everything I do, and everyone says she is just a little version of me running around causing (cute and innocent) trouble. I agree with it since I have kinda trained her since she was little to not take peoples crap, and she actively play tricks on my other sisterBig Grin. She is also the least gullible kid I know. I can't trick for anything! She is always running off with my manga, but can't really read them because she is only seven. And my anime is too adult for her (I already teach her enough colorful words). So I wanted to ask what kind of anime little girls might like. Something that isn't full of violence, but not something like Yu-Gi-Oh (since she already hates that, partly because of me...) but has a simple concept. There are lots anime that are popular, but I don?t really check anything out unless it has complex story, or lots of crazy action. Anyone have any good suggestions?
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
The ultimate shojo anime is of course Sailor Moon.

One I recommend most is Kaleido Star. It has a compelling story that is satisfying for both adults and kids. The best of all, Adv has the complete thin pak colleciton of the first season for only ~$30.

Also recommended are Angelic Layer, Kodomo no Omocha, Fruits Basket, Fancy Lala, and Azumanga Daioh.

If she doesn't mind reading subs, then Full Moon Wo Sagashite is a great title. Check out the reviews of all the titles on AnimeNfo.com
Blight Wrote:What are some good ones? My littlest sister loves to do just about everything I do, and everyone says she is just a little version of me running around causing (cute and innocent) trouble. I agree with it since I have kinda trained her since she was little to not take peoples crap, and she actively play tricks on my other sisterBig Grin. She is also the least gullible kid I know. I can't trick for anything! She is always running off with my manga, but can't really read them because she is only seven. And my anime is too adult for her (I already teach her enough colorful words). So I wanted to ask what kind of anime little girls might like. Something that isn't full of violence, but not something like Yu-Gi-Oh (since she already hates that, partly because of me...) but has a simple concept. There are lots anime that are popular, but I don?t really check anything out unless it has complex story, or lots of crazy action. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Wow Kids are learning to hate bad anime at young ages. LoL My nephew HATES Yu-Gi-Oh and he learned to do that on his own that is good
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
some kiddy anime hmm

how about berserk,saikano,neon genesis evangelion. OHHHHHH and of course blue gender Tongue

lol

lets hope no one actually thinks those are kiddy shows.

haibane renmei maybe also trigun while it is pretty complex the whole concept it isnt nesseccerilly too complex i don't think. When i was young i loved that kinda stuff of course it depends on what you think she can handle appropriately.
Cyrus
how old are we talking?
Cyrus
beboprules Wrote:If she doesn't mind reading subs, then Full Moon Wo Sagashite is a great title. Check out the reviews of all the titles on AnimeNfo.com

Dude, she's seven.

Still an option if Blight doesn't mind reading her subs Big Grin
zoids is pretty decent now that i think about that but thats prolly way more guyish then girlish so i don't know if she would like it

HAH i know monster rancher isnt too bad at all. (unless you consider that animal violence but yeah)
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:HAH i know monster rancher isnt too bad at all. (unless you consider that animal violence but yeah)

I like that lol. New series coming soon I think.
initial d. My friends brother is 8 and he loves initial d. If she can't read fast you could try the english version lol, but I wouldn't.

Final Fantasy Unlimited isn't awesome but it's not bad. Maybe Last Exile too. Oh, Irresponsible Captain Tylor! That's probably the best series I can offer, really funny.
...Well, I'm still waiting for Cardcaptor Sakura Perfect Collection...
I forced myself to sit through the movies and have trouble admitting to actually enjoying the second one. :o I think this show may be a few steps up on Yu-Gi-Oh.

(Gawddamnit ADV!!! Hurry up with that Gantz Season 1 Boxset so I can eliminate my desires to watch Cardcaptor Sakura! Smile )

Other anime that may work...Figure 17, Ghibli movies, Gatekeepers, & Tokyo Mew Mew.
Haibane Renmei, Trigun, Initial D, Zoids, Last Exile, Captain Tylor????????????
Folks. We are talking about 7 year old girl here.

I agree with Cardcaptor sakura and Figure 17. They are good bets. The dubbed version of Cardcaptor Sakura is called Cardcaptors
Thanks for all the suggestions. Some fit better than others lol but at least I have some where to start looking. If anyone has anything else to add, feel free, I can use all the suggestions I can get.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Basically look for shojo titles, that is, anime that are intended for girls. Any series made by Clamp would be probably great, except X TV and Chobits :p
beboprules Wrote:Haibane Renmei, Trigun, Initial D, Zoids, Last Exile, Captain Tylor????????????
Folks. We are talking about 7 year old girl here.

I agree with Cardcaptor sakura and Figure 17. They are good bets. The dubbed version of Cardcaptor Sakura is called Cardcaptors

Um, wtf is wrong with zoids or captain tylor? Trigun and last exile aren't bad either for that matter...
Zoids - meant for pre-teen boys
Captain Tylor - too much mature contents
Trigun - too much violence
Last Exile - too complicated