Sci-Fi Channel circa 1993
Any of you remember watching the Anime Marathon on the Sci Fi channel back when it first came out? They showed Lensmen, Vampir Hunter D, and Robot Carnaval over and over for about 24 hours.

Question is if any of you know any place to get Lensmen. I've found copies of it on VHS, but I don't have a VHS player anymore. Plus the copies are all used and in poor condition from what the reviews say. Anybody on the up and up who's got the inside info on this movie?

Vampir Hunter D survived the years, but Lensmen disappeared and I don't even know if Robot Carnival is around anymore.

Branden
Well you can dl it from here - http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh...#eid_23115 but its vhs ripped im affraidSad
Back when sci fi didn't suck? I have no idea what show that is. Never heard of it. I do remember watching vampire hunter d though on sci fi when I was staying at my aunts house in minneapolis. Didn't have it that long ago.
Same here,i remember watching Project A-Ko for the first time on Sci Fi back in the days,what ever happened to the Anime festival on there?
bignev44 Wrote:Same here,i remember watching Project A-Ko for the first time on Sci Fi back in the days,what ever happened to the Anime festival on there?

For starters, Stargate SG-1. Sci Fi has lost a lot of the character it had back when I was younger. There was some cool ass shows on it.

I have a question too. Anyone remember an anime where the main character used what looked like a wooden sword, but it glowed blue and he fights some monster at the end that he had been after the whole movie. There was also something about his father fighting it and losing, and he ends up finding his dads sword at the very end. I know that sounds like it could be a lot of anime but it was on Sci Fi and was seemed really cool to me.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
That anime sounds a lot like Wicked City. It was popular around that same time... or maybe it was Demon City Shinjoku... or something like that. It seems that there were a bunch of demon cities around that time.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Zagatto Wrote:That anime sounds a lot like Wicked City. It was popular around that same time... or maybe it was Demon City Shinjoku... or something like that. It seems that there were a bunch of demon cities around that time.

Thanks Zag.Smile Smile Smile Demon City Shinjoku is in fact the one I was wandering about. I was way young the first time I saw it but I remember how the characters looked enough to pick out the cover. Now, off to buy it and see if it was as good as a remember.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe