yet another 360 thread
Depends on who you talk to.. I am way more interested in teh revolution then the 360 or the PS3. I want to play all my old SNES, NES games plus good N64 games. Also just because a controller is different doesn't mean it won't be good. People are hestitent to change and they fear it. So i reserve to make comments until its in my hand and i like it or not. Until then i really don't take what anyone says to heart. Because you never know you may try it and end up thinking its the best thing there is.. but then you may not.. only when you do try it can you tell..
Cidien Wrote:I think nintendo is the dumbest company by far. So far they have given people -1 reason to wait for their console. The controller actually makes me not want to get a revolution even more. They need to start giving out more specs and gameplay vids. Sony has quite a bit out. More than the 360 did even I think..

Well as resident Nintendo Fanboy, I can't wait to compare these numbers to when they launch the revolution in Japan. The controller makes me want to get the console at launch, and I have never felt that way. To be honest, I haven't been that excited about a new console since the SNES. The Revolution makes me feel like I?m six again, except this time, I have the cash to get the brand new console I want.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
hey i am resident nintendo fanboy too. ;o) but i am with Blight i am very excited for the revolution.
The nes/snes thing makes me want to get one too. I just think it's sad that it's the only reason I really want one at this point. And if they put zelda on the revolution. But that would just piss me off 'cuz I bought a new goddamn gamecube to play it.

And yes the controller may be good but i'd honestly put money on it sucking in most games I play.

I'll have them all eventually but Nintendo hasn't given me a reason to want to buy it right away.

I'm definitely getting a 360 when I can now. Just bought 2 360 wireless controllers lol. Media play is going out of business and they actually put the 360 stuff at 20% off.
http://money.cnn.com/2005/12/15/commenta...tm?cnn=yes

You might think twice about the controller. Article about someone who finally got ahold of one and tested it. Also they talked to THQ developers that commented on the controller.
Quote:"When we first watched it, we thought, frankly, 'what the hell is this?'," said Jack Sorensen, executive vice president of worldwide studios for THQ. "The main thing is getting it in your hands. Once you do that, it's pretty intuitive. It's not about more buttons. It's about ease of use for consumers. ... I'm surprised and happy with the direction Nintendo is going."
I just don't see how a fps can play worth a crap with that controller. How do you spin around quick without twisting your wrist. How does it know when to move and when you're just repositioning the controller. I'm sure there could be a simple button for that but even so I don't understand how that could work better than analog sticks.
I'm amused at the amount of doubt you're giving this controller before you even get your hands on it. I'm looking forward to finding out your reaction after you've had your hands on it for a an hour or so.

The whole thing about speculating about future game systems is kind of funny to me. There is so much fun stuff available now that it seems counterproductive to spend so much time anguishing over what is to come.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I've always said it might be great. Ya you do have to try it first. At this point without having used it yes I have a lot of doubt about the controller. I just don't see how it could work better than two analog stick for a fps. Personally i'd like the attachment analog for the revolution controller with a mouse. =P I think that would be perfect for a fps.
Cidien Wrote:I'll have them all eventually but Nintendo hasn't given me a reason to want to buy it right away.

How about the price? This thing is most likely going to be to cheap to pass up on. People are estimating a $150 launch, maybe $200.

Backwards compatibility sounds nice but with only 512mb memory you won't be able to store to many games. I'd like to have everything on there like I have now on emulators (including gba, that would be great if we can dl those aswell).

It would suck for you Cidien but bringing Zelda over to the rev. could be the best thing they can do for it. The cube is dead anyways. Been so since RE4.

The controller 'could' be the best thing ever. Depends on how/if it strains the muscles and if they can come up with a good way of controlling 3d action games like fps. I'm with Cidien when I fear they won't be able to make it work with those games and it will become a gimmick like the second DS screen. It will get some games that make full use of the controller but they'll bore you after 15 minutes like the puzzle games on the DS. Like the demo's mentioned in Schultz's article. But if it works I hope developers pick it up. The more competition the better and if the rev. will have a unique way of controlling fps that can give nintendo alot of western fans that are now hooked on xbox. But I fear standard games will get to use the standard controller.