yet another 360 thread
I was reading some hands-on stuff since its only about 6 days to the 360 launch and a few things struck me as odd and kind of annoying.
First the 360 power unit much like the gamecube is huge even bigger than the cubes its a F'n brick. Then the hdd does not even slide into the unit it connects into it via some port but rests on the outside so already you have a 8pound block with two bricks popping out of it.

But as long as you have the hdd you have backwards compatibilty for a bunch of games and M$ says it will be releasing disks to gradually increase the hdd emulator function so porbably after a few months you will have compatibility for just about most games. I will probably get it when oblivion comes out.
You mean that pic we saw of the power unit on the dev. kits is the actual thing? :eek:
If its the same its indeed huge. About half the size of the 360.

The HD looks nicely tucked away, don't exactly know what you mean with that.

I've seen the thing in action this weekend at a game store. They had Kameo running and I wasn't impressed. Or atleast not as awe struck as I was when first seeing the SNES/ps1/ps2. Every new system in my life I was amazed at the graphics but not this time. I don't know if its because I've already seen so much of it on the net or something else but so far its a graphical update and not even the huge step I expected. I know its just the first gen. of games but so were the first games I saw on previous systems. I'm beginning to understand all the people claiming its too soon for a new generation. To me its more like xbox 1.5. You just can't say these graphics are 10 times as good as the xbox. You could with previous launches.

I'll surely buy it since its pretty cheap and I don't have alot of faith in sony releasing in 2006 but I'm not counting the days till its in stores. I can wait a bit longer.
I'm still enjoying games on my PS2 so I can wait a while. I'll probably wait until the PS3 has a price drop before I look at a new console.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
The hdd is on a port on the back of the system so its not really in eyesight but it stills makes the system take up a lot moe space.
Zagatto Wrote:I'm still enjoying games on my PS2 so I can wait a while. I'll probably wait until the PS3 has a price drop before I look at a new console.

Good to see someone shares my view most people now a days are obsessed with being the first to get the next big thing.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Look at a game like oblivion or if you want playable look at call of duty or king kong at best buy. I have no idea why they made kameo a playable demo. The game looks like shit. It looks like a goddamn xbox1 game with a little nicer backgrounds. Retarded.
I read an article on msn (wasn't a gaming site or person) and they even mentioned that the launch titles for the 360 are very lack luster they are pretty much just Xbox 1 games with little bit better graphics. Not really worth anything. and specially nothing like Halo was for the Xbox 1 launch and that's where they are going to have problems. Also on the xbox profiles update from what i have read you will have to have Xbox live as they will be downloaded from there.. Not sure about them sending out discs unless you had to buy em.. ;o(
DOA4 is the only reason I want a 360 right now. Best fighting series ever, and I didn't even know it existed until a few months ago lol. Few other titles like perfect dark I wanna get but nothing else that makes me wanna buy a 360.
As for the updates you can either get em from xbox live, download em off the xbox site or have M$ ship em to ya for a small shipping fee.
Anyone else read the something awful article on the 360? XD
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
I have now. Kinda funny. I havn't been to somethingawful in like two years. They just got progressively dumber and dumber until I quit visiting the site.
Cidien Wrote:I have now. Kinda funny. I havn't been to somethingawful in like two years. They just got progressively dumber and dumber until I quit visiting the site.
they still have their spark on certain occasions.
But for annoying opinionated articles it's either there or Maddox Mission, & I'm sorry but Maddox's lack of talent offends me more than anything he could ever say. I mean really "U2 sucks!" First of all isn't really all that funny, & second of all doesn't offend anyone I know, as I'm the only one who tolerates their music, that I talk to on a regular basis.

It's like Maddox started by wantinbg to make people mad & then realised of the years that it's just easier to complain about what he doesn't like.

When S-A's Thrope comments on music the hate mail comes in by the thousands...
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Batz Kage Wrote:they still have their spark on certain occasions.
But for annoying opinionated articles it's either there or Maddox Mission, & I'm sorry but Maddox's lack of talent offends me more than anything he could ever say. I mean really "U2 sucks!" First of all isn't really all that funny, & second of all doesn't offend anyone I know, as I'm the only one who tolerates their music, that I talk to on a regular basis.

It's like Maddox started by wantinbg to make people mad & then realised of the years that it's just easier to complain about what he doesn't like.

When S-A's Thrope comments on music the hate mail comes in by the thousands...

I used to really enjoy maddox but his newer articles.....
Perfect dark seems a bit sluggish and I don't like the levels very much, but decent game. NFS most wanted is pretty cool. I like being chased by police, it's fun trying to get away and do as much damage as you can while doing so. I wish I had a 360, i'd sell it on ebay for $3grand. Not a good time to have my 21st birthday lol. Oh well, got more free alcohol than should be possible to fit in a body last night lol.

Also, the power cord is HUGE. The 360 is even less portable than the xbox lol.
Cidien Wrote:Perfect dark seems a bit sluggish and I don't like the levels very much, but decent game. NFS most wanted is pretty cool. I like being chased by police, it's fun trying to get away and do as much damage as you can while doing so. I wish I had a 360, i'd sell it on ebay for $3grand. Not a good time to have my 21st birthday lol. Oh well, got more free alcohol than should be possible to fit in a body last night lol.

Also, the power cord is HUGE. The 360 is even less portable than the xbox lol.

That's definatly true things too damn big.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection