Poll: What do you think of the dub voices overall for Naruto?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Awesome
4.88%
2 4.88%
Great
9.76%
4 9.76%
ok
14.63%
6 14.63%
Pretty bad
36.59%
15 36.59%
The most terrible thing you have ever heard in your life
34.15%
14 34.15%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the dub of Naruto?
Blight Wrote:Not really a dub vs sub thread, but what you said is true for me too. If I watch it subbed first, it usually is just odd to see it different, and of course the opposite way as well. But everyone is basically arguing if the dub is good or not, and I think it is shit. Subs really had nothing to do with the argument.
Sure it is; just whether or not people prefer the subbed version or that shit excuse for a dub. Hmm, somehow, this doesn't feel like the first time Viz has fucked up *cough*Inuyasha*cough*...
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Having watched inuyasha in english first I don't think it's that bad. However I understand why some people are a little mad. I'm currently watching through the fansubs. Naruto is a way worse screwup than inuyasha though... the VA's are worse and teh voice work is much more important in naruto. =/
onizuka17711 Wrote:Sure it is; just whether or not people prefer the subbed version or that shit excuse for a dub.

I hasn't been for me. I won't comment on whether or not others actually prefer to watch it subtitled or not, I just hate the dub. I don't really have any strong attachment to any subbed version; I just think that, discounting the voices, the3 sound design for the source material is superior. Meaning the music is better. That was my only real complaint. You could stretch it to mean that I like the subbed version by default, because I hate the dub, but that isn't entirely true because haven?t made my mind up about it or not. I might just stick with the Manga only (even thought it is all hell of behind :mad: ). Anyways, I'm like ciden and had seen inuyasha dubbed first (and only) so I don't think it is bad. But that is simply the biased behind opinions.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
hakken Wrote:http://www.narutofan.com/index.php/conte...njyataisen

That's what i'm looking forward to, game-terms. They're making a new one right *now*, with about twice as many characters (sound 5, kabuto, etc). I want to play Haku, becuase I think his bloodline limit is awesome. (http://www.narutofan.com/index.php/conte...%20preview) As for what I think is a bad dub, well, one-piece, tokyo mew mew, some of the voices in FMA, Chouji's voice, and most of berzerk's dub. I personally thought the voices in the naruto dub were appropriate - shikamaru's and sasuke's, for example, I thought were vastly superior to the japanese version i've seen, mainly because of the undertones. Kakashi's could use some work, naruto's could use some work (though I think she'll grow into it), but itachi's and sandaime's are both fine.

HOW DARE YOU MOCK THE NAME OF BERSERK, THE DUB WAS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE HEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DERSERVE.... I AM GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE THIS TO ANOTHER SECTION
Holy crap dude. Sure didn't miss you.
Oh and you never over react to anything?:p
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Not in giant pink letters. For like the 10th time. After being told not to by mods more than once....
Great someone insists on voting months after and another old thread comes back
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Of course. Wish you could see who voted though. =/

Just brought back the though of BE though. Guess he didn't care enough to access again from a different place.
Cidien Wrote:Of course. Wish you could see who voted though. =/

Just brought back the though of BE though. Guess he didn't care enough to access again from a different place.

I forgot all about him actually im sure he will return sometime in the future though. As i've said before BE is like a cockroach. I agree with you though too bad we can't tell who brought it back.

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Ha we need a name and shame system! Nah only joking, it doesn't seem to bother me as much as it used do. I used to go crazy when another old poll got dragged up now i'm all zen about it :p
Now I posted awhile back that I thought they did a decent job. Well, that was right after the first episode. It seems Viz did a decent job, till the show introduces a new character and you say to yourself what the carp was that. Everytime I here a new voice it makes me cringe. And Im interested to heat Orochimaru's voice to see if it is really Tony Danza. If that happens I probably will not watch another dubbed anime series in my life. It kinda hard to believe that Steve Blume, the voice of Spike Spegle and many other wonderful characters, can take a GREAT show like Naruto and turn it into crap. I guess becuase you have talent in one area doesnt mean you have talent in another. Oh well.
Thats my two cents.
I find it difficult to even watch Naruto in Japanese, how much worst is it in English?

I have a question for all of you, how the hell did Naruto become so damn popular? (it's friggen DBZ with a different name)
It's DBZ with cooler characters (minus vegeta and cell), more character development, a cooler world, more realistic (sorta) yet just as cool fighting, less staring, more plot and faster plot development so ya, it's awesome. And that is how you construct a run-on sentence with several grammatical errors. Wow.
Only cool characters so far as the one who hates Naruto(forgot his name and simply because he hates Naruto) and Kakashi. The characters Naruto and Sakura are unintresting to me anyways.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection