Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What do you think of the dub of Naruto?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just thought I should see what everyone thinks of the dub voices for Naruto since it just aired on CN.
topcello Wrote:Just thought I should see what everyone thinks of the dub voices for Naruto since it just aired on CN.

Narutos VAs HORRIBLE just horrible...It's worse than I thought...
Puppet Master Wrote:Narutos VAs HORRIBLE just horrible...It's worse than I thought...
I haven't heard it yet, but is it worse than the Inuyasha dub?
Puppet Master Wrote:Narutos VAs HORRIBLE just horrible...It's worse than I thought...

I didn't think they were that bad, infact I didn't mind them much. I'd definitely prefer the japanese voices over them tho.
I voted "Great" but I am a dub fan and this is the first time ever I've seen Naruto.Wink
i havnt herd worse dubs in my life, they have turned an awsome anime into a saterday morning cartoon...verry dissapointed in vis
I voted 'The most terrible thing you have ever heard in your life' though it was not the worst I have ever seen, Shaman King claims that titlem 'Pretty Bad' can not describe how terrible it was so thus my vote.

Some of the guys were alright others were bad but by far what makes this one of the worst dubs ever was Naruto's voice. The seiyu was terrible and I have no clue how SHE got the lead part when she was so unsuitable and plain bad. At another point good or bad I swear I must have heard 7 diffrent pronunciations of Naruto's name thoughout the episode.
Tony Danza as Orochimaru? No thanks, I'm perfectly happy sticking to fansubs.
Did they change the translation alot? Is there going to be an uncut subtitled version available?
heres a preview clip
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/v...index.html

sounds pretty cheesy to me, lol (and here I was eagerly waiting for it to come on cartoon network in the UK)
Yea I noticed a bunch of minor changes I dunno I need to rewatch the english dub again and comapre it to the fansub ver I just rewatched. More noticable than that was al the censorship and I noticed a lot of edits.

Yes, there will be a uncut subtitled version avalable through Viz but sadly Viz sucks at this kinda thing. All the DVDs will be edited except when bought in box sets. They should be releasing about 1 box for every 9-12 months and with 12 episodes each or soemthing like that expect naruto to take anywhere from 7-10 years to catch up with the current fansubbed episodes. Took em 13 years to finish 7 season and 151 episodes of Ranma wonder how long for this epis series...
onizuka17711 Wrote:I haven't heard it yet, but is it worse than the Inuyasha dub?

The Inuyasha dub doesn?t bother me but whoever cast Narutos VA needs to be fired...
Didn't see the eps but Narutos voice from that clip is godawful. Viz is retarded.
It seems that all the voice actors seem to have trouble pronouncing various Japanese names, such as "Naruto" or "Mizuki". There seems to be a slightly longer pause before they say a character's name, sounds almost editted.
It wasn't actually that bad. I have definitly heard much, much worse coughgundamseedcough. But still, they were pretty bad. Was anybody else annoyed when they pronounced Sakura, soccer-a and Hokage, hoe-kage.

For anyone who wishes to rip their ears off, you can download the first two dubbed episodes of Naruto here: http://diehappy.homelinux.org:6969/.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6