Poll: What do you think of the dub voices overall for Naruto?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Awesome
4.88%
2 4.88%
Great
9.76%
4 9.76%
ok
14.63%
6 14.63%
Pretty bad
36.59%
15 36.59%
The most terrible thing you have ever heard in your life
34.15%
14 34.15%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the dub of Naruto?
The only thing that compares in bad dubs is Escaflownes villan...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Ya, escaflowne was pretty good except that stupid tomboy...

Just watched both Naruto eps. Sucked. A lot. No emotion whatsoever at one of the most emotional moments in the show. What bullshit. That's probably my #1 complain with many america dubs. They just usually don't show emotion like the Japanese voice actors do.

I did like crispin freemans character though. =P Course he's my favorite voice actor.

And I know what you guys mean about the names. The only person the entire time I was watching CN that said Naruto right was the blue guy Tom... and that's just wrong....
i just watched the clip and yeah i can't imagine watching through the entire series listening to naruto's voice honestly it made me cringe.

uh i guess people will just go with fansubs
Cyrus
hmm, they seemed to have changed the clip (now its them in class) and they totally just edited out the kiss between Naruto and Sasuke, darn - that was too funny in the original.
Damn, you know, for a while it looked like the dubbing industry was getting it right. Cowboy Bebop and Yu Yu Hakusho are pretty much the cream of the crop in my eyes and now that both have come to pass I guess that the new trend is to impersonate 4KE. This is THE single most disappointing thing to happen since I started watching anime. I hope nobody watches the show, and five years later, once Viz has had to declare bankruptcy, someone comes in and get s it right. But I know that won't happen. Little kids are gonna eat this pile and anyone wanting to see a good show will be SOL. I'd like to be super pissed off about this, but it is just so damn depressing that it sucks all the power outta me.Sad
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
jenga Wrote:It wasn't actually that bad. I have definitly heard much, much worse coughgundamseedcough. But still, they were pretty bad. Was anybody else annoyed when they pronounced Sakura, soccer-a and Hokage, hoe-kage.

For anyone who wishes to rip their ears off, you can download the first two dubbed episodes of Naruto here: http://diehappy.homelinux.org:6969/.

Are you serious?! Gundam has never had good voicing, but it just isn?t possible that you think that this carp was better than seed.
Havn't seen seed dubbed but the only gundam series I thought had bad voice acting was G Gundam cuz they overacted a lot and 0080 isn't that great. That's mostly because there are a lotta kids in 0080 though and grown ups never voice kids properly. They always just sound high pitched and annoying. Japanese VA's seem to have the exact same problem there too...
Blight Wrote:Are you serious?! Gundam has never had good voicing, but it just isn?t possible that you think that this carp was better than seed.

Actually the original Gundam had a pretty decent dub. As for the Naruto dub, I do think it is better than the Gundam Seed dub. I can stand the Naruto dub, but I absolutely hate the Gundam Seed dub. Everytime I hear it I want to kill myself, especially when Kira or Lacus speak. Who the hell thought it was alright to make Kira sound like a retarded surfer and Lacus like a high pitched five year old?
yea though most people know this.. to me One Piece takes the cake for worst dub of all.. the intro song sucks.. Sanji is made to be a gangster type person and how he talks.. omg everyone of my friends have hated it when they watched it.
Schultz Wrote:yea though most people know this.. to me One Piece takes the cake for worst dub of all.. the intro song sucks.. Sanji is made to be a gangster type person and how he talks.. omg everyone of my friends have hated it when they watched it.

I agree; the One Piece dub is probably just the worst dub I have heard. It is probably worse than the Naruto dub is, but Naruto was just such a damn disappointment to me that it over shadows all other failures. Damn, I hate this.

And I discovered my rage too. They changed the music. It is an out rage. It is a crime against moving pictures. It is blasphemy. It is sacrilege. Why screw with one of the best parts of the show? Afraid it would out shine your crappy voice work Viz? I hope they burn for this.
I almost voted awesome because it's awesome how bad it is, but i voted pretty bad because of One Piece.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
Ya, awesome by dictionary definition describes it fairly well.
I watched the first episode on the canadian premiere last night.

Sick -__-;

Iruka was okay, but Naruto was awful, and Sakura was bad.

And what bothered me the most, what about the thme songs? Where the hell was Wind?

For those of you who have seen the second episode, do they show Rocks or Wind at all? Cause that was the worst part for me. >_<
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
I was upset to see that they edited out naruto and Sasuke kissing because if they did that then they are going to be editing a lot. makes me very sad.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
I think they did a decnet job, thats it just decent. Could have done better, but also they could have gone the way of One Peice, as in it is a great manga or anime, but the voices are TOO FRICKIN Sat. morning cartoonish. I try not to compare dubs to the original japanese. I mean lets face it, you will never top the intensity fo japanese voice talent.
Thats my toughts.