Current games thread!
That seems to happen A LOT to people. With siblings screwing up their saves. Good thing in my house we keep all our stuff seperate.

Currently 13-14 hours into Wild Arms 4. I'm tired of all the hate being spread about this game on various review sites. This game is FANTASTIC! And it adds a lot of fresh new ideas to the wild arms series.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
Currently playing Dawn of War, best RTS I have ever played. Aside from Starcraft.
desfunk Wrote:Ninja Gaiden is one of the VERY VERY VERY few games on the Xbox I actually liked. Almost everything else was just mediocre at best. I actually rented NG twice, once with the normal version, and then again when Black came out (which is when i finally was able to beat it)

I finally unlocked the military destruction missions in ng. Ya, try beating 100 military enemies when 1/4 of them are rockets and 1/4 of them are the bastards that catch you in the air and take off 1/5 of your health lol. Fun to try but i'm not sure i'm ever going to beat that. Most i've killed is like 56.

Almost beat xenosaga 2 now. The combat blows. Fortunately 95% of gameplay on the first disc is story. The second disc has you fighting a lot more. =/

Just started Jade Empire too. Seems like it might be ok although it's a little awkward to control the characters.

Oh started ffx also for some reason lol. Felt like playing it again. Man I have a lotta time to play games when I don't play wow or eq2.
Cidien Wrote:I finally unlocked the military destruction missions in ng. Ya, try beating 100 military enemies when 1/4 of them are rockets and 1/4 of them are the bastards that catch you in the air and take off 1/5 of your health lol. Fun to try but i'm not sure i'm ever going to beat that. Most i've killed is like 56.

That sounds tough. I'm at some huge skeleton dinosaur in some caves beneath a cathedral. I thought the enemies I've seen so far were pretty tough but your guys sound way tougher.
Unfortuantly Xenosaga II did suck ass. Which is a real shame because the first game is probably the best RPG on PS2. The combat in II was absolutely crap, the story scenes were too short and seemed like small snipets, the story was diconjointed, just felt like a random series of events as opposed to a continuos story. Music was ok in parts but nothing that can touch Yasunori Mitsuda's score for part 1.

The character redesigns were dumb, and the total personality transplant of Shion was just stupid, she acts like a totally different person in Saga II. They are trying to correct their mistakes on Saga III, but by then I'm not sure I'll care, great job on crapping up a great series. The story in some parts was not too bad, but just overall nothing felt "right". I mean they took away the U.M.N and everything....ugh...such a bad sequel is scares me....
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
They were redesigned cause there was NO POSSIBLY WAY you could take the original designs seriously in part 2, which had a lot more of a 'mature' story to it (which was why they went with mature character designs over generic anime cutesy designs). The only reason I played 2 was to continue the story of 1, and it did its job. Now i'm hyped for Episode 3.

I'll agree, there were a lot of gameplay things that took a hit in the sequel. The battle system especially. As for the story, i found it more 'movie like' in the sequel due to the better directing IN the actual cutscenes. A lot of the originals were quite stiff. Either way, I still love the entire series (and of course episode 1 is the better game)

As for me... I beat Wild Arms 4 this morning. I'm still trying to work out in my mind if it really WAS my favorite game in the series. If not, then it was pretty darn close to the top of my list. What a fantastic game, ignore what all the lame-ass reviewers are saying.
I like the story in two so far. Mainly because I think Jr. is badass and it mostly focuses on him. It was really cool when you went to where he was raised and got to see all the flashbacks. Too bad ep. 3 will be the last one. I just hope they don't leave any big plotholes. Example, ep. 3 should really focus on chaos more. He's been there the whole time and we know nothing about him. We know Jin knew him and canaan a while back. That's about it. Oh and ep. 1&2 will be out for the ds with the originals battle system for both. They're shifting the focus of the story in 2 to shion rather than jr though, so it will probably suck as shion is now my least favorite character in the series. She's just so retarded.

FFX spoiler.. sorta...

Oh and I think FFX is the best rpg on the ps2. When Tidus "died" it made you feel really sad. The whole story was great.
Man I feel like a GHOST!

Currently playing World Of Warcraft STILL!

Name : Xanophalgue (60-Human Warrior)
Alts Name : Armos (29-PVP Warsong Gulch)

Server : Zuljin

Anyone ever feels like makin a guy on there give me a whisper.

Kakoi, our friend, and I are always on, pounding some NPC or other Player into the ground.

That's all i been doin for the past Year+
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
DARK OSAMU Wrote:Man I feel like a GHOST!

Currently playing World Of Warcraft STILL!

Name : Xanophalgue (60-Human Warrior)
Alts Name : Armos (29-PVP Warsong Gulch)

Server : Zuljin

Anyone ever feels like makin a guy on there give me a whisper.

Kakoi, our friend, and I are always on, pounding some NPC or other Player into the ground.

That's all i been doin for the past Year+

So that's where you've been. How's it going Dark? (although you probably don't remember me)

Funny stuff, every once in a while an old member shows up and turns out they've been on WoW all the time. You're like the tenth member (on various forums) who came back with that story.

Ok, I've never played or seen an mmorpg. What's the addiction and how come it doesn't get boring after hundreds of hours of doing the same thing (I imagine)? I can't understand people paying for a game and then pay monthly fees to keep on there for so long. But there are millions doing it.
i am currently playing Dragon Quest 8 again for the third time. That game rocks! i am not really fond of online games though. the game i am looking for towards is Tales of Legendia for the ps2 and the cowboy bebop game (if and when it ever comes out!).
Most games have a free trial, just try it out and see.

And for me the only mmorpg that didn't get boring requireing me to take long breaks was everquest 1. WoW is fun but it also gets boring. I still just have no idea how people on pve servers don't go insane with boredom.
Havent played a video game for about two months now. Just lost interest, started playing all the zelda games in sequence waiting for twilight princess. Up to majoras mask.
i was playing harvest moon its a wonderful life special edition and the onimusha series. But i finished the onimusha series and got kinda bored of harvest moon or at least it makes me feel like im wasting my life cus the game is so time based lol. So yeah i am playing guild wars a little now and lunar silver star story some more. oh and i might start suikoden 4 again
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:got kinda bored of harvest moon or at least it makes me feel like im wasting my life cus the game is so time based lol.
I know what you mean Tongue

But honestly I like my Harvest Moon like it was on the SNES & GBA.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Got an Xbox off a friend, softmodded it the next day. Now i'm deep into gaming goodness (though i'm still trying to get some decent emulators onto my system)

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders (Xbox). Been playing the hell out of this game