Sony!!!??? WTF
Alright I am a fan of all three platforms right now, I have been a nintendo fan since I was 7 and a sony fan since the ps was first released and an xbox fan for about 2 years now, but if sony makes one more announcement that involves wrong numbers or removal of functionality I wont even look at the ps3.

I dont know if you have heard but sony just announced that the ps3 will NOT have router or any form of network funtionality at all, gee why do you ask because they say it will be too expensive to manufacture, oh gee shouldnt they have know this before e3, did they just forget to actually see if this was feasable. I think I see some vultures flocking towards sonys Japan hq.
It'll still be used as a splitter (or whatever you call them) and it'll keep its 3 ethernet ports. I really don't give a fuck about this. I didn't even know it had a router function, I already have a router and actually I didn't expect anything else from sony (nor M$ who ammong other things keeps shortning their launh lineup) but too keep changing specs till the thing is actually able to play games in front of my eyes.

All 3 consoles are going to be a leap forward. I think the differences will hardly be noticable, especially if you don't have a hd capable tv (like most of us). I'm laughing and getting sick at the same time over all those fanboys arguing about ps3 this, 360 that, throwing numbers arround that noone understands. I'll decide when the damn things are in my hands. I'm a sony guy but I have nothing against the xbox. Especially lately when they got some fine games on there that are not on the ps2 (and I hate pc gamming). I'm looking for a cheap one on various sites daily. So i'll prob. buy the 360 too next to the ps3 since I'm not the patient type.

Anyway I don't see the drop of the router as a big deal and certainly not a reason to not buy it. If they can keep that thing bellow $400 this way I'm definetly fine with it.
Once again, this is the greatest graphical leap since the voodoo to voodoo 2. If you can't tell the difference go watch the movie of killzone 2. Then watch any current gen game in action. If you can't tell the difference you may wanna ask if you can join the special ed kids in highschool.
Cidien Wrote:Once again, this is the greatest graphical leap since the voodoo to voodoo 2. If you can't tell the difference go watch the movie of killzone 2. Then watch any current gen game in action. If you can't tell the difference you may wanna ask if you can join the special ed kids in highschool.
I think he meant between the 360 PS3 & Revolution
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Batz Kage Wrote:I think he meant between the 360 PS3 & Revolution

If that's the case I applogize. Just hearing way too many people say they can't tell the difference. I just have to wonder if these people have ever even seen a screenshot much less a movie showing off the next gen graphics.
I am still probably going to pick up each console. I just heard that m$ says the price will definitely be between 300-375 so I hope thats the case. Anyway I know the ps3 will be righteous in graphics I mean did you all see the unreal engine running on about 45% ps3 power and it was all real time, but I say this sony said the killzone is a representation of the ps3 power ii was not actually said this is running on the systems specs, unlesss I am mistaken.

I will wait about a month after each release just to be safe so I dont buy a buggy system.
no offense but....

Why in the world would you need all 3 systems dont you work or go to school or something how would you have the time to play all 3 systems and make it worth while to buy all 3 i mean we are talking over a 1000 on just the systems alone isnt that a little excessive???
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:no offense but....

Why in the world would you need all 3 systems dont you work or go to school or something how would you have the time to play all 3 systems and make it worth while to buy all 3 i mean we are talking over a 1000 on just the systems alone isnt that a little excessive???
You know, I was just about to say the exact same thing :p ...

I bet he's still bumming off of his parents (no offense). Otherwise, no one in their right mind would pay over $1000 in GAME SYSTEMS. The graphics are nice, but I'll take the $1000 and stick to my N64 :p ...
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Cyrus Wrote:no offense but....

He also didn't say he'd buy them all right away. I'm most likely going to buy all three, but like like the current gen i'll buy one then wait for a price drop in the other two.
/\/\Plus there is renting, and buying used of both consoles and games. Also, some people have REAL jobs, and make good money. Its nothing to career peeps. Also, There are good system only games. If he only bought and played the top tier titles from each console, then he could easily get his money worth. I have two systems now, and about 45 games, plus other hobbies, and get college paid for, while only getting from my parents the ability to stay at their house till I transfer.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:/\/\Plus there is renting, and buying used of both consoles and games. Also, some people have REAL jobs, and make good money. Its nothing to career peeps. Also, There are good system only games. If he only bought and played the top tier titles from each console, then he could easily get his money worth. I have two systems now, and about 45 games, plus other hobbies, and get college paid for, while only getting from my parents the ability to stay at their house till I transfer.
Still...I just can't picture throwing away $1000 for some game systems. Meh, landscaping has made me cheap :p ...
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
hahaha thats pretty strange thinking 3 consoles is expensive.I get paid crap all and ill prob end up with 2.Really there arnt all that many big title games per system worth actually buying rather than renting.most games dont take me more than a day or 2 to complete.Also its not that much.Most pc gamers spend alot more for a pc and graphics card.Some people take a holiday each year even on a low income.Would you consider going someplace else a waste of money? some people would.
As for the router.Why? I dont see the point.If you actually needed one you could buy one or would allready have one.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
Cidien Wrote:If that's the case I applogize. Just hearing way too many people say they can't tell the difference. I just have to wonder if these people have ever even seen a screenshot much less a movie showing off the next gen graphics.

Haha, I did mean the differences between the 360 and ps3. No prob. I know what you mean about those people.

1000 bucks really isn't alot of money especially since I won't spend it all at once since the release dates of the consoles are far apart. As for games, I'll only get the really good ones till there's a mod chip for em.

Quote:I just heard that m$ says the price will definitely be between 300-375 so I hope thats the case

See, that's what I mean when I say I expect things to keep changing. Some people will kill you for saying it will be over $299 cause that's what some M$ guy said in some interview. Now its already rising to 375,- and I expect it to rise to about $500.
with the current gen systems though if you want rpg's then go ps2 if you want fps (cheap) go xbox if you want uh.... cheap stuff go gamecube. i only have a ps2 and if i really feel i need an xbox i can always borrow one or something it just seems like such a waste to spend so much money on other consols. I can use my money for things that benifit my life so much more like i can see buying one consol and getting a lot of good games on it but if i bought just 20 on each i would still be paying 1200 in games alone and thats if i paid 20 per game and thats the cheapest the good ones get ussually.... Maybe its just cus im a rpg fan and i dont need a lot of games cus rpgs are long i suppose if i played games that took me 2 days i might go 2 consols. But i could never see going 3 unless i didnt have a computer and that would beg the question why the heck would i have 3 consols instead of a computer. Even though the next gen consols are really cool still a comp will outdo them well a good comp Tongue
Cyrus
oh as far as mod chips i guess if you were to dl games instead of buying them i could see getting the system so you only need to dl them and its free but me personally i don copy games for my ps2 at all i think if its an rpg they deserve the money and i own mostly just those although i play almost all kinds of games
Cyrus