Sony!!!??? WTF
On the X-box issue, yeah there were some problems with the power connector on the back as Schultz said, I just the other day had to open mine to solder the points back on.

As for the whole east vs west thing.. at the moment the current X-box is very much a "western" console, and although it does have some good Japanese games, it was definatly not enough this generation. That is why most people feel that X-box was mostly western games and PS2 had alot of Japanese support. So I am of the view that Japanese RPG's are better than their western counterparts, but that is because I mainly play an RPG for the story, but western RPG's always seem to be free roaming, so after 10 mins I get bored and stop playing because to me it has no point. But that is just my opinion on the matter.

Anyway, M$ seem to be doing things alot better in regard to Japanese support this time, so hopefully the 360 won't suffer the same lack of Japanese support that the X-box did. So I am hopeful that people can have their choice of both kinds of RPG's on both PS3 and X360. No Idea what Nintendo has in store with the revolution.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
see my problem with rpgs on the xbox is that if i want to play them i can play them on computer and most of them are better on computer anyways such as Kotor and stuff.

Fable is even comming out on comp if that will turn out to be good....

If you want to play the kinda rpg that mostly has no set story then play some D and D game on computer play neverwinter knights or something like that cus that is way better then a game on xbox which does a pathetic excuse for comparing to the western kinda rpgs that are on computer.

Im not saying fable isnt fun and that other ones on xbox arent that bad either but they are all on comp and they for the most part are better on comp. Now if you wanna consider jade empire an rpg them im impressed i consider it more action adventure like i do diablo 2 but it all depends how you classify it.

In reference to having no reason to play fps games on the comp when you have a xbox....

WTF uh halo was made much crappier just to lauch on the xbox first of all second of all its way better on the comp cus you get way more stuff you can use halop custom edition to modify the game more multiplayer features and yeah the only drawback and i mean only drawback to the pc version is no coop mode. then there is the other good xbox fps which is halo 2 which is exclusive so i gotta give em that. I did not forget doom 3 but yeah i own it and its like pretty bad i mean its good in a sense but in another sense it coulda been so much better that why the heck didnt they improve it.... but other then those i cant think of any other good fps on the xbox while comp has unreal tournament halo quake half life 2 (which xbox will have too) and well even more? so i just dont see why you would get an xbox unless you wanted a breed of game such as action adventure or bloodrayne like stuff. Im not saying the xbox is worthless by any means but i cant see buying it for just halo 2 when you have a comp thats why i call it the poor mans computer. I am digging splinter cell tho you should try it (chaos theory).

Also with the japanese rpg thing im playing shadow hearts and yeah its the whole set story like and its wait but its still fun. For me a good rpg has an amazing story a creative battle system and a lot of extra stuff to do. So whether it be like star ocean's battle system or like final fantasy 7 or even legend of dragoon or the arc the lad games they all have their own stories and are interesting to play. I think the real problem is the lack of good ps2 rpg's but hey ps1 has more then enough anyways and if you seriously have beaten all of the good ps1 rpgs to the point where you know where most everything is and did most or all the side quests then stop playing so many videogames Tongue
Cyrus
just wondering if you are to consider something like jade empire an rpg would metroid prime and super metroid be rpgs too??? just wondering what u think.
Cyrus
Metroid prime is a fps with excessive platforming. The other metroids are all sidescrolling shooters.
It comes down to wether you prefer games on the pc or on console, I prefer console because I dont have to worry about pc performance or upgrading every six months. The fable game that is going to be on pc is the half-blood sequel its not really a sequel just has extra stuff like a deluxe version but that version is coming out on xbox as well and before the pc version. I am not into modding and rewritable code so if a game is on xbox and pc I will just get the xbox version. I am very much into multiplayer and I mean having a group of people hanging out at my place and playing in tourneys, so also the console is more appealing there.

And even if you wanted to get into modding and re-writable code the xbox is perfect for that my friend has linux running on his xbox and he boosted the hard drive to about 200 gigs and has tons of emulators and roms and programs running on his xbox.

Some people can't afford to dish out ze cash every time a better graphics card is released.
You only need to buy a new graphics card every 2-3 years. I bought mine a couple years ago and it's just now getting to the point where I can't play the newest most graphic intensive games like bf2. I do like consoles though for online because then everyone is on an even playing field. However modding is an important part of game like fps's. Take HL2 for example. I wouldn't even think about buying it for the xbox. I bought it for computer for the mods, not the game itself.

Btw you can get a good (not the newest greatest) graphics card for under $100 so it's really not that expensive. Like I said, it will run just about anything out right now but bf2.
i can understand the whole wanna play with people in the same room for fps but you can do it on a laptop or you can lan your comps together. When i said mods i meant like Halo ce and stuff like that.
Cyrus